• StonedMagician99 - April 25, 2012 8:06 p.m.

Actually, Black Ops did sorta connect the stories of the Modern Warfare games to itself. The final piece of intel in the game is text of an order for one Jonathan something of the SAS (the last name was inked out) to assassinate three main characters of Black Ops. If I had to guess who that is, I'd say Jonathan Price, as in Captain. It's a slender and possibly nonexistent connection, but I thought it was an interesting possibility.
  • Brutalicus - April 25, 2012 7:22 p.m.

Oh, that shockwave in space. I was pants-on-head drunk when I played that part of MW2 and I still shat science geek bricks when SHOCKWAVE IN SPACE WTF
  • obviouslyadouche - April 25, 2012 7:15 p.m.

Actually balance the multiplayer after the first two weeks.
  • MichaelFlynn21 - April 25, 2012 6:12 p.m.

I feel they definitely need to add something to the zombie mode that gives me a sense of accomplishment. Sure making it though waves and waves of zombies is fun but I really don't have a goal. Give a mission to complete or something that will give the players a chance to finish a zombie mode rather than just wait it out and die.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - April 25, 2012 6:07 p.m.

Yes. I agree. I still don't like the mutliplayer, but thought the zombies mode in both games was extremely fun. By the way, there will never be a cover system. never. Why would they start from scratch when they'll sell millions with just remake? And why did you have to bring up space? They'll be a CoD 2176, 2177, 2178, IT'LL NEVER STOP!!
  • TCMU287 - April 25, 2012 6:01 p.m.

Am I the only one who can't stand the IW Modern Warfare series, but thinks the Treyarch games are usually pretty good? I actually loved World at War, and really did enjoy the political intrigue side of things in Black ops. I think if Treyarch mainly did the series, people wouldn't hate it as much. It's infinity ward's crappy COD4 remakes that give the series a bad name.
  • c-c-c-combo breaker - April 26, 2012 3:48 a.m.

'Blops' and 'good' in the same paragraph. Perhaps you have a brain tumour?
  • ObliqueZombie - April 25, 2012 5:59 p.m.

I just want a different experience. Keep it similar, yeah, but overhaul a lot of it. Similar to what 343 is doing. Also, I just want the killstreaks to be dumbed down. No more fucking Escort Airdrops. Still, I doubt I'll play this game. Too many good games coming out this year to care about something that may, MAY... be different from the other five.
  • Sketchy - April 25, 2012 5:34 p.m.

Nine CoDs and less than half were made by Infinity Ward. To me, it's time to move on. Whatever mash-up of developers Activision has on this, they need to make something new. Start from scratch. That or Respawn needs to unveil their new game so Call of Duty can be put to rest.
  • c-c-c-combo breaker - April 26, 2012 3:59 a.m.

This.
  • D0CCON - April 25, 2012 5:32 p.m.

OOH! OOH! A 2013 release date! I'd even take 2014, but they have to start with baby steps.
  • BladedFalcon - April 25, 2012 5:22 p.m.

Eh... of all the gameplay elements needed to spice up the CoD gameplay, i really doubt a cover system would be the thing to improve it... (KZ3's cover system isn't that great or useful either, to be honest, nor a big game changer.) Anyway, they've reached nine now? somehow not seeing them numbered made me feel like they were less.
  • Cwf2008 - April 25, 2012 5:20 p.m.

I want to see them actually deviate from the formula and create a Call of Duty that's as unique and innovative as CoD4. If not...well we don't need a Call of Duty in space. We have Halo as that juggernaut
  • MercurialForce - April 25, 2012 5:28 p.m.

Saying Halo is Call of Duty in Space is like saying Resident Evil is Call of Duty in third person; they play entirely differently.
  • aberkromby - April 25, 2012 5:42 p.m.

CoD4 really didn't innovate much in the way of core gameplay. They added the ability to shoot through thin cover (something common in games today) and a sprint ability (which way way overdue). The only way they really innovated was by spreading the "modern combat" theme. Even then, they weren't the first to do it. They were just the first to do it well.
  • Rub3z - April 26, 2012 1:06 a.m.

They are responsible for adding a sprint ability? You sir, are terribly mistaken. But as for the shooting through stuff bit, you'd actually be surprised how many games are out there that regrettably do not allow this tactic... even if people who use guns on the job can attest to the fact that bullets usually have a hard time penetrating your average wall/ layer of sheet metal, come on. We're talking video games here. I hate when I find myself internally (or perhaps externally) asking "Why can't I shoot that guy? This sucks..."
  • aberkromby - April 26, 2012 1:53 p.m.

They were responsible for introducing the srint ability to CoD games, so it was innovative for them at least. What I really want to see now though is developers realizing that bullets do all sorts of wacky things when they pass through thin cover, such as fly off in random directions, or completely fragment into many pieces, or glow red-hot from friCtion and set things on fire (that last one rarely happens, but it's not unheard of).
  • shawksta - April 25, 2012 5:18 p.m.

I agree, if anything, i LOVED the political intrigue in black ops, especially what they did in the end, they need more of those. Also, more hidden minigames.