• mahabat - August 22, 2010 11:18 p.m.

how dare you dis diddy kong racing that game was awesome! also it seems to me if they followed this list then it would have to be a snes game for you to be happy. retro is great at revolutionizing classics, let them try what they want to and then we will see how it turns out
  • EnragedTortoise1 - August 22, 2010 10:13 p.m.

Damn you Nintendo, my teenage wallet can't take this!
  • Snapp1eApp1e - August 22, 2010 9:14 p.m.

Spot on with the article! I know it wont be as good as the 1t2 games, but it doesn't look bad as a game. I'm very pissed about the absence of the kremlins and the water levels, but if this does well, then nintendo can work on those issues if they create another game! I really think this game will be great and will bring back some great memories of playing the snes games with my brother as a kid! The only problem is..... WHY NO VIRTUAL CONTROLLER?!?!?!?! How am I supposed to land complicated moves like in DKC2 without an snes controller?! get on that guys!!!!
  • Hotdiddykong - August 22, 2010 7:45 p.m.

true, nice reason for the kremlings, I wish they were still there, k.rool was awesome and I consider him the best next to bowser The humor! We need the humor! Cranky you better be here!
  • paperhat7 - August 22, 2010 7:28 p.m.

I wonder if the co-op will work
  • Strangleme - August 22, 2010 7:13 p.m.

i couldn't agree more. This game has a lot to live up to. I really hope it turns out the way it should.
  • n00b - August 22, 2010 6:45 p.m.

hey! are we actually bitching about an absence of water levels? well i'll be damned. anyway, im sure retro will do a good job.
  • DarkTone - August 22, 2010 5:22 p.m.

It's not like there putting all there eggs in one basket with this. As a massive fan of the SNES trilogy I hope they keep it close to them. Hope they use the Wiis atributes.
  • Ruoivas - August 22, 2010 4:30 p.m.

As much as I love the Kremlings and would love to see them in the game, I do like that you predicted the reason for them not being in was to be classy. Also what the fuck, I never knew about the secret room within a secret room in Oil Drum Alley D:
  • jakab11 - August 22, 2010 4:29 p.m.

man that'd be great if they got some music from OCR(overclocked remix) they do some great work and it's all independent, though it would be a stretch, this is nintendo were talking about
  • Arix - August 22, 2010 3:36 p.m.

I'm going to miss the Kremlings for sure, but it definitely was a classy move on Ninty's part. Yes, Metroid Prime was deathly serious, but you can't really go on that. After all, there's a slight leap in style between Donkey Kong and Metroid, dontcha think?
  • Eaxis - August 22, 2010 2:41 p.m.

I am more annoyed by the lousy wii controller you have to play with.
  • Baron164 - August 22, 2010 2:34 p.m.

I'm hoping this game ends up being as good as it looks. I loved the first Donkey Kong County and I liked the sequel, I couldn't stand the characters from DKC3.
  • markshell - August 22, 2010 2:14 p.m.

Oh and forgot to mention. I really hope there's no Diddy Kong Racing characters, setting or feel whatsover. Damn you Rare for that.
  • markshell - August 22, 2010 2:09 p.m.

Damn, you totally nailed on this article. You pointed the exact same fears and hopes I was thinking about the other day. Especially the Rare humour part. Those brits were unparelled on their tongue-in-cheek approach and the Donkey Kong universe they created was amazing and everlasting. I hope Retro Studios can improve on that, but I really have my doubts if the feel will be the same. To me the biggest turnoff was the absence of the Kremlings. Hell, they were as much important as the Kongs in the old times. And no water levels? That's like shooting themselves on the foot! I really wish they can pull it off but I'll have to play and see.
  • BadWobot - August 22, 2010 2 p.m.

It'd be funny if they kept some '90s in the game, like rapping at the end of a stage in DKC2.
  • Hobogonigal - August 22, 2010 1:37 p.m.

Never actually played a Donkey Kong Country game but my mate had it and said it was brilliant. This is definitely going on the 'to buy' list but I'm not sure when I will get round to buying it with all the fantastic new releases coming out. DKC seems like one of those games that had its own unique charm and gameplay. Lets just hope that all of the things in this article are still fun and haven't lost their appeal.
  • Felixthecat - August 22, 2010 1:30 p.m.

Hmm, well, I agree with everything in the article really. I definitely want to see the whole Kong family in the game, and I 100% want to see at least Rambi the Rhino, even though I bet he's almost guaranteed to show up. Besides those essentials though, I just want to see a solid platformer that offers a fair amount of depth. I love Platformers, probably because I grew up playing Mario (and still do) and as long as it matches the great gameplay that the first 2 Donkey Kong Country's offered, then I'll be very happy. I'm sure Retro Studios will do a fantastic job.
  • JohnnyMaverik - August 22, 2010 1:28 p.m.

Looks quite good to me.