Topics

Week of Hate

• Fiirestorm21 - April 28, 2011 2:28 a.m.

I haven't played Brotherhood yet, but absolutely in complete agreement on the repetition and the beggars. Not to mention the horrible endgames in general. (Does anyone miss slogging through endless Templars at the end of 1?)
  • scoutkid - January 11, 2012 8:01 p.m.

• yourfriendlyneighbourhoodassassin - April 28, 2011 2:09 a.m.

When i first tsaw this article, I was like "OH NO THE DIDN'T" then I went into a rampage and was going to delete my account on GR right then and there. But then i decieded to atleast read the article. Although all these points are ABSOLUTLY true, Assassin's Creed is probably the best set of games I have ever played.
  • onepumpwonder - April 28, 2011 1:40 a.m.

to #1 name me one hand held that is better then the console version. to #2 of course it was repetitive repition is what video games are. look at the boss fights in every legend of zelda game you do the exact same thing 3 times. to #3 i whole heartedly agree with i fucking hate those bastards no you cant have my money! to #4 blame the pirates not the game. to #5 i cant say anything about it because ive been putting off beating it.
  • hellodesdemona - April 28, 2011 12:11 a.m.

I can't believe people are listing historical reasons not to like this game. Really? Fist-fighting the pope. Say it out loud. FIST FIGHTING THE POPE. If that isn't the most hilariously awesome thing of the decade, I don't know what is. If only they could somehow squeeze in a time travel fantasy fist fight between Elizabeth I, Hitler, Nostradamus, Plato, Confuscius, Hirohito, Abraham Lincoln...wow, who else? Uhhh...John Wayne, Mother Theresa, and Pocahontas. And Jason Vorhees. With Aliens. And a Dinosaur.
  • dontshootthereviewer - April 27, 2011 9:28 p.m.

beggers and lute players deserve to die. period.
  • philipshaw - April 27, 2011 8:54 p.m.

This list is so spot on, I think the AC games are great but this stuff is why I don't love it in the same way as Uncharted
  • Crypto140 - April 27, 2011 7:50 p.m.

I honestly liked the info you got for doing missions in AC1. In AC2, it's do missions, and then then final mission where you go to the guy you have been hunting the chapter, and kill him. Really thats kind of weak. If they could bring the do missions for info thing back in the next game, but get rid of the repetion levels, that would be super, I would feel like a real assassin, where you get in undected and out... undecteded. That is what I expect in being an assassin, not a straight to the point mission with 500 side missions that are mostly the same, go though this gauntlet, find this flag/feather, climb 40 buildings and press a button to magicicly see everything in the streets, when a map you be just as acceptable ect.
  • boonattack - April 27, 2011 6:55 p.m.

The online was too repetitive to be entertaining for more than a day. That and ac2 n brotherhood were way too easy. Other than that though the games are fantastic, cant wait for AC3. I really hope it isnt modern day - rather just having more of desmonds parts inbetween chapters or something. If I wanted modern day id play Splinter Cell, this is a historical game and i want it to stay that way. As for where it's really gonna be - France seems favourite at the moment - although id love a Victorian London. Jack the ripper could be in it as a Templar agent, he kills prostitutes which are often aligned with the assassins, seems like too good an opportunity to miss really. Hope Ubisoft can keep the quality as good for their 4th game in this 'trilogy' =P
  • zanthox - April 27, 2011 5:03 p.m.

only five? I could write a thesis on reasons, but these are some very annoying parts.
  • Nonstop17 - April 27, 2011 3:50 p.m.

maybe?
  • Nonstop17 - April 27, 2011 3:49 p.m.

the apple maybe showed Desmond who the next assassin hes going to get information from and that was his voice
  • ultimatepunchrod - April 27, 2011 1:43 p.m.

@HitmanSB07 i agree, and when i finally got fed up and killed one, the game told me not to do it.
  • Crofto - April 27, 2011 1:42 p.m.

Add God-awful clunky-combat to that list, and you're half-way to getting to the full list of reasons why these games are ridiculously overrated. Plus there is absolutely nowhere near enough emphasise on just how s**t the story in these games is too. Also, using a conveniently attractive female developer to front the game to help with sales didn't exactly get these games off to a good start either. "Oh look at these fat nerds, throw them a hot chick and they'll lap it up!" *Looks at sales* ... Oh wait, you did. Fat nerds.
  • Tomsta666 - April 27, 2011 11:47 a.m.

CLUTCHING. AT. STRAWS. Assassins Creed, is BY FAR the best series this generation.
  • CitizenWolfie - April 27, 2011 10:58 a.m.

Beggars? Spinoffs? "The first one is repetitive?" Scraping the barrel much? How about forcing you to play through rubbish Facebook "games" and randomly unrelated VR training missions to unlock extra content? Or doing that classic game cliché of making you start with no weapons and skills and working your way back to the same standard you were at the end of the last game? I can understand the shift from Altair to Ezio, but the stripping of every skill/weapon from AC2 to Brotherhood felt lazy to me given that you're playing as the same character. It just felt like a drag to keep being told "you can't climb this window until you have X" I can see the next game doing it too - "oooh something weird happened to Desmond and he's now lost his memories and also his skills!" *facepalm* I'm glad to see games like Arkham City and inFamous 2 are letting you keep everything earned in the first game and instead making you earn all new stuff to play with. Even better if it carries over your save from the previous game as it gives an incentive to play through each instalment properly. tl:dr - Assassin's Creed is great but it annoys me.
  • My2ndPwnDoubleU - April 27, 2011 9:38 a.m.

Scot guy: What did you just do desmond?? Desmond: Sir, finishing this fight.
  • Koolkat23 - April 27, 2011 8:54 a.m.

I hate the story, i have no fucking clue whats going on but yet especially after Brotherhoods awesome MP, im hooked on this series and will continue to buy it.
  • The4X - April 27, 2011 7:12 a.m.

I belive there's not much to hate Assassin's Creed for, therefore the article is short. My opinion is that ACB put the franchise on the GTA level.
  • Lionzest7 - April 27, 2011 6:46 a.m.

Lol you guys missed the biggest portion and bane of AC1, collectables. I actually got all 460 optional things, and 100% the achievements. Believe me this was hell. Going back and forth through a city 4X for one last flag.
  • kyle94 - April 27, 2011 6:06 a.m.

Yea, I'm going with Asspills here. EVERYONE in history is either an Assassin, a Templar, or connected to them. Hell, even Caesar was apparently a member of the predecessors to the Templars. Oh, also, the crazies were annoying. Now, the first time I played the game, they were extremely annoying. The second time, they didn't bother me as much. I think because I just said "I don't care" and chucked them into the water whenever I saw them.