• winner2 - May 6, 2013 8:16 p.m.

I am not sure about this. The last Star Wars game I liked was KOTOR 1 and 2. The only game like those I've liked since then is dragon age. So either A) we get no KOTOR 3 and we are sad forever, B) we get KOTOR 3 and it's not up to expectations, or C) we get the holy grail of Star Wars RPGs. I think those are in order of most to least likely.
  • DragonLord23 - May 6, 2013 7:37 p.m.

DICE: Battlefront 3 or Republic Commando 2 Visceral: 1313 or Force Unleashed 3 (imagine it) Bioware: KOTOR 3
  • DragonLord23 - May 6, 2013 7:31 p.m.

The empire has control of the Empire? 1) They should bring Old Republic to consoles even if it is next gen. 2) They should bring Star Wars games every year, but make them different. We don't need Battlefront 3 one year and then Medal of Honor Battlefront the next.
  • shawksta - May 6, 2013 6:32 p.m.

To be fair, it would be real kickass if Bioware made a Mass Effect styled Star Wars game
  • mikehoncho - May 6, 2013 10:59 p.m.

They have, it was called Knights of the Old Republic
  • THETHINGABOUT - May 7, 2013 4:11 a.m.

Didn't have nearly the same cinematic level. Mass Effect establishes its own grandiosity, KotOR fans know the SW universe already. ME definitely plays out more like an engaging cinematic experience than KotOR ever did. A lot of that is also due to the times at which those franchises came out.
  • Arobadope - May 6, 2013 5:24 p.m.

0; the amount of studios at EA that are going to make a good star wars game.
  • TheBountyHunted - May 6, 2013 4:17 p.m.

I have cautious optimism, honestly. I'm excited for games like Battlefront 3 and 1313 because they could be done well and are great game franchises. Or they could be done very poorly if they aren't handled correctly. None of us can know exactly how this is going to play out, and I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.
  • sxh967 - May 6, 2013 3:55 p.m.

That's a shame because Star Wars 1313 looked promising going on what we saw of it. I don't have any confidence in them making a good game. Even with a full dev team all DICE can make is an uninspired sequel to Battlefield 3 (which was a great game), imagine what shit they can put out when part of their dev team gets told to use the force.
  • BladedFalcon - May 6, 2013 3:50 p.m.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised... Considering that I've vowed to boycott EA for the foreseeable future, the news SHOULD make me upset... But then again, There's been such a long time since a decent star wars game that I've long stopped caring. So *shrugs*
  • mbavalo - May 6, 2013 3:30 p.m.

I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.
  • BladedFalcon - May 6, 2013 3:48 p.m.

Um... Someone posted the exact same thing you did at the very start of the comments. If your comment is just straight out quoting one of the most famous franchises existing today... you might wanna check if someone didn't already beat you to the punch first...
  • mbavalo - May 7, 2013 5:27 a.m.

Dammit. Just had to burst my bubble didn't you? :D Although it does not really hurt doing so
  • sandplasma - May 6, 2013 3:29 p.m.

Bitches will bitch. Lucas Arts had it (since they owned it) and star wars fan bitched. Now EA has it and they will continue to bitch. Cant please them.
  • CUFCfan616 - May 6, 2013 3:49 p.m.

We can be pleased by having decent games to play instead of relying on the appeal of Star Wars and flashy graphics. I'll wait to see what happens with 1313 as that looked like a game that wasn't resting on Star Wars laurels, and instead trying to be a decent game in its own right (so much as I could make out without seeing it in action). Other than that, I'm not expecting anything amazing to come out of this
  • sandplasma - May 6, 2013 8:40 p.m.

Hopefully it turns out well! Especially since EA has millions and millions to throw at it. Not that that will make a difference.
  • RedHarlow - May 6, 2013 3:06 p.m.

There is no god.
  • LordZarlon - May 6, 2013 2:31 p.m.

Exactly who did you expect to buy the rights to make Star Wars games? It was going to be either EA, Activision or Ubisoft. They are the only big publishers now. I'm willing to wait and see what they do with it.
  • zegamer - May 6, 2013 2:26 p.m.

Oh god...here comes the endless wave of microtransactions and overpriced DLCs
  • slimjim441 - May 6, 2013 2:51 p.m.

Oh, you wanted your Sith Lord to have a lightsaber? That costs $1.99. You think that's bad? Wait until you want to start using Force powers. *starts humming the trololol song*