Topics

DS DSi top 10

• D0CCON - March 12, 2012 5:54 p.m.

Now this is why I love my DS (possibly more than any other device I have, 360 is its only competition). If you look at the list of best games on something like the Xbox, you'll likely see a bunch of shooters with a few western RPGs and maybe a music/sports title or two. Now on the DS, the list is full of JRPGs, classic throwbacks, platformers, puzzlers, shooters, and games like Trauma Center or EBA that either defy a category or put a completely original spin on one.
  • GR_HenryGilbert - March 12, 2012 4:40 p.m.

@ChaosEternal We're having some issues with comments right now, working hard to fix. And this is an updated to our old list. Just trying to keep things fresh. I bet we'll update at least one more time once Pokemon Balck and White 2 comes out.
  • ChaosEternal - March 12, 2012 4:35 p.m.

Why isn't CAPTCHA letting me post!? D: (Unless this goes through. In that case ignore this. :P)
  • ChaosEternal - March 12, 2012 4:36 p.m.

Hm, let me post, but didn't let me reply to Bladed. Weird. >_> @Bladed That explains it. I was wondering why Enigma was asking for TWEWY to be added even though it was already there. I figured he had just missed it or it was added later. Then I noticed the 2 month old post date and wondered how that was possible given that this was published today. Then I figured they updated it. So yeah, that was my entire thought process. :3 (How did I miss this this the first time around? Did I see it and ignore it? Did I read and forget it? Am I going to ask a third question? Oh, I guess I just did.)
  • sean-thomas - March 12, 2012 4:33 p.m.

great update, guys!
  • GR HollanderCooper - March 12, 2012 4:32 p.m.

Including Kirby's Canvas Curse means I stand by it completely.
  • BladedFalcon - March 12, 2012 4:28 p.m.

Ah, this updated list is far more like it. Now you're taking account most of the best games of the console, and not just the new ones. Two months late, but still... (Also, i personally prefer Days of Ruin over Dual Strike. But I am aware I'm probably in the minority.)
  • Meleedragon27 - September 15, 2012 11:21 p.m.

Minority or not, I'm also in the crowd that thinks Days of Ruin was better. I always found the gameplay to be a bit more refined (especially when it came to CO powers) and the new/revised units to be more fun to play with than some of the insane stuff Dual Strike had (seriously, some of the dual strikes you could pull off in that game were the stuff of ruined friendships).
  • BladedFalcon - September 16, 2012 6:38 a.m.

Heh, nice to see someone else that knows where I'm coming from! ^^ And yeah, I definitely agree in regards of a more balanced and refined gameplay, the dual strikes were borderline broken in some cases in the previous game, and in this one they actually require you to plan ahead and have your units nearby the area of effect in order to properly work, so they were not the "press a button when the bar is filled to win!" feature they used to be in previous games. And well, I also really liked that they tried something different with the aesthetics and the story, it might have not be prefect, but i did feel it was a nice, frsh approach different from what was getting to be an increasingly ridiculous and bloated cast in the previous ones. That, and the music was fucking sweet. Gage's "proud soldier" Theme is incredibly great, and my personal favorite of a series already filled with several fantastic music themes.
  • Cyberninja - March 12, 2012 4:21 p.m.

ok now that it has been updated I would say its still missing one thing Crono Trigger unless this is a list of ds only games
  • Cyberninja - March 12, 2012 4:23 p.m.

scratch that it was mentioned in FF4 paragraph
  • EnigmaSpirit - January 13, 2012 4:50 p.m.

The World Ends With You deserves the top spot, and yet it isn't even on the list?! This needs fixed.
  • FlamingChaos35 - January 11, 2012 5:02 p.m.

I am very disappointed in the lack of TWEWY or Ace Attorney on this list
  • Cyberninja - January 11, 2012 3:48 p.m.

clearly this is more like a best recent games list because i can name alot of older games that belong at the top of the list like TWEWY