• The_Ouroboros - May 23, 2012 9:14 a.m.

I personally had an absolute blast with this game, with my only complaint being in the final boss battle. Had more fun with this game and a couple buddies than I have with the entire Halo series... But, haters will be haters.
  • DeEss - May 23, 2012 10:58 a.m.

Ya know, I've played computer games since Oregon Trail was on an Apple II, but I'm still not sure what the deal is with GOTY editions of games. Is it the last attempt to make money off of it? It certainly feels like an attempt to screw over customers who bought everything at full price on release...
  • talleyXIV - May 23, 2012 2:37 p.m.

Who did it? Who gave this game Game of the Year? Who? With all the games that came out last year... Dead Island is the one they thought of? Skyward Sword, Arkham City, Uncharted 3, Portal 2, Skyrim, Witcher 2, Deus Ex, Dark Souls, and Super Mario 3D Land. "Hmmm associates at this obscure gaming magazine or website? What game are we giving game of the year?" "I don't even remember what we played this year." *Snaps fingers* "There was the one with the zombies... and the island... oh uh Dead Island!" "Good enough."
  • talleyXIV - May 23, 2012 2:45 p.m.

Just read about this elsewhere. Apparently the dumb Australian developers who made it believe that because it sold 3 million copies it can be declared as Game of the Year on the box. Wii Sports sold over 50 million copies, do you think Nintendo started embellishing "Best Game Ever Made" on their boxes? I actually found a site that gave it GOTY and is proud for some reason, they aren't very big or I haven't heard of them at least.. http://www.gamecritics(DOT)com/brad-gallaway/game-of-the-year-2011
  • Z-man427 - May 23, 2012 6:17 p.m.

I dunno, I kind of want to play it, but it would feel weird to buy a GotY edition for a game that clearly was anything but that.
  • codzprc - May 23, 2012 7:41 p.m.

If it's based on developer Techland's game catalog, they could put "Game of the Decade" on the box and be telling the truth.