Topics

Nintendo

• GoldenEagle1476 - January 11, 2013 12:39 p.m.

Oh man can't wait!
  • Pruman - January 11, 2013 11:13 a.m.

I'll probably end up buying this, but would it kill Nintendo to make another Advance Wars game? If Fire Emblem is like chess, Advance Wars is like chess crossed with Risk, minus the dice.
  • BladedFalcon - January 11, 2013 2:15 p.m.

Hear hear! Seriously, a post 2000 Nintendo hand held without the holy trifecta of castlevania, Fire Emblem and Advance Wars is not a good Nintendo Hand held in my books XD
  • shawksta - January 11, 2013 7:20 p.m.

The fact that were even getting Fire Emblem is a miracle, here's hoping Advance wars is next
  • obviouslyadouche - January 10, 2013 5:12 p.m.

It's good there is difficulty levels but honestly I think character death should always be able to happen, it's a staple of fire emblem for pete's sake.
  • Cyberninja - January 11, 2013 4:03 a.m.

which is why you can leave it on, personally I am going to play without it because that why I can take more risks like I would in other games since when you are afraid to let someone usefull die it hampers strategy.
  • masterjoe123 - January 10, 2013 2:09 p.m.

After the disappointment that was Shadow Dragon, it looks like Nintendo is finally turning this series around.
  • BladedFalcon - January 10, 2013 1:25 p.m.

Basically this, and Castlevania: Mirror of Fate was basically what pushed me to finally give, and get a 3DS, so needless to say, I'm frigging pumped. I like hearing more details about the animated cutscenes, and the character progression. Having an extra layer of customization of each character's skills sounds just what the series needed to make each unit feel properly unique. I do still wish they had stuck with the old school (GBA style)sprites, loved how those moved, but oh well, at least these 3D models look far more better than the awful mess of those Shadow Dragon ones.
  • slimjim441 - January 10, 2013 12:31 p.m.

Mein Gott... Every time I hear more info about this game, I practically shit my pants in excitement. More people need to be excited about this so we don't have to miss out on half the series. Come on, people, get with it. And don't forget to pre-order at Gamestop, only because you get some art book with it.
  • Letter11 - January 10, 2013 10:56 a.m.

Wow, it's finally time for me to get a 3DS. I'm so ready for this.
  • shawksta - January 10, 2013 10:04 a.m.

Fire emblem was harsh with it's strict system, this could really make it less stressful to play and still kickass I frankly love the new designs, some people complain but frankly it's because their less Japanese designed, I like new ike, if you don't have the thought that he's holding a sword his artwork looks like he has a blade hand XD
  • BladedFalcon - January 10, 2013 1:16 p.m.

I like the new designs themselves, In THIS particular case though, i am kinda more fond of the 2D sprites the series used for their GBA games, over these 3D models.
  • shawksta - January 10, 2013 5:03 p.m.

they made the map screen on sprites atleast XD, wouldve been interesting to see them attack in sprites considering that they can still be uprgraded, Project X zone especially shows this and there are still some games on DS (gundam i believe) that show one hell of an amazing animation with sprites.
  • BladedFalcon - January 10, 2013 6:25 p.m.

Yeah... it's just. i dunno, I find a certain kind of charm and personality found in the attack animations of those 2D sprites. The way each unit felt unique in their approach, their criticals... And there was a certain amount of spectacle in them you didn't see at all in, say Shadow Dragon. The critical animation of the Hero (my favorite unit, btw.) for example, was just magical. Also, don't remind me about Project X Zone, it makes my blood boil to think they won't bring it over here -.-
  • shawksta - January 11, 2013 7:19 p.m.

I know how you feel, who knows, sometimes it just might works, take Ace Attorney 5 for example, they basically went for 3D Models, except they are still based on the sprites and at times when still, they look like they still ARE sprites when their actually 3D Models, you might fall in love with the 3D models of this game when you see it yourself, but i wont make anything official, i said Might. Considering how Capcom loves advertising, its possible, and given the demand it might aswell, Capcom made it official that Ace Attorney 5 will come worldwise because they know about the fans, same goes with Layton vs Ace Attorney, its not confirmed yet but Level 5 is known for localization and the game is highest rated for wanting to get localized. It depends if Sega, Namco and Capcom are willing to risk it for the advertisement if we get it, especially if their planning new games for the characters in them, Capcom has a big chance considering most of their cast are already in MVC3/UMVC3, so its basically Namco and Sega who will probably decide. Heres hoping we get it.
  • BladedFalcon - January 11, 2013 10:40 p.m.

I read in a tweet from Brett Elston, that the call is basically made by Namco, who are the main publishers of the project, it seems >>; Soooo, let's go harass namco? :P
  • shawksta - January 12, 2013 5:13 p.m.

Namco huh? given the demand hopefully they will, i dont recall that many games from them that didnt make it.
  • BladedFalcon - January 12, 2013 6:22 p.m.

How about the precursor from Project X Zone? :P
  • shawksta - January 13, 2013 12:13 a.m.

Oh yeah, Namco X Capcom. Well, shit LET THE HARASSMENT BEGIN XD
  • samsneeze - January 10, 2013 5:50 a.m.

I can't wait to play this and flunk out of school as a result.