Topics

Best games

• Shigeruken - December 6, 2013 7:43 p.m.

Shin Megami Tensei IV isn't even available for Aus/NZ region consoles :(
  • Swedish_Chef - December 7, 2013 12:43 a.m.

I know that feel bro. <(;_;<)
  • Shigeruken - December 9, 2013 9:53 p.m.

The worst part is they're going to wait so long to bring it over that nobody will care, and then they'll assume there's no market for it. It's lunacy.
  • garciaedwin123 - December 6, 2013 10:19 p.m.

Don't agree with four of the top five
  • freeden - December 6, 2013 10:48 p.m.

I've had every iteration of the Gameboy and Nintendo's handheld, but have held off on the 3DS. I'm actually more interested in the 2DS, as I really don't like 3D. But everytime I walk into Gamestop and think about getting one, I fail to find even five games that make it worthwhile for me. I really have no interest in the games that Nintendo is making itself these days (Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, etc.). Some of the RPG's look interesting, but I have yet to see anything that really makes me want to get one. I wish Konami was still doing Castlevania like they did on the Advance/DS. That series alone was one of the reasons I owned those handhelds.
  • Relayer71 - March 6, 2014 6:25 p.m.

Simple, don't use the 3D feature. No, really. I don't like 3D either, and except to try it out on every game I get, I don't really use it. After a minute or so, I turn the feature off and the game loose nothing for it, they're still great. Don't get me wrong - it does add to some games and the effect looks cool but it's not something I want to stare at for more than a couple of minutes. Fortunately, for the games I do own, the effect is not necessary.
  • Shayz - December 7, 2013 5:28 a.m.

Please make an updated list of the best eShop games (maybe DSi ones included)
  • GameManiac - December 7, 2013 10:04 a.m.

Holy $#@! I own at least 80% of the games on this list, and I agree easily with what is on this list.
  • SixSpeedSamurai - December 7, 2013 6:40 p.m.

Mario Kart 7 is so much fun to play solo or multiplayer. Mario 3D is a great one as well. I have NSBM2 from the list as well and that's it. Some of my favorites would include Castlevania LoS and Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate (crappy map and all).
  • DICEs - December 8, 2013 2:21 p.m.

But what about Theatrhythm Final Fantasy??
  • Nightingale - December 8, 2013 9:01 p.m.

NO SNAKE EATER? It's okay, I know you just forgot it.
  • LittleGreen - February 27, 2014 2:51 p.m.

I actually didn't find KI: Uprising to be that good in my opinion. I held off on MK7 to get MK8, but I do have 3D Land in mind even though I already own 3D World. ALBW was good, but it felt like ALttP 3D to me. Not getting DKC Returns cos I'd rather get the Wii version. I already have MH3U on my Wii U. I'v eplayed the original Cave Story and Cave Story 3D looks like a definite get. Also planning on getting Awakening, New Leaf, LM: Dark Moon, and maybe Dream Team. My little bro has X so I'll get Y cos there isn't more than one profile. OoT 3D was worth it, even if you've played the original. And hell yes, I'm looking forward to SSB4, but mostly for the Wii U version due to graphics, stages, and trophies; but I'll get both
  • Shigeruken - March 4, 2014 11:01 p.m.

Breaking News: Shin Megami Tensei 4 could possibly be coming to Aus/NZ sometime in 2014. It's still uncertain, but perhaps we'll see the game here less than a year after it stopped being relevant! GG Nintendo region lock.
  • shawksta - March 5, 2014 5:06 p.m.

WHERE'S BRAVELY DEFAULT!? DID YOU GUYS EVEN UPDATE THE LIST!? Speaking of which, I havent it, nor did i play Link Between Worlds yet so i have no say, but for me, 2 years have passed and nothing has topped Kid Icarus Uprising as my favorite 3DS game.
  • BladedFalcon - March 5, 2014 7:23 p.m.

Agreed, Bravely Default deserves to be in this list. And doubly agreed on Kid Icarus. Though for me it's a toss up between that one and Fire Emblem: Awakening, which is also fucking awesome, with a ton of content, and well... it doesn't murder my hand when I play it :P (Seriously, KI: Uprising's biggest truly is that stupid control setup, and that you cannot change or modify it, KI could be played just as well the traditional way, and with no pain to your muscles.)
  • shawksta - March 6, 2014 2:07 p.m.

Its controls were definitely very stupid. I guess Sakurai was too cocky into thinking the air control would work on the ground. Thankfully it had customization, but everyone has a different say, for me I stuck with using the Face Buttons as the Camera and I got used to it by the second level. Otherwise KIU was really impressive and well done, I love it so much if only because it shows that if Nintendo really tried, they can make a new IP with a high budget, ESPECIALLY Voice acting, and that's what KIU is if it wasn't for the fact that it was a reboot.
  • supergiraffe - March 5, 2014 6:35 p.m.

I've played a few of these guys and have to agree that they're pretty great. Does anyone know anything about that other Etrian Odyssey?
  • BladedFalcon - March 5, 2014 7:31 p.m.

It's astounding to see how far the system has come from it's release in 2011, to now. And to think this same list first had only 10 titles, including shit like Pokemon: Rumble Blast and Tetris Axis, which were barely acceptable games to begin with. I don't agree with 3D world being the number one spot at all though, really, any of the other 6 games below it are better in my books. 3D World is a pretty good game, but it did NOT revolutionize anything, not the Mario formula, not 3D, nor any of the stuff you claim it did. It was a good platformer, but not even close to the best Mario can offer... And it was ridiculously easy, specially the first half of the game. And sorry, I'll never get over that fucking hand holdy-system that offer you items that play or win the level for you if you suck too much, that's a level of patronizing that no other developer but Nintendo has pulled off, and yet most people seem to overlook or forgive it :/
  • shawksta - March 6, 2014 1:59 p.m.

I liked rumble blast....though I do acknowledge it as a very flawed game but I still like it, if only because of the improvements to the original. Its 3D Land, not World, World is the Wii U's, but its too easy to mistake it so ill give you that. Technically they didn't specifically say that 3D Land revolutionized anything, they said it needed to transition Mario's 3D Platforming into the Handheld well and make it mainstream, which it succeeded in, both performance and sales. It seems these lists are based on sales as well, which is why Mario Kart 7 is 2, and Mario Kart DS is number 1 on the DS list. There are certain standards when a help item can be considered flat out broke, or not helpful at all. It varies and depends on execution. The Power Wing was definitely broken, as it straight up takes you to the goal post. Maybe it was overlooked because because it doesn't stop the game from being enjoyable, who knows. Or maybe it was just too easy that not a lot of people noticed it existed :P
  • J-Fid - March 5, 2014 8:33 p.m.

It doesn't need to be high up, but SSFIV 3DE needs to be on this list.
  • winner2 - March 6, 2014 12:18 p.m.

Well I got FE:A, so gonna play that over the break. There's so many 3DS games I want, like half of these. Also I'm kind of surprised bravely default isn't here, I havn't played it but I thought you guys have been praising it to high heaven lately.