Gran Turismo 5 Prologue has debuted at No1 in the UK, becoming the fastest selling PS3 title within a week.
Released as a budget title, the racer beats previous fastest weekly seller Resistance: Fall of Man, which set the record back at the time of the PS3's launch.
A 50 percent drop in weekly sales sees Ubisoft's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 drop one place to No2, while Sega's Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games also falls one spot to No3.
Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 climbs seven positions to No4, the release of the Wii version helping to drive a 109 percent jump in weekly sales, while Activision's Guitar Hero III rounds off the top five.
Sega's Viking: Battle for Asgard debuts at No8, EA's Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath at No16, Sega's House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return at No21 and Sony's God of War: Chains of Olympus at No29.
01. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (Sony)
02. Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (Ubisoft)
03. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega)
04. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Konami)
05. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (Activision)
06. Sega Superstar Tennis (Sega)
07. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision)
08. Viking: Battle for Asgard (Sega)
09. FIFA 08 (EA)
10. Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)
Leisure software charts compiled by Chart Track, (C)2008 ELSPA Ltd.
Courtesy of Next Generation
Apr 1, 2008