Topics

E3 E3 2013

• n00b - June 14, 2013 11:37 a.m.

WTF!?!? Battlefield 4 for Best of show, wtf are you guys smoking? How can you Ignore Bayonnetta or Phoenix Wright, or Dragon's Crown, or Murdered Soul Suspect. But Battlefield 4, What the royal...
  • PlainLikeVanilla - June 14, 2013 12:10 p.m.

There was zero chance of any of the games you mentioned winning Best of Show. If it's not triple A it wont win.
  • rainn'sgaydar - June 14, 2013 11:37 a.m.

I'm not sure where else to say this, so I will here. Aside from all the invasion of privacy implications that come with Xbone's always connected Kinect, perhaps the biggest reason the forced integration is a mistake is that packing it in is the reason they're $100 more expensive than Sony this gen. Just thinking out loud here, but the reactions to their price point weren't exactly great, and they could probably have been at the $399 mark with Sony without forced Kinect. And from what I remember on Monday night, the nail in Microsoft's coffin came after Sony said $399.
  • BladedFalcon - June 14, 2013 11:35 a.m.

Heh, pretty nice, all of these and well done awards, and can't really disagree with most of them XD That being said... That "rumor" video you guys posted back in 2012 concerning FFXV was completely false, and it turned out to be right it's an amazing fluke, but completely unrelated to that video, which clearly was recorded in a college classroom, and which still contained a lot of erroneous information, such as the game being only for the PS3 and Wii U only.
  • Redeater - June 14, 2013 11:34 a.m.

Jesus Christ. As an old school gamer from the NES days I can tell you there is literally no sentence in the english language that is more depressing than "looking good....for a Nintendo game".
  • shawksta - June 14, 2013 11:39 a.m.

^^^^^^
  • Scoob - June 14, 2013 12:53 p.m.

To Nintendo's defense, 10 years from now, those games will end up looking better than anything else as their stylistic graphics age well, while a game like Battlefield 4 will just look meh.
  • shawksta - June 14, 2013 2:28 p.m.

Yep, Wind Waker for example still looks amazing even with the HD remake coming up. As much fun as I had this E3, I can't help but feel as if it was too saturated and filled with Great Realistic graphics and that's it. The only showcased games I can think of that had that colorful unique creativity is Knack, Garden Warfare, some other things and Nintendo's stuff. Yet their thrown off too easily either because their not Rated M action games, Next gen games, and biggest buzz word that gives me tumors "Rehashes"
  • jsty3105 - June 14, 2013 3:29 p.m.

Gamesradar, Ninty trolls extraodinaire...
  • ZeroPotential - June 14, 2013 11:07 a.m.

GODAMMIT THAT BLURRY PIC LOOKS LIKE THE LAST GUARDIAN YOU MOTHERFUCKERS. Or maybe wishful thinking is just messing with my head. Or maybe you assholes decided on that pic specifically to throw people off. Ohhh for it to be July soon....
  • GOD - June 14, 2013 11:20 a.m.

[REDACTED]
  • Redeater - June 14, 2013 11:31 a.m.

Speaking of blurry pictures.....did they ever reveal the blurry pic that was teased for....Destiny or Titanfall? (I get those two mixed up and most likely always will)
  • oryanbelt - June 14, 2013 1:54 p.m.

Nah, that's totally [REDACTED] made by [REDACTED] Studios
  • Temperance11 - June 14, 2013 10:33 a.m.

I think I'd give Battlefront 3 the "Biggest Fan-Pleaser" award, then again I've never been huge Kingdom Hearts fan so I can't gauge each fanbase's excitement.
  • shawksta - June 14, 2013 10:28 a.m.

Great awards guys. And some funny shoe ins for specific reasons XD This was a great E3, tons of stuff, despite the fact that it's cluttered with space and apocalypse games it was still by far a better E3 overall than recent years. I don't know, it's a tough call, one side Kingdom Hearts finally appeared on consoles, and with straight being 3 after so many delays and spin offs(which turned out just to be in development but still fangasm), on the other hand, next to already being hype for how gorgeous smash looks(which I find weird didn't win best graphics for a Nintendo game, atleast Second place, I couldn't tell between real or CGI models) had the fangasm of not just Megaman appearing in Smash but Megaman in general in his good old classic form after Capcom butchered the living F*ck out of him. It's hard to say, im going go for a tie in this one.