Topics

best of PS Vita

• unixtreme - August 20, 2012 4:28 a.m.

To be honest, Gravity Rush is the only PSV title worth buying, all the others are either remaked garbage or burned out franchises. Takes only a couple of days to get the Platinum trophy on Gravity Rush (as a first playthrough) so you don't have that much playtime compared to the price (I always rate games this way, 1.- if it's good 2.- hours of fun compared to the price). So, don't get a PS Vita yet if you haven't, you'll get it cheaper later on (and probably Gravity Rush will be cheaper too). Sony needs to wake up and stop selling the same garbage in every system, people bought FFVII (just an example) on PSX, some on PSP too, it's been made for PC (re-released with some trashy features now) and soon they will try to sell it on PS Vita again. Anyways it's probably the people's fault for being so retarded to buy the same game 4 times.
  • Bart0ne - January 22, 2013 12:58 p.m.

agreed Gravity Rush is definitely worth buying
  • Malintendog - June 14, 2012 4:43 a.m.

D'aww, I'm a little bit disappointed, I was hoping to find at least three games that caught my interest, but on that list the only one that really stood out to me was Gravity Rush. Rayman: Origins is a great game too, but I already have it on another platform. The fact that it can play that Uncharted game is impressive on its own, but the Uncharted series just don't interest me. Gravity Rush looks like a phenomenal game, and I really want to support the creators through buying it, but I just can't justify buying the system just to play that one title. I'll hope for the best for the Vita, get at her game developers!
  • robotdickens - June 12, 2012 2:55 p.m.

If this was a top 20 list, you would have shown all the Vita games. I'm kind of joking, but seriously Sony, why aren't there more games on this?
  • Tjwoods18 - June 12, 2012 1:39 p.m.

Agreed! Chase in my opinion was a better, more rounded character then elana ever was.
  • laurenhiya21 - June 12, 2012 12:49 p.m.

And this is why I'm not interested in buying a Vita anytime soon :D I would much rather buy a PSP or even a 3DS, since both have way more games that I'm interested in >< Like the Uncharted series looks alright... but I'm certainly not going to buy a Vita just for one game that I'm not confident about enjoying
  • LordGremlin - June 12, 2012 5:38 a.m.

I have a Vita and some of those games are garbage. As a buyer advice this is horrible.
  • Imgema - June 12, 2012 5:14 a.m.

....You mean the only 10 titles right? Meanwhile, most games are just scaled down entries/sequels of PS3 games. Like Wipeout 2048 that runs at 30fps. Fail.
  • GeedAwesome - June 12, 2012 4:17 a.m.

Gravity Rush? The game that's been getting mediocre reviews? Allrighty.
  • Cyberninja - June 12, 2012 9:31 a.m.

dude it only has 3 reviews less than an 8 and thats the same number of perfect reviews it has how is it mediocre
  • marioman50 - June 12, 2012 1:50 p.m.

According to Metacritic, Gravity Rush has 32 positive reviews, and 2 mixed reviews. The game looks pretty cool from the gameplay footage I've seen.
  • Darkmessiah24 - June 11, 2012 5:59 p.m.

Where's Mortal Kombat?! I want Gravity Rush.
  • Tjwoods18 - June 11, 2012 5:47 p.m.

Not even Disgaea 4?
  • dragoshi1 - June 11, 2012 8:05 p.m.

You mean Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention! And I agree, that should have been on the list. A hilarious story and characters, a deep battle system, and the sheer infinite hours you can spend cruising through item world, class world, reincarnating characters and leveling them all to the cap, which is Lv9999 can keep anyone busy for...well, forever! This iteration is obviously the Ps3 version, but I prefer this over that one any day. Heck, I prefer it over Disgaea 4!
  • Tjwoods18 - June 12, 2012 1:38 p.m.

MMM? I really thought that it was Disgaea 4. Nonetheless, it was a good ps vita game but I guess not good enough to GR's standards. '
  • Shadow Of Death - October 25, 2012 12:39 p.m.

Yes, I was disappointed in not seeing D3 on this list. It's a very solid launch title for the system, and certainly the biggest time suck of the lot XD Thank you, someone else who prefers Disgaea 3 over D4. I just didn't much care for the maps in D4. It was endless Geo Puzzles pretty much. Not even challenging Geo Puzzles, tedious ones. So far, D4 is the first Disgaea I haven't even finished the main story of (and considering I've put rough 200+ hours into each other Disgaea title, that's just sad). I'll finish it eventually though.
  • Tjwoods18 - June 11, 2012 5:46 p.m.

I can't believe resistance did not even penitrate the top ten. I loved its story but the gameplay was so-so.
  • Imgema - June 12, 2012 5:16 a.m.

Maybe because gameplay is more important in video games.
  • Redeater - June 11, 2012 5:34 p.m.

When your best of list contains "Hot Shots Golf" and "Virtual Tennis" you know you are in trouble. I'm not saying these are bad games but I am saying that this list isn't going to make your average COD fan want a Vita anytime soon. For me this system went from must have to wait and see pretty damned fast. With Bioshock nowhere in sight it has become even less of a priority.
  • MasterBhater - June 11, 2012 5:37 p.m.

Honestly this list is very poor. Those two games could have been replaced by Mortal Kombat, FIFA Soccer, Unit 13, Resistance: Burning Skies, or the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
  • Cyberninja - June 11, 2012 5:14 p.m.

This list is still pretty sad and Blazblue really should replace UMVC3 since it has alot more content and is a deeper fighter.