Topics

E3 Sony

• punkmetalmage - June 15, 2011 6:14 p.m.

Well as for the Veta's problematic service provider, if you have a smart phone with Android 2.2 you can use your own service provider via wifi hotspotting.
  • spawn58 - June 7, 2011 8:19 p.m.

Why did Xbox get to announed the New Tomb Raider game at their conferance, and not at the PS3 conferance? The New Tomb Raider looks great can't wait to play the game.
  • Jordo141 - June 7, 2011 12:27 p.m.

The Tie/Ridge Racer line was fantastic.
  • Clovin64 - June 7, 2011 11:36 a.m.

PS Vita looks pretty nice (stupid name though), but none of the confirmed games so far interest me. Can't wait to see more.
  • NightCrawler_358 - June 7, 2011 11:28 a.m.

Pretty nice show, I liked it better than Microsoft's, but besides the "PSV" there was just updates on future releases, I was hoping for some new announced games. Also, Jack Trenton is a good speaker, but says the same "move and 3d will add a whole new layer to the game" or "(insert game) is a great example of how move is so great!" Finally, if the do an ad campaign for the PS Vita, the tagline motto will definitely be "Viva la Vita." count on it.
  • sternparez - June 7, 2011 10:49 a.m.

I was hoping we'd get Sky Player in the UK like the Xbox
  • Pry0citer - June 7, 2011 10:18 a.m.

Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, Sly 4, and the Vita looks impressive. I think Sony nailed it!! I'm also very interested in the PSP God of War HD, and the Team ICO collection... but... nothing from the Last Guardian?! :'( The 3DTV thing seems interesting. I don't even have an HDTV so, if I can get a 3D one for cheap, then why the hell not? Dust 514 and Ruin look like great ideas. and Street Fighter X Tekken should be boss. I hope they're launch titles.
  • jmcgrotty - June 7, 2011 9:36 a.m.

Wish comments were editable, but since they aren't: Quick clarification on my PSN comment. Yes, I know that there was actually data loss in the hacking of PSN. My point was that there have not been reports of peoples accounts being used illegally, no reports of credit card info having made it out, etc. My point is that, yes there was data loss, but it lead to nothing.
  • jmcgrotty - June 7, 2011 9:33 a.m.

While I like to pretend that I am not biased for/against any brand, I admit a certain alliance towards Sony. That being said, I have good and bad views on what happened... First, there was the absolutely BEST line of the show for ANY company was after Kaz Harai ripped on Trentons tie, and Trentons follow-up was "I can't believe Kaz made fun of my tie. I'm tempted to bust out that Ridge Racer line, but I like my job too much." Priceless. While I think the PSN situation was totally blown out of proportion (it ultimately had NO impact on anyone. No data loss, etc), if they were going to address it, they needed to do a better job. Their pathetic "I'm sorry" at the start was unacceptable. Again, it wasn't needed at all, but if you are going to do it, do it right. While I knew the NGP was going to completely underwhelm me, that demo of playing Uncharted on it absolutely bombed. It's basically impossible to play with any sort of fluidity at all. The touchscreen is completely unacceptable as an input option. (Note: I know the touchscreen controls are optional) The pushing of 3D was not only underwhelming, but depressing. It is really apparent that this is just another failed tech that Sony can't seem to accept is a failure. Granted, it isn't like people are forced to use it, but just the idea that they are putting resources behind 3D is disappointing. Having said that, the coolest tech I saw (and few are talking about) was the split screen 3DTV. Allowing 2 players wearing the special glasses and seeing different versions of the screens on TV? That's pretty cool, even if just on a tech level. Not sure if it just came across bad, but the Kobe Bryant appearance seemed to show the opposite of what they were trying to get across: that the game can be played by regular people. To me, Kobe had major problems controlling the thing. I could go on and on about how bad Move is, but I really actually just don't care about it. It's another failed tech. Story over, let's move on. Overall, at first I thought I was underwhelmed, then the more I thought about it, my expectations were low to begin with. So they probably just nailed exactly what I expected. Heh. Ridge Racer line... love it.
  • CitizenWolfie - June 7, 2011 8:40 a.m.

After playing the inFamous 2 demo, I'm less inclined to pick it up really. It's a shame as I was a big fan of the first one. Maybe if it drops in price. But other than Vita, Uncharted 3 (wooo!), and some decent EA exclusives like in SSX, I am disappointed. More Move stuff and HD collections don't float my boat if I'm honest.
  • TheWebSwinger - June 7, 2011 7:58 a.m.

I'm getting the Vita. $249...I can't not! Why do I need two current generation Playstations? I don't know...damn this infernal addiction.
  • tuomotaivainen - June 7, 2011 6:32 a.m.

@Zidane Alcor That is indeed Bleach, but that game in particular has been announced already. Can't remember the name of it though XD
  • nelly24 - June 7, 2011 6:20 a.m.

Quite a good conference for Sony I thought. I have never played a Sly Cooper game but all the hype around it has made me interested. One thing I do want to know is how much the PSVita is going to cost in the UK! I just know were going to get stung on the price, like we always do. It be suprised if it was lower than £300. (ANYONE KNOW?)
  • NanoElite666 - June 7, 2011 6:19 a.m.

Good show from Sony. That just leaves Nintendo tomorrow to finish off the Big Three.
  • ZidaneAlcor - June 7, 2011 6:04 a.m.

At about 20:07... Is that... Bleach? Please tell me I'm not the only one who is excited about that tiny half-second clip.
  • Yeager1122 - June 7, 2011 5:21 a.m.

Only thing i really found intresting was the return of Sly Cooper everything else was eh for me.
  • CoryM1134 - June 7, 2011 4:58 a.m.

@Spades, Underwhelming has become the "generally good" of E3. It seems like as long as your conference isn't downright embarrassing, you're in the clear. Sony's PS3 pricing = embarrassing. Microsoft's Cirque du Soleil routine = embarrassing. Miyamoto's sexual prowess(?) on stage? Embarrassing. Sony giving giving we were expecting without any real worthwhile surprises? Pretty good, I guess.
  • SpadesSlick - June 7, 2011 4:27 a.m.

I found their conference to be incredibly underwhelming personally but that's jsut me.
  • district9000 - June 7, 2011 4:06 a.m.

overall sounds like a good conference. and now the NGP becomes very tempting... @sutrebla15, ive heard from some podcast that they probably wanted to get away from the PSP name and start fresh. PSP did kind of flop to my expectations but the NGP is looking pretty good at 250.
  • QWERTYCommander - June 7, 2011 4:03 a.m.

I was keeping a straight face, until I noticed that Vita is getting a Modnation Racers sequel. Loved the first one, but I definitely thought that it could use a bit of touch-up, like easier level creation (Still don't know how to make gaps), and better character creation that seemed to favor novelty items over practical items (I had to improvise for some of the Mods I made.) An MNR sequel sounds great, and could just be the only reason I would pick up a Vita.