• ThatGamerDude - October 29, 2013 2:34 p.m.

For me (Being such a huge Sonic fan), my Top 10 Sonic Games list would look something like this: 1. Sonic 2 2. Sonic Advance 2 3. Sonic CD 4. Sonic 3 & Knuckles 5. Sonic Generations 6. Sonic Adventure 2 7. Sonic Heroes 8. Sonic Pinball Party 9. Sonic the Hedgehog 10. Sonic Rush Besides Sonic 2, my other picks don't exactly go in this order and I know some people would disagree with some of my picks.
  • EAC73 - October 29, 2013 2:34 p.m.

I would like to point out Sonic R was not on Dreamcast, but Saturn. Other than that, I think the list is pretty solid, but I do believe Generations should be a little higher.
  • Cloudiology - October 30, 2013 1:15 a.m.

RIGHT!?!? i'm shocked that this glaringly obvious mistake wasn't instantly corrected by justin! it was also released on the pc but we can ignore that disaster..
  • antiAntag0nist - October 29, 2013 1:46 p.m.

This is a fine ranking. Sonic 2 is #1, I definitely agree with that. I take issue with one placement though: Sonic Adventure 1. Having recently played SA 1 for the first time in years, that game does not hold up particularly well. I think Sonic Colors should have had SA 1's spot, that's just my opinion.
  • cael-nocturne - August 29, 2012 2:28 p.m.

Sonic Generations at 7th place? C'mon guys. I'm glad it placed, but I was a little disappointed to find out that Sonic Adventure 2, my personal favorite, didn't make it on this list while Heroes or the Gamegear Sonic did. Though that's just me, seeing as I spent all my hours on that game coughchaogardencough. Regardless, it had a nice story, nice level design (and dat ranking system), and has the voices we all remember (David Humphrey as Shadow ;_;7). While I still think Generations /should've/ placed higher on the list, I think Sonic Adventure 2 (and its not just me thinking it) should've been on here, hands down. Top 10, top 5, whatever man, its gotta be here.
  • YoruAzeniaSIC - August 28, 2012 9:52 a.m.

Honestly my list would go 1.Sonic Generations 2. Sonic Adventure 2 3. Sonic Adventure 4. Sonic Unleashed 5. Sonic 2 6. Sonic Colors 7.Sonic and the Secret Rings 8. Sonic CD 9. Sonic Rush 10. Sonic Heroes
  • Rowdie - August 21, 2012 1:24 p.m.

Great list. Usually there's always one item in these articles that I feel is a plant. Not this time. So aside from the fact Sonic CD is clearly the best sonic ever, I say great list. Also, I actually liked sonic R and and rather surprised that didn't make the list as the item to irritate readers.
  • EZE2K14 - August 19, 2012 6:52 a.m.

Where is Sonic Colors? Why is Sonic CD so high on the list? Why isn't Sonic 3 & Knuckles number 1? Why is Sonic Heroes on this list at all? Where is Sonic Colors?! Was that game just ignored by GamesRadar? If I recall, most critics called it the first great Sonic game since the classics! So where is it?
  • suicidali - August 18, 2012 11:18 a.m.

Personally I would've put Sonic Advance 3 and Sonic Colours over the Neo Geo and Game Gear games... But that's just me.
  • Ishtom - August 18, 2012 7:02 a.m.

From all the sonic games I've played I'd put them like this; 1. Sonic 2 2. Sonic Generations 3. Sonic 3 & Knuckles 4. Sonic Advance 2 5. Sonic Unleashed (day stages only) 6. Sonic the Hedgehog (genesis) 7. Sonic Riders zero G 8. Sonic Riders (original) 9. Sonic Adventure 2 10. Sonic Heroes As a side note, Sonic games are based upon one underlying (but often ignored) factor. Basically, Sonic was born to race (and win obviously) and his level design should reflect that, instead we get were-hogs, swords, ect. I believe Sonic team should go back to it's roots, but not gameplay wise. Sonic (from genesis to dreamcast) had a story it was trying to tell, only to have the entire thing fall away into cheap gimmicks and half baked "city hubs". They should use the "Unleashed day stage" engine and go back over sonic's history, start over like loosers in a video game. "Continue?"
  • Nikku7 - August 18, 2012 2:47 a.m.

