We Recommend

• ParagonT - July 18, 2012 6:21 a.m.

"But PC gaming is so expensive!" Hardware, that is all. All thanks to Steam as well. Just on a side note, does there really have to be flame-bait in every article Dave? Is Gamesradar doing so poorly that they need that sorta thing? Or is that how you set yourself apart from the rest?
  • Redeater - July 18, 2012 6:54 a.m.

Wow. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
  • ParagonT - July 18, 2012 8:18 a.m.

Dang straight.
  • GR_DavidHoughton - July 18, 2012 7:46 a.m.

Erm, that was sarcasm in direct reference to that fact that I'd just detailed a really, really cheap PC gaming deal. And in indirect reference to every feature I write on this site championing PC gaming above consoles at least in part due to the economical nature of it.
  • ParagonT - July 18, 2012 8:36 a.m.

I know its sarcasm, but its a taunt and jab at gamers that has the opinion that PC gaming being more expensive (which could be right or wrong). It's flame bait. Economical nature of it? Could you elaborate?
  • ncurry2 - July 18, 2012 10:24 a.m.

Ignore him, Davey boy! You are the best editor on all of the interwebz! I wonder if ParagonT sees the hypocrisy of accusing one of flame baiting by posting a comment that is so rife with it, it could easily be mistaken for a very large tackle box factory catching fire. Not too mention that the only way a flame bait can be successful is if someone bites (ie ParagonT). So complaining about flame baiting is in fact the only way the practice can continue to live on, causing ParagonT to sustain the very thing that he claims he seeks an end to. Bit ironic.
  • ParagonT - July 18, 2012 3:57 p.m.

Here we go.... Also double-ironic coming from a person who patronizes a person complaining when he complains about the fact that I complain. This could go on forever. So I really don't see your point. Also by not "biting" the flame bait and bringing it to the attention of others, the flame baiting may continue forth just as likely it is that I sustain it by bringing it to the attention of others than not. You also commented on this in fact as well, so your technically "sustaining" it as well by making people read my above post, bringing it to others attention in the process, while also being caught on the "hook" as well that you infer. Your anchored here with me as of right now if what you say is true. Now this comment is also "sustaining" it as well, so your preaching to an endless loop my child. So lets bring this back to reality, and quit trying to sound smart.
  • ncurry2 - July 18, 2012 8:21 p.m.

Au contraire! I personally love seeing complaints and as such would never complain about complainers. It provides the opportunity to hone my argumentative skills and usually provides a good laugh. It is particularly enjoyable when the adversary is well-versed (seemingly like yourself ;D) I can't deny that I am also anchored here with you but this is obviously something I knew going into it and already accepted the consequences for. Trying to sound smart is another reason that I love getting into arguments! I confess that I am not overly proficient at proper grammar usage, nor do I have an overly large vocabulary but how else is one to improve without practice? Gaming forums provide the perfect medium to improve while remaining mostly anonymous and it is a subject that holds intense passion for both parties. Besides, there's no better way to discover how you truly feel about something other than by debating over it. Wow, that got off topic...
  • cooldevi - July 18, 2012 7:15 a.m.

pc gaming is the most satisfying and cheap (in the long way) kind of gaming if you know what you're doing. don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise
  • Sinosaur - July 18, 2012 7:37 a.m.

I would love to jump on the PC gaming boat if I had the money to fund getting a new computer. As it stands, every time I buy something on Steam I'm risking having it sit there for years as I find myself unable to run it (and being stuck with a laptop, can't exactly just upgrade my graphics card).
  • SentientSquidMachine - July 18, 2012 7:57 a.m.

Decent PC? No no no. Let's not get everyone's hopes up. Do some research before you buy because this game only plays nice with very few video cards, no matter what your specs are. So if you cant get the game to run above 20fps, how could you possibly handle this shader happy mod.
  • SentientSquidMachine - July 18, 2012 11:46 a.m.

You could lower your resoultion though. no 1920x1080, but at least the game will run smoothly
  • wndem - July 18, 2012 8:15 a.m.

"insane behaviour of Liberty City's airline pilots" Damn it ever since I saw that that was the only thing I could look at. The amazingly good looking cars in the front of the screen stood no chance. That was terrible flying though.
  • OddWoN ER - July 18, 2012 10:52 a.m.

haha, my computer cant even play Empire Earth, which is at least 12 years old by now. i just switched to console gaming because it was cheaper for me to get my fix without illegally downloading games.
  • Kameltoemunch - July 18, 2012 11:16 a.m.

Why do you keep advertising prices in GBP? It's not a British website and it doesn't make any sense.
  • AGPacman - July 18, 2012 12:51 p.m.

Gamesradar has offices in the UK as well as the US. Hooters who wrote this news piece is from the UK
  • CUFCfan616 - July 18, 2012 3:35 p.m.

the article about the worst countries to be in to be a gamer must've really gotten under your skin then.
  • bebl09 - July 29, 2012 4:57 p.m.

Seriously? Ignorant American strikes again...
  • chris-lee - March 1, 2013 2:20 p.m.

twat alert! twat alert twat alert twat alert twat alert chubychops of london
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - July 18, 2012 12:08 p.m.

PC games might not be that expensive, but getting an actual gaming computer and all the hardware for it is.