We Recommend

• P0ck3tC1am - November 7, 2013 7:47 p.m.

"too early to assess the sell-through numbers to consumers". Hmmm I don't think that stopped them from bragging to everyone when they did legit break records. Let us know now, or are you to afraid to let us know what people are starting to think about your rinse repeat game? Call of Duty, Call of DONE.
  • BladedFalcon - November 7, 2013 6:57 p.m.

I really hope this mark the beginning of the end for this current Call of Duty annualization. Unlike others, I don't HATE the series itself, but I do hate the shameless way Activision has been milking it, and it's more than about time it's starts going the way of Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk.
  • Shigeruken - November 7, 2013 7:03 p.m.

Activision guts pretty much any developer that doesn't make Call of Duty money, it'll be interesting to see what happens when Call of Duty stops making that money.
  • shawksta - November 7, 2013 9:15 p.m.

Infinity and Treyarch simultate each year on who makes the games but its still the same. I perfer Treyarch personally, due to, what i think, is better at the single player portion.
  • BladedFalcon - November 7, 2013 9:22 p.m.

Both feel way too similar, but I differ, I liked CoD2, Modern Warfare and MW2 way better than CoD3 and Black Ops. The stories in all of them are ultimately silly anyway, but MW's was the one that had the most semblance of sense and coherence. That, and the Infinity ward developed games up until MW2 (which is the last one of theirs I played.) look better to me than the Treyarch developed ones did, with MW2 looking better than Black Ops even though it came out a year before. Ultimately, it's always more of the same anyways. And that's mainly why I'm tired of it. I don't want the Call of Duty to die off completely, but I WOULD like it to take a 3 - 4 year break so that maybe they can make something akin to the phenomenon CoD4:MW was.
  • shawksta - November 7, 2013 11:10 p.m.

Agreed
  • Pruman - November 11, 2013 11:55 a.m.

Also agreed. MW1 was fun because it could plausibly happen in the real world. MW2 had more plot holes and inconsistencies than the second Transformers movie, and MW3 was completely ridiculous, but I was having so much fun with it that I didn't even care.