• ObliqueZombie - June 17, 2013 11:37 a.m.

I still don't understand why people think this series is "dead to them." Do you really think it's going to be just as if not scarier than when you first popped in Dead Space? No! If you were a fan of the series, you would've loved it for the gameplay, the story, Isaac, the lore. As far as I can tell, everything that made Dead Space stand above most games was still there: ace HUD-less system, beyond solid gameplay, and an incredibly sound coupled with gorgeous graphics. Not to mention DS3 took out multiplayer, added a fun co-op system that created a new experience from the solo singleplayer, and had a incredibly deep and malleable crafting system. But hey, I guess opinions are opinions. I loved DS3 as a game, and I acknowledge that it's not as scary. I never expected it to be.
  • Danomeon - June 17, 2013 2:09 p.m.

Well, if someone played them for the gameplay, story, isaac, and lore, Dead Space 3 would have been pretty fine. But a lot of people played for the survival-horror experience as well as a tight and focused single player game. I personally was dissapointed by the loss of tension and horror, but my major gripe was the microtransactions. I can understand paying for additional content down the road, but after getting access to EVERYTHING in the first two games for 60 dollars, players having the otpion to get ahead in the game byspending more money was a dissapointment. Why not design new levels and sell those? That was my major complaint.
  • ObliqueZombie - June 17, 2013 5:13 p.m.

Those weren't necessary microtransactions, though. They were a shortcut for people who are, in my opinion, dumb enough to take it. There's wasn't much--if anything--you could buy in the market that you couldn't already get. The suits and guns were literally just a different skin of the one's that were in the game--and that you could already get, of course. But just because it added such a distasteful business practice doesn't mean it marred the game itself.
  • Danomeon - June 17, 2013 2:10 p.m.

Corrrection: they DID do what I just said... in addition to all of those other charges. :L I don't think both of those have a place here, just the additional levels
  • SirManguydude - June 17, 2013 3:44 p.m.

I agree on so many levels. If DS4 is eventually made, I could see them making the game drastically different with Co-Op. I felt as though DS3's Co-Op was almost a warm up to things to come, with the hallucinations and such. In DS4 I hope that there is co-op but it would be a little more separated, but each other's actions would effect one another. Let's say Carver and Isaac are in different sections of some ship, and Carver runs away from a bunch of Necromorphs, these Necromorphs may pop up in Isaac's area. Or if one of them accidentally releases a special Necromorph, it could terrorize the other player.
  • slimjim441 - June 17, 2013 11:13 a.m.

Series done; I don't see why it's uncertain.
  • Redeater - June 17, 2013 1:35 p.m.

Unlike the first two I only played through the 3rd once and have no desire to go back to it. My biggest bitch was that I wasn't about to get Xbox gold and find someone online just to be able to play the locked out areas in a game I fucking paid full price for. Fuck that noise.
  • slimjim441 - June 17, 2013 2:35 p.m.

Don't get me wrong; I really loved the series as a whole. I thought 3 added just as much to the universe as 1 and 2, just in a different way. Sure it wasn't as horrifying as the first, but that kind of horror is impossible to replicate past one game. But I digress. I don't have anything against 3, I just think that, even with that little shit at the end, the story is done. So what if [spoilers redacted] after he totally got [spoilers redacted] and then you that little voice chatter thing about [spoilers redacted] with [spoilers redacted]. It was the end. If they make a fourth game, I can write it off like it never happened, because it ended at 3, no matter who lived, died, became indoctrinated, murderously envious, or otherwise. And you know what, if they do make Dead Space 4, and it actually happens to kick ass, all the better. I'll enjoy that, too. This is James. T. Kirk of the U.S.S. Enterprise, signing off. End rant.
  • BladedFalcon - June 17, 2013 9:42 a.m.

GEE! I WONDER WHY
  • Danomeon - June 17, 2013 9:38 a.m.

After Dead Space 3, the series is a little iffy for me. I think that it might be best to just call it good as a trilogy and move on to crafting new experiences. Too many third-party titles have been stretching past what would have otherwise been a fantastic trilogy, and I think that the pile-up of tumor-like series staying past their welcome stagnates the industry a little bit. I'm happy to hear they're working on something new!
  • Sy87 - June 17, 2013 11:20 a.m.

Same here I didn't think they could screw it up. It wasn't so much the coop it's just the whole terrorist thing. Why does any horror related game need terrorists now? Oh and cannon fodder. Why?