• Lucas - January 9, 2011 4:11 p.m.

@ oneshotfinch: um, I think he was being sarcastic there bro...
  • Gurkogg - January 9, 2011 11:11 a.m.

ME 2 had a fairly standard story that bored me. I never played RDR (is it even out on the PC?) or any of the others except New Vegas. I really, really enjoyed the story in New Vegas.
  • Dredgon - January 8, 2011 2:31 a.m.

How the hell did Mass Effect 2 (GOTY) and Alan Wake (one of the year's best) not get nominated, as they had two of the greatest stories of the year and were just overall phenomenal games?!
  • oneshotfinch - January 7, 2011 11:28 p.m.

I would put the Miles Edgeworth game into the nominees as well. "Yeah Red Dead, Mass Effect 2 and Enslaved didn't have good writing anyway." Brett, it's been cool that you've been so active in the comments recently, but get out.
  • Z-man427 - January 7, 2011 9:57 p.m.

AC:B's story was terribly disappointing. PoP:TFS was decent TFUII was one of the most poorly written stories I have ever seen from a video game. It made everything on this list look like Tolstoy. Who are the idiots who made this list and why didn't they pick ME2 or RDR which were actually good?
  • FriendlyFire - January 7, 2011 9:33 p.m.

Wow, they sure didn't have much to pick from it seems. I mean sure, Brotherhood was pretty good, but best writing of 2010? No way. Not when ME2, Enslaved and RDR are around.
  • oryandymackie - January 7, 2011 9:22 p.m.

Fallout: New Vegas should win for its 'your mum' - or, for the Americans among you, 'your mom' - joke.
  • AlmightyFuzz - January 7, 2011 9:19 p.m.

I've only played New Vegas and Singularity, though I wouldn't have thought of those other games standing out because of their writing. And I believe most reviewers really aren't impressed with the story of Force Unleashed II, so I have no idea what it's doing in this list. Personally I'd give this award to New Vegas, though admittedly there is a fair amount of bias involved :)
  • goochbiscuit - January 7, 2011 9:09 p.m.

AAHHAHAHAHA HAHAHAAA..... HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!! Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II is on that list lolz!
  • TheLefty - January 7, 2011 9:08 p.m.

If I had to give the award to something on the list I'd definitely give it to New Vegas, so I'm hoping they're counting in side quest writing and the like. Still, no Mass Effect 2? What's wrong here?
  • shadowreaper72 - January 7, 2011 8:58 p.m.

What?! Is the WGA ran by a bunch of dumbasses or sumthing?
  • Clovin64 - January 7, 2011 8:56 p.m.

I've played some of these games and I don't think the writing really stood out in any of them. They werent bad, but special? Nah. Its a shame that Red Dead Redemption and Enslaved werent recognized.
  • loonyman978 - January 7, 2011 8:45 p.m.

oh well, at least it didnt have Heavy Rain...
  • NotBraze - January 7, 2011 8:29 p.m.

I understand the benefits of the guild system, but it's always annoyed me how they won't recognize anything outside of their ranks. It's clear that this is the problem here.
  • skeletalbutton - January 7, 2011 8:22 p.m.

@kyle94 Yes, Metro 2033 did come out this year, and I agree, it should have been on that list.
  • Radagast107 - January 7, 2011 8:15 p.m.

Ohh my oh my. All of those are just O.K. except for one. Singularity. I just bought it 2 months ago and loved it. The campaign was sick the gameplay was nice it had a twist that i really was not expecting at the end. *SPOILERS* You are the enomoaly. The good ending was great and just he plot was great overall. I would be happy if it won. But like everyone is saying. Nothing can ever beat the MASS EFFECT series. Cant wait till the new DLC is released. But everything else up there is mediocre.
  • Jrm21 - January 7, 2011 8:13 p.m.

What sort of award show only allows people that are part of their organization and then claims to be all about videogame writing
  • kyle94 - January 7, 2011 8:10 p.m.

Get Prince of Persia, Star Wars, and maybe God of War 3 out of there. (Maybe it's just me, but I always thought that the God of War games were badly written. The main character is more of a one-dimensional cutout than a fully developed character. In the first game he was somewhat understandable and developed at times, but later on he just went into "RAAAAGH! DIE FOR NO REASON!" territory.) And put Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and a third game. I haven't played enslaved so I wouldn't know if it had a good story or not. Oh, maybe Metro 2033! ...did that come out this year or is my memory just extremely bad?
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - January 7, 2011 8:06 p.m.

Yeah Red Dead, Mass Effect 2 and Enslaved didn't have good writing anyway.
  • CapnDuran - January 7, 2011 7:54 p.m.

That's sort of lame =/ We all know ME2 could've won hands down compared to those other titles, seems to me like no one bothered becoming a card carrier and these titles were the only ones available.