Topics

Halo

• ZacEfronZombieHunter - December 2, 2011 1:55 p.m.

My concern is franchise fatigue-This'll be the sixth game in 4 years(Wars, ODST, Reach, and CE Anniversary). Microsoft had a good thing going, alternating HALO & Gears for their tentpole 1st-party fall releases... I live HALO, I've been a fan since I first drove a Warthog on Blood Gulch in an EB demo station, but I'm getting a little weary, and a little wary of it going the way of Tony Hawk, Tomb Raider, or Guitar Hero... Oh well. HollyCoop(I like when they call you that, I hope you don't mind that I do too), you're a great addition to Gamesradar.com AND a perfect fit for Talkradar, I'm glad we have you. 343, not 434. Because I'm a nerd.
  • UberNoob - December 2, 2011 2:42 p.m.

I have to agree with you. No seriously, I have to...I'm being held at gun-point to do so... JK JK, though you have a point. I am somewhat of a Halo fan (have all the games and read the books), but it seems though the franchise is being milked out of. I mean, a new trilogy?! I understand new games will continue to keep the franchise alive and continue the story (though no necessary), but bring something new to the table. A difference, non-Halo game. I will probably buy the games though, only because I like Halo. I'd rather see more from 343 Industries and Halo than Activision and CoD...
  • miles-sanders - December 2, 2011 3:38 p.m.

good point raised there ZacEfronZombieHunter, the positive side is that about 90% of the bungie team who worked on previous halo is with 343 industries and that 343 industries was helping to create halo from the beginning, the bad side is yes the game could turn shockingly bad and continue making more until they've totally killed the franchise, (like call of duty will), but halo 4 looks promising they will be filling in the last part of the story that people have been craving and finally we'll probably get to kill cortana as she is driving crazy just like 343 guilty spark did, but don't hold this to be a true fact. as long as the game is not covered in flood and finally gets to see the a legid forerunners. hooooray
  • GhostbustTyler - December 2, 2011 1:44 p.m.

I'm torn on this game. I've always loved Halo, but come on. I've already finished the fight. It feels a bit like kind of an extra money grab, but to be honest, I'll probably buy it just because of my shameful fanboyness of the series.
  • miles-sanders - December 2, 2011 3:42 p.m.

i'd say halo wars odst and reach was more of money grabbers but they left a cliffhanging story knowones knows what happens with the elites and the humans the chief dissapears and how will things shape up after the war between each race will they stay friends or not, halo 4 could possibly been a game which finishes these questions for us but your right in that it could be another money grabber the next trilolgy of them.
  • Bladex206 - December 2, 2011 1:43 p.m.

Fuck yeah I'm ready for this.
  • Blasto - December 2, 2011 1:43 p.m.

Not exactly a ton of details to go on, but Cortana going rampant could be cool if it's done right.