• Scammeleon - August 16, 2012 2:50 p.m.

I can't help but feel Sonic Advance should be on here somewhere...
  • El Dango - August 16, 2012 2:20 p.m.

Damn right Sonic 2 is the best one! Heroes is complete garbage though, but seeing as there's only like four good Sonic games (this top four to be specific), I guess it's impossible to not let some rotten apples on here.
  • IceBlueKirby - August 16, 2012 1:28 p.m.

I have to agree that the re-release of Sonic CD is the definitive version...I got a bit nostalgic a while back and, seeing as I had a Sega CD and only one game to play on it, I ordered a copy of Sonic CD. It was so choppy I could barely believe that Sonic was the fastest thing alive...but the re-release fixes that quite easily. But, as with this list, Sonic 2 is and always will be my favorite Sonic game, followed closely by Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Or maybe Sonic 2 & Knuckles...or just plain Sonic & Knuckles...you know, let's just say my second favorite is "& Knuckles."
  • ultimatepunchrod - August 16, 2012 12:57 p.m.

I thought Sonic Adventure 2 was more enjoyable (except the Knuckles and Rouge stages). SA2 nailed the Sonic and Shadow stages and the rest were passable until you got back to Sonic/Shadow. I still like SA 1, but I thought 2 was a tad better.
  • shawksta - August 16, 2012 12:44 p.m.

Surprised Colors isn't in this list. Im on a bench, I liked Sonic Adventure and I never really understood what makes 2 a much better game (it's coming soon to XBLA so I'll see then) Both Mario and Sonic are awesome, hopefully we'll see a nice crossover besides the Olympics. It's gonna be hard to make a gameplay mechanic that can make them balanced but we can dream :P
  • Cyberninja - August 16, 2012 12:44 p.m.

I mostly agree with this list Sonic Adventure was the best 3D sonic before Generations came along (with the exception of big hes the reason it wasn't the best game ever). also move rush before heroes and then replace heroes with colors.
  • Fuzunga - August 16, 2012 12:27 p.m.

Sonic Adventure was terrible. Should be Sonic Adventure 2 in there instead. Can't believe it's not on the list.
  • Redeater - August 16, 2012 12:58 p.m.

I thought the same thing! It improved almost everything that was wrong with SA1 even if it was still flawed.
  • Fuzunga - August 16, 2012 6:05 p.m.

I personally hated the open world thing and the game was buggy as hell.