Topics

Game Club

• Nap1400 - July 27, 2012 3:31 p.m.

So this is basically a bunch of Let's Plays. I can get behind that. This is going to sound weird, but do you think you could also do something like this for multiplayer games? And possibly allow us to join? I'd like that, but if you guys are going single-player only, then I can live with it. Even so, I'd still like playthroughs of each story mode for Skullgirls at some point. It deserves more love.
  • GR_SophiaTong - July 27, 2012 4:22 p.m.

We want to start doing community game nights so you guys can play with us. That's in the works!
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - July 27, 2012 3:20 p.m.

Great idea. Gives me an excuse to actually play the game. I've never touched it but obviously heard all the praise for it.
  • Zeedar - July 27, 2012 2:35 p.m.

I'm so in! An excellent idea for something we can do together as a community.
  • sirdilznik - July 27, 2012 1:28 p.m.

You folks certainly picked a fantastic game to start off with. I have been meaning to play it again so I'll see if I can synchronize my Swatch, so to say.
  • Plaim - July 27, 2012 1:22 p.m.

Really great idea, chaps. I did actually play this back in the day, so it'll be cool to revisit it after so many aeons. I was quite young then, so my main memory is "Guhuhuh, look at the funny pig-man". It'll be interesting to see how the game in general holds up for everyone.
  • comaqi - July 27, 2012 1:01 p.m.

I love this idea! You guys have my total support. You should do Psychonauts some time!
  • kicking222 - July 27, 2012 2:28 p.m.

My immediate thought was, "If 'Psychonauts' isn't Game Clubbed by the end of the year, somebody messed up."
  • Ultima - July 29, 2012 10:34 a.m.

yessssss, I second, third and fourth that notion
  • steven-cassell - July 27, 2012 12:55 p.m.

This looks sick, It'll be the motivation I need to finish this game.
  • rainn'sgaydar - July 27, 2012 12:44 p.m.

Not that you needed my approval, but you have it. Also, I needed some motivation to keep playing this. Now I do!
  • GR HollanderCooper - July 27, 2012 12:45 p.m.

We appreciate your approval. Hopefully you'll join in the weekly discussions.
  • Person5 - July 27, 2012 12:40 p.m.

This sounds like an awesome idea, hopefully this will get me through some backlogs I have of games.
  • StrayGator - July 27, 2012 12:29 p.m.

A most welcome initiative! Personally I left the game few months ago in the middle of the slaughterhouse - It's just too complicated, and I got spoiled by this-gen hand holding practices. This is just what I need to get back on track. As for Okami: It's a 60+ hour game, might require 2 months. also: Please do Lair.
  • GR HollanderCooper - July 27, 2012 12:31 p.m.

That's the main issue with Okami. We want to keep it to one month per game, for now. We have a few ideas.
  • awinnerisjew - July 27, 2012 12:44 p.m.

Okami play through, section 1: Play until you reach the end of the introduction.
  • ericthesmith - July 27, 2012 12:27 p.m.

I'm so in. I've had this on XBLA for months and haven't got around to finishing it. I love this idea.
  • Jorman - July 27, 2012 12:26 p.m.

My personal best game ever! Hopefully it will get some deserved attention due to your project here! But BG&E is very short, wonder how many episodes will it take for a longer game next time, hmm...
  • Twinkling82 - July 27, 2012 12:21 p.m.

I'd really love to join in on the fun and get this game out of my way. Will you guys focus on achievements/trophies as well or just plow through it?
  • shadowless92 - July 27, 2012 12:21 p.m.

can we stick to games released on all platforms though? that way nobody is left out
  • GR HollanderCooper - July 27, 2012 12:28 p.m.

That's the hope, but we might end up veering a little away at times. We'll try not to have straight-up exclusives, though.