Topics

Best

We Recommend

• DopeCityNinja - July 22, 2012 6:02 a.m.

Something from the Tales series deserves to be on this list.
  • Telekinesis - July 22, 2012 5:02 a.m.

12 pages ...please GR don't go down this road just for page views. Also the javascript is broken with scriptblock enabled, but it's not in block mode just security mode so noting responds when clicked on. And another thing, you really think it;s necessary to have me and other users type in the long ass security captcha each comment ...my account is from 2007, like come on, little overkill you think?
  • Telekinesis - July 22, 2012 5:05 a.m.

Oh yeah and 17 web trackers on this one page.
  • Eliath - July 21, 2012 5:55 p.m.

Had I not read the initial slide that said the list is focused on turn-based RPGs, I would have to nerd rage on you for not including Tales of Symphonia and especially Secret of Mana. Since I did read the first slide, I will instead turn on fellow commentors demeaning the author for not including Tales games. Shame on you all.
  • zombi3grim - July 21, 2012 3:55 p.m.

Final Fantasy VII. I know, I know "Dat gamez SOO overRateEd! Its HUGLEY POPULARZ so dat meens I cantz like it cuz ittll looks like I iz not deeep or Intelligents!"
  • vent - July 21, 2012 11:06 a.m.

Star Ocean 2
  • Squander - July 21, 2012 5:33 a.m.

J-Rpgs enjoy a history of more than 25 years, it is impossible to narrow down a top-12 list like this. There is a plethora of games that haven't even been released in Western territories. Plus, what are the criteria for this list: Uniqueness? Quality? Storytelling? Gameplay? Popularity? Sorry GR, I am on the fence with this article, it doesnt raise its head above the mass. I have the feeling you just took some of the most popular games and made this list in a rush: play it safe. This will not satisfy any J-Rpg veterans out there
  • Squander - July 21, 2012 5:55 a.m.

^top-10 list
  • zombi3grim - July 21, 2012 3:47 p.m.

The criteria was being an actual good game. Sorry, but your obscure little JRPG that was never released in the west doesnt count.
  • Sjoeki - July 21, 2012 3:08 a.m.

The FF X remake is only coming out on the vita? I thought it was like the others (metal gear, ratchet & clank, silent hill, and so on) and coming out on the ps3. this kinda sucks a little bit.
  • IronHeaver - July 21, 2012 1:06 a.m.

Chrono Trigger is at the top? Yep this list seems about right. Kinda wish The World Ends With You was on there though. Ah well I can dream ^-^
  • Guardian88 - July 21, 2012 12:25 a.m.

What about Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, The World Ends With You, Kingdom Hearts, Golden Sun, Tales of Symphonia? Talk about a bulls*** list.
  • forestfire55 - July 20, 2012 8:09 p.m.

I could be wrong, but isnt that picture of "final fantasy IV" realy III?
  • forestfire55 - July 20, 2012 8:10 p.m.

I mean IV
  • forestfire55 - July 20, 2012 8:12 p.m.

Fucking A, i mean VI. Just ignore all of this
  • Scoob - July 21, 2012 3:53 p.m.

During the original run of the series, Final Fantasy II, III, and V never got released outside of Japan. Final Fantasy IV was branded Final Fantasy II, and Final Fantasy VI was branded III. On the Wii's VC, FFVI is still called III, while on the PlayStation it's called FFVI. The whole system is a bit of a cluster***k.
  • forestfire55 - July 27, 2012 12:26 p.m.

Thank u, i didnt know it was that fucked up
  • jeremysinton - July 20, 2012 6:07 p.m.

No Tales games....wtf?
  • Crabhand - July 20, 2012 4:25 p.m.

Golden Sun is a pretty cool jrpg, eh uses psynergy and doesnt afraid of anything
  • Snapp1eApp1e - July 20, 2012 2:59 p.m.

Really? none of the tales of series? Symphonia was the best and deserves to be on the list! It makes rpgs fun and action packed with real tie battle systems! The stories are pretty good and there are tons of unlockables. The tales of series deserves to be on the list!