• CreeplyTuna - December 1, 2011 2:40 p.m.

I liked Enslaved a whole lot, and Heavenly Sword was good, but i stopped playing when i ended up playing as Kai for forever, because she was just annoying (both her character and the way she and her crossbow controlled). I really want to be into this too, but metro sexual Dante just looks like a d-bag to me. I've never played any of the others, tho.
  • Errrrbo - December 1, 2011 2:39 p.m.

I'm not a Devil May Cry fan, but I honestly can't see myself playing this game simply because Dante looks like too much of a douche. I'm not one to be superficial about stuff like this, but part of telling a good story in a game like this is having likeable characters, and I already hate that Dante.
  • ParagonT - December 1, 2011 3:24 p.m.

At the moment I agree, but I'll wait for more video's to be sure. To add on that snippet, I really do not like how they portray enemies as these alien, mind altered, dimension freaks. I sort of miss the dark more grotesque enemies from earlier installments (Partially excluding DM4). Personal preference. Good comment.
  • conchking - December 1, 2011 2:39 p.m.

It looks beautiful right now but the combat seems really unresponsive. Its not silky smooth like Bayonetta, I mean.
  • BladedFalcon - December 1, 2011 3:05 p.m.

How can you even tell combat is unresponsive without ever even touching the controls? that makes no darns sense.
  • abhorerofmoppets - December 1, 2011 2:35 p.m.

If it is by Ninja Theory, I'm getting it.
  • comaqi - December 1, 2011 2:35 p.m.

I played a bunch of DMC4 but it just seemed repetitive and nero sucks. Reboot has me stoked.
  • soggysage - December 1, 2011 2:32 p.m.

Seeing as I never had much interest in the original games this reebot has me VERY excited.
  • soggysage - December 1, 2011 2:33 p.m.

*reboot, christ I can't spell
  • MidianGTX - December 1, 2011 2:20 p.m.

If you ask me, all it has to do to bring the old fans around is be a great game. They'll know it's not classic DMC but they'll appreciate it nonetheless. If it turns out to be a stinking pile of Draugr dung, on the other hand...
  • BladedFalcon - December 1, 2011 2:42 p.m.

I'm afraid you're over-estimating the intelligence of most fan-boys. Even if the game turns out to be great, I'm willing to bet there will be a fair share of detractors that's look for any excuse to slam on it just to justify their irrational hate of it beforehand. "Dante still looks emo therefore the game automatically suxx0rs!" Will be the banner of many people even after the game launches. And of course, then there will be a fair share of hypocrites that will buy the game when it comes out, but still bash it publicly to save face from all their hating beforehand.
  • Clovin64 - December 1, 2011 3:16 p.m.

Truer words were never spoken (or typed :P).
  • MeanwhileGuy - December 2, 2011 3:53 a.m.

Well, I'm one of the so-called "fan-boys" of old school DMC, and while I absolutely loathed this game upon announcement, this trailer has made me very cautiously optimistic. Though to me it looks like Capcom and Ninja Theory (as much as I love those guys for Enslaved) have done a massive back-pedal to avoid the fans slaughtering the game before it comes out. Well, slaughtering it even more. To me, it pretty much looks like they've put colours back in instead of having the boring, grey-brown look it had before, and modelled the combat as close to DMC4 as possible, as it looks like they've combined Nero's ability to reach far-off enemies with Dante's flashy combo style. So yeah, they've made a DMC game, just with a horrible, horrible protagonist. I'll probably give it a rent, but there's no way I'm getting this over the HD collection, which gives us fans the Dante we know and love, as well as, y'know, actually having the best games.