• noobeater - September 1, 2009 4:50 p.m.

@notbraze u serious: Disney OWN kill bill WOW disney is officially cool but still...hulk ride and spiderman ride now imreally divided
  • PS360Rulez - September 1, 2009 4:46 p.m.

Dear GR, After reading some of the comments on here I have to ask why are so many of your readers dumb as fuck? I mean most of them apparently no nothing about Disney outside of all the Hannah Montana they seem to be watching. Disney owns ABC and yet filth like "desperate house wives" comes on it, Disney owns ESPN and I watch great football on it every fall, Disney owns Touchstone pictures which makes plenty of rated R movies, Disney just finished the Pirates of the Caribbean series last year (a film series with plenty of killing and great acting), and yet when Disney buys Marvel these dumb asses instantly feel the need to ramble on aimlesly about how its the end of the world. Please realize people that not everything Disney has a hand in is geared towards 12 year olds.
  • noobeater - September 1, 2009 4:42 p.m.

god no...iv been to florida and the hulk rides is one of my favourites, the spiderman one i can remember from '99 when i first went and was even better when i went a few yrs ago therefor for that reason alone im against it and the fact theyll make spiderman worse...i think
  • GamesRadarChrisAntista - September 1, 2009 3:48 p.m.

mostly @pikachu Look, I love reactionary speculation as much as the next guy, but: 1. It's not like Mickey and Zac Efron make frequent appearances on ESPN (Although that first year of ABC ownership did see every prime time sitcom going to Disney World - even the dirt poor family in Roseanne stayed at resort I'll never afford.) 2. It isn't like the WCW acquisition at all really. What little presence Disney has left in the Comic business doesn;t take precedent here, and can only benefit from Marvel's expertise, NOT the other way around. (Remember every Ducktales character started out on the illustrated page!) 3. Another thing people aren't thinking about: The new direction of LucasArts. They decided it wasn't worth their time to focus the time and millions on Star Wars/Indy, and that those properties could be better handled by third party devs so Lucas could focus on original IP. THQ, Konami and Square have put out brand new Disney games this year, so it's foolish to think Disney could even pull together the resources to start developing every Marvel game overnight.
  • ragingearth - September 1, 2009 3:12 p.m.

this is a delicate situation. hopefully, the people who made the recently good Marvel movies can continue to do so in the future. we all know disney's true motivation is money, though. i seriously hope this goes well for Marvel.
  • NotBraze - September 1, 2009 1:29 p.m.

god, I hate stupid people…
  • doomdude - September 1, 2009 12:13 p.m.

nooooooo!!!!!!!!! damn you disney damnyou i say
  • GamerTagsSuck - September 1, 2009 10:45 a.m.

And I do realise that it won't affect Marvel that much but this just saddens me.
  • Felixthecat - September 1, 2009 10:45 a.m.

I'll only be happy if Spider-Man finally kills Miley Cyrus.
  • GamerTagsSuck - September 1, 2009 10:43 a.m.

I wish we were talking about the disney of my childhood, when it could still do no wrong and not the Disney of today. They haven't done anything good for years. Why? Just.... Why?
  • GamesRadarShanePatterson - September 1, 2009 7:10 a.m.

We could all look at the official press release to reduce overreactions! Shall we? "Under the deal, Disney will acquire ownership of Marvel including its more than 5,000 Marvel characters. Mr. Perlmutter (Marvel CEO) will oversee the Marvel properties, and will work directly with Disney's global lines of business to build and further integrate Marvel's properties." So...yeah, Marvel's still in charge with their own product. And I seriously doubt Disney losing money on a bad animated feature will ever harm Marvel. Different pots of cash. Hasn't really affected ESPN... or ABC...
  • camelfro - September 1, 2009 5:47 a.m.

this really shocked me i didnt think this would happen i hope its good for marvel
  • mgkyo666 - September 1, 2009 4:34 a.m.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is not gonna turn out well at all! T_T
  • NotBraze - September 1, 2009 3:03 a.m.

Hollywood Pictures: The Sixth Sense; Touchstone Pictures: The Prestige, Enemy of the State, Pearl Harbor; Miramax Films: Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, No Country for Old Men. What do all these have in common? They're owned by The Walt Disney Company! When people hear the name Disney they instantly think Mickey Mouse, Peter Pan, and Pinocchio (also, unfortunately, Chicken Little, Home on the Range, and The Wild) but the Walt Disney Company is a huge company containing many brands, Marvel will just be one of those brands. I'm sure there will be growing pains, but in the long run I think this is a good move. Disney will have some new property and Marvel's productions will not only be under one roof but they'll have one of the largest entertainment companies in the world to back them up.
  • ilike2pwn - September 1, 2009 1:21 a.m.

2012-Disney vs Marvel: The Ultimate Battle
  • Xeacons - September 1, 2009 1:16 a.m.

Actually, I nearly missed the biggest news of the day. I passed it browsing through Yahoo, and then, of course here. Hey! Only when it's on Gaming News does it matter.
  • nadrewod999 - September 1, 2009 12:59 a.m.

Lol, the second half of Toon Disney's new name (XD) looks like someone from South Park laughing their face off in text speak.
  • nadrewod999 - September 1, 2009 12:55 a.m.

Sorry, forgot to mention this, but my second paragraph is directed at everyone, not just Hurricane.
  • ringslinger - September 1, 2009 12:45 a.m.

@ChrisAntista Look in the 90's no one gave a crap about Marvel and it wasn't that long ago that they were owned by a toy company and in bankruptcy. So, you know, things could be worse. I suppose for me it's all about the consolidation of power and commodities. For my two cents I'd rather have a smaller, still profitable, Marvel than adding another notch on Disney's belt. I suppose that's just the way I roll. That said, I hear you and anything Lassiter is involved with is a good thing. I know a few folks over at Disney Animation and all of them have nothing but good things to say about the guy. Like I said I think my problem is simply that Disney now owns all the Marvel characters, forever and that while now things are probably going to be fine. I worry that down the line, someone will get a wild hair and ruin the whole damn thing. I suppose it's the "FOREVER" thing that concerns me, if this was a 5/10 year pact like the original one with Pixar then I would say, no problem, but that's not the case here. Still, as long as they don't screw up the comics then all is well, seeing as that's the day to day of those characters for me. As long as we don't have to sing songs or turn my life over to a higher power, I'm good with the support group. Excelsior!
  • Destroyer883 - September 1, 2009 12:31 a.m.

Just think of seeing the Disney symbol in the Bottom corner of a Spider-Man Comic. That's enough to send a shiver down My Spine.