We Recommend

• Craxi - July 6, 2012 2:40 p.m.

I'm not mad about the micro transactions, if that's even what they are, that's still your choice. I'm mad they aren't using this time and effort to update the game and release it with modern graphics and more content.
  • Maverik770 - July 6, 2012 7:05 a.m.

I think everyone needs to chill theF out and stop jumpig to conclusions. Th ONLY people who have said anything about 'microtransactions' are Gamesradar. That is nothing but SPECULATION on their part. SquareEnix has made NO official announcement about microtransactions in this re-release. I have read this same news post on various other websites (pcgamer.com, etc) and none of them made ANY mention of microtransactions. Pcgamer described the feature as sounding like something in game that you could just use to skip some of the later grinding. As far as we know that's all it is, an in game tool that is free to use for people who want to use it. Or maybe it is in fact microtransactions but no one has officially stated that yet. It is STRICTLY rumor on THIS site's articles only. So stop jumping to conclusions and just wait and see. That is one of the biggest issues with gamers these days is that they're sooo quick to assume every feature added in a game mut be some way to rip more money out of you or screw you. While I understand that is extremely common practice these days by tons of develoeprs and it's very easy to become jaded as a result, let's not assume shiz we don't know yet. All one writer has to do is use the word 'microtransaction' passingly in their article and every reader stops reading and goes straight to the comments section and goes off the deep end... Jeez
  • JachAnen - July 7, 2012 1:45 a.m.

This article does say it is a rumor about the microtransactions so you need to chill too. And even if it is. The game isn't multiplayer and i have yet to see a game that forces you to use microtransactions other than Pay 2 Win titles. And I'm also disappointed that they did not update the game but the president for the real life Shinra Corp. (Square Enix) already spoke about that, so it was to be expected.
  • Viron - July 6, 2012 6:33 a.m.

I'd laugh but this is just really, really sad
  • midiman22000 - July 6, 2012 2:17 a.m.

so they have the BALLS to re-release Final Fantasy 7. Wich is in my opinion the 2nd worst Final Fantasy game out of all FF games I played. WITHOUT at least a graphical update for it, for the PC nonetheless wich HAD a release an X amount of years ago....and they added microtransactions ? I am so NOT gonna buy this
  • CitizenWolfie - July 6, 2012 2:13 a.m.

WTF? I saw the title for the article and assumed it was a HD update or something considering I already own FFVII for the PC. But it's the same game with microtransactions? Nothing is sacred anymore. Is this what gaming is due to become? Bastardized versions of old games and DLC? If this is an indication of the way Square might be going then it seems that, if it ever does happen, the FFVII remake will not only be of the same androgynous, emo-tastic style of all their recent games but also be riddled with microtransactions. You know what Squeenix? You can keep it. I wonder which company will be the next to jump on the money grabbing bandwagon.
  • Divine Paladin - July 6, 2012 4:07 p.m.

SE has been doing this kind of money grubbing for quite a while. They've released sequels to games that weren't asked for and have neglected ones that have been. They haven't listened to their fans in years and have effectively sold out nearly as many franchises as Activision has in the past decade. At this point I think they're only selling out because they have to to break even nowadays (they're putting WAY too much time and money into games that won't make the development money back). At this rate, I can't see them making it too far into the 8th Gen before selling some IPs, merging with ActiBlizz - the two companies do have a pretty good relationship, as SE publishes CoD in Japan - or going bankrupt. It's sad, and I wish that they'd go back on the decent path, but I know they won't.
  • CitizenWolfie - July 7, 2012 12:34 a.m.

I haven't really been following SE for a while as I wasn't keen on FFXII or the way the series was going. Didn't realise things were as bad as you say. Such a shame.
  • tehtimeisnow - July 6, 2012 12:05 a.m.

final fanasty sucks is the werst rpg i ever playd the grafics suck so bad seruoisely just play urself a real rpg insted like fallout new las vegas or ifenety blade
  • lazer59882 - July 6, 2012 1:33 a.m.

You are an idiot.
  • ChristopherDalley - July 6, 2012 2:34 a.m.

You're doing it wrong.
  • SurrealJosh - July 6, 2012 5:40 a.m.

when you can spell you can judge
  • Fruitbat - July 6, 2012 11:22 a.m.

Dur dur my brain am hurt dur dur dur.
  • tehtimeisnow - July 6, 2012 12:03 a.m.

• MadLewsTherin - July 5, 2012 11:59 p.m.

I'll get it. Its not my favorite Final Fantasy game, but its up there as one of my favorites. But I have beaten it so many times, and grinded through leveling my materia and such so many times, that it will be nice to be able to spend some money if I want to, to just skip that part and get into my favorite parts of the game. Don't really care if people think thats stupid, and I think alot of the people who says it is or trash it on here, will buy it as well. A smart move on Sqenix's part, easiest money they'll probably ever make.
  • Killshot - July 5, 2012 6:17 p.m.

Now we just need a steam workshop support and we'll be fighting pretty with a naked Tifa and Yuffie, also hot coffee
  • bass88 - July 5, 2012 4:34 p.m.

Will the vaseline for this arse-pounding be free or will it be microtransacted as well?
  • pr0tostar - July 5, 2012 4:16 p.m.

Oh, and seeing as SE is clearly marketing this game in suit of "current practices" I'm willing to bet my life, house, identity, and pog collection that Yuffie and Vincent will be microtransaction. NIS has done this in a game in which 2 main characters only become fighting party members if you pay $5 for each. In a game where common shop items will cost real world $$$? I'll be surprised if they DON'T do this.
  • Clovin64 - July 5, 2012 3:49 p.m.

the microtransactions make absolutely no sense to me, especially considering FFVII is among the easiest games in the series (Emerald and Ruby weapon aside).
  • pr0tostar - July 5, 2012 4:05 p.m.

Absolutely. There's no poit to spending additional money on anything to "enhance" this game. Emrald and Ruby were fun because a materia-savvy person could make certain cominations to crush them silly. Are materia gonna be microtrans too? I throw a fontsize 72 L O L @ that. If the game is free and you choose to buy microtrans, then meh. Otherwise this is a complete ripoff when you can easily emulate/ebay/PSN this game. Oh and Eidos ported it to PC back in like '99, so even *this* ver isn't too hard to find... If you're fixing for a more fresh FFVII experience, there's also been a fan mod developed for the PC ver that gives the characters and backdrops smoother PS2ish graphics. All and all this was a horrible idea.