• BMF_1985 - October 15, 2014 10:44 a.m.

I know that when you make a list like this for a console with as many quality titles as the PS2 had, you will ultimately have some ppl upset at the placement or that their fav game didn't make the cut.. a list like this can never be definitive...but HOW THE HELL CAN YOU NOT INCLUDE GTA3?? that is absolutely criminal...GTA3 is the most groundbreaking game of all time and absolutely revolutionised the industry....i had to create an account just to add my 2 cents... im not someone piping up and wondering why phsychonauts isn't number 33 or something ridiculous like that.. im wondering why GTA3, the most groundbreaking game of all time is not even on the list??
  • B.J. - August 4, 2014 6:25 a.m.

You misspelled 'Wild Arms 3'. 'Shadow of the Colossus' isn't even close. (Not to mention you even misspelled your misspelling!)
  • john-zongo - August 3, 2014 10:34 a.m.

No Freedom Fighters, Psi-Ops, The Suffering, or Madden? Those were favorites of mine not listed here. Glad San Andreas, God of War II, Socom II, and Gran Turismo were on there at least.
  • tyler-valdez - August 3, 2014 8:37 a.m.

Abe's Odyssey was one of my all time favorites. Although, that may have been a PS1 game, but I know you could play it on PS2.
  • haydenholm - August 3, 2014 6:39 a.m.

what a joke, no gauntlet dark legacy, dark alliance, star wars battlefront 2, nfl street and ssx tricky is in the bottom half of this list wtf.
  • Lukethanuke - July 8, 2014 6:06 p.m.

LOVE the list. My personal top 10: 10. Madden 04 9. Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly 8. Jak 3 7. Burnout 3: Takedown 6. Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex 5. Medal of Honor: Rising Sun 4. Star Wars Battlefront 2 3. Dynasty Warriors 5 2. Kingdom Hearts 2 1. Shadow of Rome I missed Shadow of the Collosus and Ico so I literally just ordered the remastered pack Shadow of Rome is one of the most underrated games of ALL TIME I loved the combo of stealth missions and gladiator fights and the story was great I put more hours into Dynasty Warriors 5 with my cousin than any game including Halo 3 when we were all playing that friday nights in the first 2 years of high school
  • diegoo-moroo - June 25, 2014 1:18 a.m.

Legacy Of Kain, Tourist Trophy, MGS sons of liberty.
  • tyler091 - June 24, 2014 12:54 a.m.

Star wars battlefront? maybe ff12
  • Silverwolfclaw - June 20, 2014 8:44 a.m.

Hold on, the original Midnight Club 3 WAS DUB Edition; the updated one was DUB Edition: REMIX!
  • KazuyaMishima - April 26, 2014 1:14 a.m.

Where the fuck is TEKKEN 5? It should be in top 5, or even top 3!
  • dannye812 - April 15, 2014 7:03 p.m.

Can someone please help me? I keep trying to see these lists but they won't show up on my computer. It has all the best ps2 of all time or whatever but that is all. I cant actually see the article. Dannye812@insightbb.com
  • Aruri_Azumi - April 7, 2014 7:15 p.m.

I never seen in anyone reviews about best PS 2 games Another Century Episode 3, that game really beautiful unlike Dinasty Warrior Gundam 2. Well Another Century Episode 3 is in JAP language but still you will never regret playing it. And Suikoden 5?Well Suikoden series is underrated in PS 2 except Suikoden 5. And I see anyone never like Monster Rancher XD Monster Rancher 4 or 5 EVO is really good too.
  • alex-feliciano - March 28, 2014 9:36 a.m.

WHERE IS STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II !!!!!!!!!
  • Breakdown45 - March 22, 2014 3:21 p.m.

Im glad that a SOCOM made it in. I think that Socom 3:U.S. Navy Seals should have been included though.
  • Relayer71 - March 7, 2014 6:09 p.m.

Greatest console of all time.
  • Galaxy010 - March 6, 2014 9:34 p.m.

Okami is the best game of all time. Its one of those few titles that I consistently go back and replay and still love every second of it.
  • TiberiusJonez - July 27, 2014 7:10 p.m.

Okami is one of my favorite games as well. Beautiful art style and unique and creative gameplay mechanics make it a classic. For those who've never tried it, you owe it to yourself to check it out.
  • TurkeyOnRye - March 5, 2014 6:09 p.m.

No love for Def Jam: Fight for NY? I thought that was a fantastic game! And it was pretty much universally acclaimed, right?
  • sephex - March 5, 2014 6:51 a.m.

I would rank Black WAAAY ahead of this (probably around the 20s) and it's not too high. It was the only remarkable FPS on the PS2. And I still think you gice too much credit for FFX, PErsona 4 is better.
  • universaltofu - March 4, 2014 8:33 p.m.

Shadow of the Colossus stunned me the first time I saw it at a friends house, then when I got to play it and go to stab town on the third colossi's face, well at that point it was top ten forever.