• stone-skull - March 31, 2013 7:10 a.m.

one great adventure game that doesn't get mentioned much is The Feeble Files. great humor and great puzzles. really recommended from this comedy adventure fan
  • ramirez6666 - February 1, 2013 10:57 a.m.

Great list! "The Longest Journey" in particular is one of my all-time faves. A couple other games that deserve mention are "The Dig" and "The Last Express." I'm sure most point-and-click adventure fans have played them, but those who have not owe it to themselves to check 'em out. You can get the former on Steam and the latter on GOG.
  • iamquitting - April 16, 2012 8:40 a.m.

Surely Syberia 1 and 2 deserve a mention, even if they shouldn't make the top 7...
  • CitizenWolfie - April 12, 2012 1:51 a.m.

I honestly don't know how you managed to pick just one Monkey Island game. Broken Sword ranks among my top five games of all time and I really must try to get hold of Grim Fandango. I hope these sort of games will continue to be made and good luck to the devs trying to raise the cash to get them made.
  • santaclouse37 - April 11, 2012 4:03 p.m.

"and Max, the hyperkinect rabbit"
  • Groocifer - April 11, 2012 3:31 p.m.

I loved the first two Monkey Island games, but I preferred the second one. Couldn't get on with the HD remakes, they just didn't feel right with those horrible redrawn graphics. The first two Discworld games kept me playing for a long time, the voice acting was particularly good, and well cast; I never played Discworld Noir, as my PC at the time wouldn't run it! I'd also like to give an honourable mention to Zak McKraken and the Alien Mindbenders, if only for the name and for putting eggs in microwaves.
  • The_Boz - April 11, 2012 6:20 a.m.

You can actually download a lot of these games for free now through abandonware sites. Many old PC games are now free to download and play. If not, you can still see full play throughs on youtube if you miss them that much.
  • The_Boz - April 11, 2012 6:17 a.m.

My favourite game type ever. When I got my PC, these games were doing the rounds, before that I was envious of my Amiga/PC owning friends. Whenever one of these games came down to a fiver, I just had to buy it. Here are a couple of my favourites which should be worth a mention. Beneath a steel sky, Innocent until caught, Discworld, Simon the Sorcerer, Blade Runner and Sanitarium were up there for me. Some of the puzzles were daft, but the characters were probably the best ones ever in video gaming.
  • TurkeyOnRye - April 11, 2012 6:10 a.m.

Awesome list that brings back so many memories... I do think Gabriel Knight should've been number one. Man that game brought out so many emotions and I so didn't want it to ever end. It's honestly my favorite game of all time. Here's hoping Jane Jensen is kickstarting either another sequel or a remake... or at least one is in the pipeline. Also, I don't know where... but Discworld would have totally been at home on that list somewhere. And am I the only one who didn't hate Phantasmagoria? I still love the opening theme...
  • Cruddi - April 11, 2012 4:08 a.m.

Full Throttle, although it was a point and click it was not a typical point and click, rather than select and item and rub it agaisnt something you could also punch or kick certain items to progress. Also there was the road rash style bike fights with weapons, one of which was a puzzle that required a certain weapon to progress some fantastic voice acting and solid characters made this my best point and click of all time.
  • KidKatana - April 11, 2012 9:35 a.m.

Agreed! Good to see there's still love for that game, fingers crossed for a remake...hell, I'd take a remake/rerelease of pretty much any game on this list.
  • AuthorityFigure - April 11, 2012 1:01 a.m.

I enjoyed 'Countdown'. It was very creepy, an escaping an asylum as difficult as it should be.
  • IceBlueKirby - April 10, 2012 9:21 p.m.

The only point and click game I've played and beaten is Loom, so I guess that kinda makes it my favorite. I've also played a bit of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, which is fun, and The Dig, which I haven't played long enough to tell if it's going to get interesting at some point. There are several p&c games I've been meaning to try out (the Monkey Island games chief among them) but I always end up getting sidetracked by something else. One day I'm just going to have to go on a Steam shopping spree and download a handful of them.
  • pin316 - April 10, 2012 7:56 p.m.

Love the article and the list, Only gripe with included is that I reckon Monkey Island II was superior to the first one...playing on my Amiga 500 I remember fondly the moment of, after finishing the first one and marvelling at the fact it came on 4 720k floppy disks, finding out that the second one came on 12! As for a few others that deserve a mention; - Beneath a Steel Sky - Discworld II - Discworld Noir - Douglas Adams' Starship Titanic
  • SirDinkleman - April 10, 2012 6:27 p.m.

The Neverhood is my favorite game of all time. I think it's the most underrated one too because it came out when everyone was into rpg's. If you get a chance, I urge everyone to try out a copy of it. You won't be disappointed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Neverhood
  • Fhiend - April 10, 2012 5:57 p.m.

Loom was a good one and even though it isn't really a point and click, I would add Snatcher. It kind of is a point and click but not really. Still awesome.
  • Liqvid - April 10, 2012 5:04 p.m.

Grim Fandango is my favorite game of all time. I'd love to see a Kickstart project for a HD remake...
  • winner2 - April 10, 2012 4:17 p.m.

Stupid Invaders
  • LSZ - April 10, 2012 3:44 p.m.

Blade Runner for the PC. This was a very good game. It had its own story running at the same time as the movie but it still gave you the same amazing atmosphere. It was the 90's version of LA Noire since you got to use the Voight-Kampff on suspects and you could analyze crime scene photos as well. It was one of the more involving stories I've experienced in a video game.