Topics

Week of Hate

• Fedexcommando - April 29, 2011 9:50 p.m.

"but the rest of us have spent the past few years be beating a horse that’s far from ‘still alive’ (that was a joke, ha ha...)." Fat chance. Oh God now we're doing the very thing Portal is hated on for.
  • jackthemenace - April 29, 2011 9:49 p.m.

Me? Hate Portal? Fat Chance. (Hahahaha...?)
  • Robusken - April 29, 2011 9:38 p.m.

Somewhat glad you wrote this Tyler. I love portal but I do strongly agree with number 1, sometimes its annoying maan >.>
  • cj12297 - April 29, 2011 9:34 p.m.

The portal 2 single player alone is longer than black ops or any other shooter. And then you also have co-op which is a few extra hours on top of that. Also I would rather have a short brilliant game than just wasting time by playing COD online.
  • RebornKusabi - April 29, 2011 9:28 p.m.

I enjoyed the "game" Portal, but I didn't find it funny (many games are funnier than Portal in my opinion), I didn't like G.L.A.D.O.S. ("she" felt like a SHODAN ripoff to me), and sorry to say but I ended up playing Portal once on The Orange Box and ended up playing Half-Life 2 far more. I'll be waiting to buy the sequel three years from now when the price drops to below $20. Do I disagree with this article? Nope, its your opinion after all. It was actually quite funny to me, like chuckle funny (lol). Do I disagree with your review of Portal 2 and you giving it a 10/10? I haven't played the game... AT ALL, so I have no right to call you names or say your ignorant or payed off (you're a paragon of awesome, you're not dumb and being payed off for a review score is HILARIOUS to me). Refreshing take on a Week of Hate article!
  • reeperskull - April 29, 2011 9:26 p.m.

@PevMaster HOW DARE YOU!! SHES A NICE LADY!!
  • Caio - April 29, 2011 9:16 p.m.

Is item number 2 a reference to Modest Mouse or was that just me? Anyway, great game, great article, and I'm loving the week of hate.
  • TheKennedyCurse - April 29, 2011 9:11 p.m.

@awinnerisjew You know the cost of games differs between countries, right? It might by 60 bucks in the States, but it's 70 in Canada. Way to make an ass of yourself though.
  • D0CCON - April 29, 2011 9:03 p.m.

Oh, and I knew that GR couldn't actually find 5 reasons to hate this game. Sorry for double post
  • D0CCON - April 29, 2011 9:01 p.m.

You do realize Portal 2's single player is actually a good bit longer than most campaigns in big games nowadays. If you happen to dislike competitive MP or find it gets boring after awhile, Portal 2 is a fine deal. Not to mention that the instant I finished it the first time, I jumped back in and played it a second time with commentary on and beat it again. After some time has passed, I'll probably play through it a third time, and a fourth, much like the original Portal. Not to mention the free DLC and the mods that'll be coming. Oh, and tonight I'm going to a LAN party with somebody who has Portal 2. I can't wait to try the coop.
  • PevMaster - April 29, 2011 9 p.m.

These 'reasons' to hate Portal are crap and just basically complement the game. I have Portal and it's a slick and polished puzzler at best but it is HUGELY overrated. I love Valve, its one of my favourite devs, but I prefer the Half-Life games to some game about an ugly girl going after some cake.
  • Clovin64 - April 29, 2011 8:57 p.m.

I don't hate Portal, I can totally understand why people adore it, but I'm not a massive fan of puzzles, so Portal just wasnt the game for me.
  • hatebreeder - April 29, 2011 8:41 p.m.

or like myself, You just don't get what the big deal is.
  • ricochetguro - April 29, 2011 8:40 p.m.

This is a bad hate article. You obviously love the game and think its perfection(like everyone should) so every hate point was a sarcastic one. Hate on series that has notable flaws(in your opinion)
  • ObliqueZombie - April 29, 2011 8:29 p.m.

@ the whole, "best gaem evar" thing, NO GAME in the world is deserving of that praise, simply because ALL games are opinions. Critically, Mass Effect is one of the best franchises of all time, and I agree with that partially! But my friends hate it, only because they don't prefer sci-fi. So yeah, it's ALL opinion. Also, Modest Mouse reference? You guys steal my heard everyday. And the Week of Hate is the best time all year.
  • Pocotron - April 29, 2011 8:25 p.m.

Portal 2 is fun and all, but the series are so damn overrated. (Just like Valve, amirite?)
  • GhostofTaft - April 29, 2011 8:22 p.m.

I was just referring to the people who go, "LOL, Valve fanboys"
  • Redeater - April 29, 2011 8:08 p.m.

I think it is just a bit overrated myself. As an avid T'dar listener I already know you guys think it is the greatest game ever made. I will never understand the love this game gets. I finished portal 2 in about 3-4 hours without help so I wouldn't consider myself in the COD/Madden crazed group. I liked it alot but I will always consider Mario 3, FFIV and Half-Life 2 among the best games ever made.
  • GhostofTaft - April 29, 2011 8 p.m.

I'm glad some people have found a way to feel superior by disliking something generally well-liked. Some things are popular because they're good.
  • SDHoneymonster - April 29, 2011 7:59 p.m.

The cake is SHIT. That's all I have to say. P.S. Portal, forgive me...