I personally like Sonic CD was the best. The level design seemed to take what was started in Sonic 2 and just make it that much better. For as good and inventive as boss fights were in Sonic 2, Sonic CD just took so many more risks with them, and I feel like ultimately it payed off. And seriously? Sonic Adventure 2, people? I mean it was ok, don't get me wrong, but the best? Am I the only one who remembers the lame ass robotnik/tails missions in which you trudged along in a robot and shot guided missiles at enemies? Those were terrible. The best part of the entire game was the first level. And on a different note, I actually agree with Sonic Heros. The team system gave it more depth and the gameplay was actually pretty tight for the most part. I actually enjoyed that one more than most 3D sonic games.
  • kieran-luke-tolson - August 17, 2012 5:14 p.m.

Well in my opinion, i thought Sonic Unleashed was absolutely mind-blowing and by far the best? apart from themedals everything about the game was incredible :)And sonic heroes SHOULD NOT be 9th......... what the hell man that game was crazy!
  • SONICFAN11LUV - August 17, 2012 2:03 p.m.

I really think Sonic Adventure 2 was the best. That was the introduction of Shadow, one of the more popular Sonic characters(I saw on a website somewhere Shadow was the 25th favorite video game character of all time). In the storyline, Eggman had a gun up to Amy, then almost killed Sonic! Uhhh, what's not to be excited about? Wasn't this the game with the big truck chasing him, too? Just a thought. Why wasn't SA2 up there?
  • jacob-sutcliffe - August 17, 2012 8:01 p.m.

i totally agree SA2 was the best sonic game by far.. was disappointed it didnt make the cut.
  • slimjim441 - August 17, 2012 1:08 p.m.

Stop whining about Adventure 2. That game was awful whether you believe it or not.
  • jack-roletter - August 17, 2012 1:43 p.m.

Well, obviously not if your're the only one who says so. I can guarantee you that Sonic Adventure 2 is the most Fan Backed Sonic game out there to date. I can see why it wasn't up there, it didn't have any dramatic impacting innovations. It was simply an upgrade from a good game that had all the same gameplay, but took out all of the pointless bits such as the world, Fishing, and a hard to understand story. It even had a multiplayer function that was actually fun to play and wasn't completely one-sided in terms of competition. Also, if you were a fan of it, the chao garden was easily twice as large in terms of what you could do with your chao. And that is why Sonic Adventure 2 is superior to Adventure 1. Are you happy that there is actually a reason why?
  • slimjim441 - August 17, 2012 2:17 p.m.

I never said it wasn't as good as Adventure 1. I hate them both; 1 was worse; neither was good.
  • SonicTheBlueBlur2 - August 2, 2013 7:48 a.m.

Hating Sonic Adventure (1 or 2) is like hating Sonic 3 & Knuckles. You're a dumbass, and you should stop playing Sonic games and go hang yourself. Also, delete your GamesRadar account so people don't have to suffer any more of your ill-informed comments.
  • slimjim441 - August 2, 2013 8:27 a.m.

a) Don't tell me how to live my life. b) A hatred for Sonic adventure equating to a hatred of Sonic 3 is about as sensical as saying 'Hating Mario 2 is like hating Super Mario World.' False. The games have nothing in common save the namesake and characters, the former being a pile of feces so poor an excuse for a Mario title, it wasn't even a Mario game in Japan, and the latter being a legitimate Mario game. Same goes for Sonic 3 v Adventure. c) This was from over a year ago. why are you even still commenting here? d) Seriously, the Sonic Adventure games really aren't that good. Why do people get so butthurt about it?
  • Alienrun - January 16, 2014 8:31 p.m.

hey um why exacly do you hate sonic adventure 1 & 2? its not that I dont agree with you Im just REALLY CURIOUS as to why! I havent played them either, everyone keeps telling me "adventure 2 is the best" but Im a bit dubios about that. Anyways please respond! P.S. ROCKMAN IS AWSOME/EPIC!!!! NICE PIC! :)