Topics

Game Club

• shadowless92 - July 27, 2012 12:18 p.m.

i am so with this idea how about making maybe a ventrilo server? or something like that where we can chat about the games!!! and i too got this in the sale for like 2 quid but i got it when it came out and loved it cant wait 7000 years for the sequel
  • GR HollanderCooper - July 27, 2012 12:27 p.m.

Hm. Interesting idea.
  • Person5 - July 27, 2012 12:43 p.m.

I like the idea of a chatroom more than a podcast and comments, because that way it really is more of a roundtable discussion then what seems to be the current model.
  • GR HollanderCooper - July 27, 2012 12:46 p.m.

We can do both!
  • db1331 - July 27, 2012 12:10 p.m.

This is a really cool idea. It actually reminded me the I just bought this in the Steam Summer Sale for like $2.50, but I haven't even installed it yet. I will now though.
  • Flagg - July 27, 2012 12:05 p.m.

I like the idea! There needs to be more gaming book clubs without books on the Internet IMO. I think more editor-to-reader interaction, other than just the comment section, would be an improvement. A chat room sounds like it'd be great! Maybe those playing along can send in thoughts/reactions to the podcast and have the editors respond to them? Not sure how long you're going to make each episode but one or two reader reactions shouldn't be too bad. Other than that, I'm sure there's other stuff to do. I've never played Beyond Good and Evil, but this sounds like an excellent way to give it a try!
  • wittynickname - July 27, 2012 11:47 a.m.

I admire your restraint in not starting with Okami right out of the gate. Next month, then?
  • GR HollanderCooper - July 27, 2012 11:48 a.m.

We'll see! We have a few games in mind, but we might wait until Okami gets an inevitable XBLA re-release, too, so more people can get to it. We also want short(er) games, but we'll see how it goes.
  • Darkhawk - July 27, 2012 11:38 a.m.

Sounds like FAP, Looks like FAP... isn't FAP? I, for one, would prefer you stick to doing 30 min - 1 hr. playthroughs of random games, rather than play through whole games at a time.
  • GR HollanderCooper - July 27, 2012 11:46 a.m.

We'll have played through the game before recording, and the video won't be a playthrough - it'll be us talking about that section of the game.
  • Darkhawk - July 27, 2012 1:21 p.m.

Any chance of getting some proper FAPs up and running again? Particularly anything featuring obscure titles from Virtual Console, PSN, XBLA. GRdom is missing its FAPs!