• Darree - May 1, 2012 6:52 p.m.

So America, the country that created these huge robot armies, doesn't have the technical knowhow to hack the rabots back onto their side but apparently "the enemy", appears to be an Arab nation of some sort, is totally capable of doing it. The amount I would have to suspend my disbelief to let this fly is beyond my ability.
  • ncurry2 - May 3, 2012 7:32 a.m.

Also the fact that a man that had 5 grenades exploded on his chest is still alive (see other CoD article on this very site)
  • Brutalicus - May 1, 2012 6:52 p.m.

This looks actually pretty awesome... as some other posters have said, though, their engine is really hurting. This would look awesome on, oh, CryEngine, Frostbite... If this looked half as good as Gears 1 it would be a lot more tantalizing.
  • ericmatrix1 - May 1, 2012 6:34 p.m.

It already looks better than CoD: Black Ops lol. Idk if it will do well though, because 1) It almost looks like there is TOO much going on. and 2) We have all seen Terminator 1-4 (Okay Maybe not T3. It was pretty awful) and we know how that whole deal ends up. We do not need any more attempts to take over the world with Robots, good grief. And honestly, I think they are using the Black Ops name to try new things that they would not dare 2 risk in the main franchise. Think about it. I am just a little disappointed because b4 Black Ops 1st came out I was so intrigued by the cryptic trailers and messages. It seemed like it would be an epic game. But it turned out not being anything like I thought. Honestly, at what point does the whole pre/post apocalyptic war thing get a little old? I am thinking riiiight aboooouut now.
  • archnite - May 1, 2012 6:41 p.m.

Out of The Terminator Quadrilogy you picked T3 as being the awful one?
  • bebl09 - May 1, 2012 6:33 p.m.

I guess it looks kinda cool, although their engine is really showing its age, this looks like a game from 2008 at best, not one that will be coming out nearly in 2013. With the amount of money they make off each game you'd think they could make a modern engine.
  • Pwnz0r3d - May 1, 2012 6:17 p.m.

It looks a LOT like the Terminator. While it isn't Skynet gaining sentience, it's hostiles corrupting AI's declaring war in Los Angeles. Also, HOW THE FUCK IS WOODS STILL ALIVE. I can't get over that.
  • noneedlesjustshots - May 2, 2012 4:59 a.m.

The same reason Reznov looked the same in the 40s and the 70s: convenience.
  • InsomniacGamer - May 1, 2012 6:13 p.m.

it sounds like there's a reaper in the background
  • omnilion - May 1, 2012 6:11 p.m.

Indeed this looks very little like anything one'd expect CoD to look. Nothing too interesting though, more interested in GR:FS. But I'm guessing, having not played BlOps, that the old man in the trailer is someone from the first game.
  • ultimatepunchrod - May 1, 2012 6 p.m.

That looks waaaaaaaaay more interesting than a game called Call of Duty should. This could be the shot in the arm/fresh coat of paint the series needed. It probably won't play much differently, but it looks like you'll be doing cooler stuff.
  • OHMYGODIMONFIRE - May 1, 2012 6:21 p.m.

I know, right? I'm kind of baffled.
  • Marteo Broter - May 1, 2012 5:43 p.m.

People asked for change, I guess this is a start.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - May 1, 2012 7:04 p.m.

No, there will be no change. Did you see the horses? Those are just snowmobiles and motorcycles. The futuristic jets? Chopper gunners. It may look different, but mark my words, it will play just the same. I mean, how many explosions were in that trailer? And the only reason they're going into the future is because they've run out of other ideas, and Activision has a gun to Treyarch's head.
  • obviouslyadouche - May 1, 2012 5:41 p.m.

What?!!?!!? A new cod whuda thunk it