We Recommend

• chavbuster1 - April 4, 2013 9:13 a.m.

The infamous 'F@CK YOU' door from Fallout 3 isn't here? tut tut tut.
  • MadMan - April 4, 2013 7:42 a.m.

You forgot the Halo 3 RvB easter egg. That is my favorite one, and the fact that it changes with each difficulty is awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEvtky4vvQw
  • SDHoneymonster - April 4, 2013 7:11 a.m.

The Indiana Jones skeleton found in a fridge in Fallout New Vegas is a good shout - it's not too far from the start, and it made me chuckle. There was another good one in Bioshock Infinite (POTENTIAL MINOR SPOILERS, so beware): when you get to The First Lady airship and Elizabeth works out you're not taking her to Paris, she pretends to cry. When you go to comfort her, she turns around and hits you with a wrench. Not sure it's necessarily an easter egg, but it's a lovely reference to the first Bioshock.
  • pillowcaselaw - September 8, 2013 12:14 p.m.

I wouldn't really say that the Indiana Jones fridge is an Easter Egg. It's a piece of content specifically added by the Wild Wasteland perk, which is full of references to various things, including in-jokes from the Something Awful forums, of which J. E. Sawyer is a member. It's more "wacky mode" than anything.
  • Sinosaur - April 4, 2013 6:53 a.m.

I don't think you actually need the DLC for the Fallout 3 one, I didn't have any DLC for FO3 and I found the spaceship. I believe that if you're close by it, you can find a weird transmission on your radio that gets stronger as you get closer to it.
  • brickman409 - April 5, 2013 8:33 p.m.

yeah, I came across it too without any dlc
  • Deadsquirrel - April 4, 2013 4:11 a.m.

Justin bailey password input from the original Metroid for NES gives 255 missiles and no suit. That's the first cheat/easter egg I ever experienced. .
  • Unoriginal - April 4, 2013 3:31 a.m.

At one point in Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake gets put into a jail cell. At this point you should save and turn of your system. When you return you will start playing a wierd beat 'em up instead of MGS3. After some time of that Snake will wake up in the cell, commenting on what a wierd drem he just had. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE-oBn2G9cs
  • Fuzunga - April 3, 2013 9:06 p.m.

Some I can think of off the top of my head are the Destiny reference in ODST and Indiana Jones in a refrigerator in New Vegas.
  • J-Fid - April 3, 2013 8:27 p.m.

In Pokemon Black/White 2, there is a girl in Humilau City who says her dress is "comfy and easy to wear," a direct reference to the famous Shorts Boy on Route 3 in Red/Blue Versions. In SSBM, if you zoom in on the Metal Mario trophy, you can see the stage, Yoshi's Island. Also, the Metroid trophy shows a hidden image from Super Metroid. Don't know if MissingNo. truly counts as an easter egg, it's much more an infamous glitch. The Mew Glitch would be more appropriate. Don't know if either of these are Easter Eggs, but I'll list them anyways: The Pokemon Munna was referenced in Red/Blue years before it became a Pokemon in Black/White. In Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, if Luigi walks under falling water, he starts showering. I found this humorous when I first tried it.
  • J-Fid - April 3, 2013 8:40 p.m.

More to add, if you turn on your DS or DS Lite on your birthday, a different start-up jingle will play. I wanted to hear it yesterday, but I don't have my DS with me at college, I was disappointed. Also, you might want to mention that the Gamecube Easter Egg won't work with wireless controllers, it must be a wired one. There is a typo on the Totaka's Song slide. It should say Slider not Slide. You also could have mentioned the dozens of NES games you can play in Animal Crossing.
  • J-Fid - April 5, 2013 5:12 a.m.

Mario Kart 64's extended victory lap song that plays after about an hour of doing nothing.
  • BladedFalcon - April 3, 2013 5:12 p.m.

Surprised you guys didn't Mention the GameFreak Building in Pokemon Black & White, in which you meet not only the designers of the game, but after finishing a part of the game, you can BATTLE with one of them! Also another awesome easter egg was the whole secret room and then weird alternate ending in Contra: Hard Corps, in which you fight a series of increasingly weird bosses to the tune of Castlevania's "vampire Killer" in a very trippy remix. Anyway, pretty fun list overall! and man... Finding Jason appear for no apparent reason in Dead island was a super WTF moment, specially when it turns out he can kill you with one hit >_>; Killing him is worth it though, since then you can use his chainsaw! :D
  • C.King - April 3, 2013 9:10 p.m.

they do that in every game actually, the battling part was new though
  • shawksta - April 3, 2013 4:50 p.m.

Great list, some i knew and some i didnt know, cool! "Congrats on finishing the game. Now get a life!!" WHY ARE YOU SO CRUEL EIJI I never learned about the Haduken in Megaman until last year, seriously, that was very well hidden 0_0 I NEVER KNEW THE GAMECUBE ONE EXISTED EITHER, GODDAMN IT AND I CALL MYSELF A NINTENDO FAN I knew about it but never found the maw in splosion man, now i know XD In Ocarina of Time 3D, the Mario Portraits are replaced by hanging tables with Mario Pipes on them. I know you made nods to Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts already but there's already the Stop and Swap in the original games that were otherwise made for nothing until they are actually unlocked in the Xbox live arcade versions of the 2 games to which getting them gets.......more parts for Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts. I guess its technically an Easter Egg, want to see Zelda's Room? Want to know why the Bathroom is hogged at night time? In Skyward Sword, once you obtain the Clawshot, at night time in Skyloft, go to the roof area of the academy which is otherwise the same way you had to catch Mia the remlet. Then use the clawshot on the chimney top to get on top and go in. There you'll see a passage way but also see a a caged hole where you can see that its Headmaster Gaepora Taking a shower. Keep going and you'll fall into Zelda's room, whose closet has a doll of tingle! Also once getting the clawshot, you can go outside the border in the Goddess temple to find flower patches and once you step in, BOOM not 2, not 4 but 5 supercute Remlits! (Unless its Night time, BEWARE)
  • StrayGator - April 3, 2013 5:43 p.m.

"I NEVER KNEW THE GAMECUBE EXISTED GODDAMN IT" (how i read it in first glance)
  • shawksta - April 3, 2013 5:48 p.m.

HAH
  • colicub - April 3, 2013 4:46 p.m.

The Psycho Mantis one is actually him reading the data from your memory card of any other Konami games saved on it, as it also works with the ISS games and Suikoden (that I can remember, it works with others too I bet). He does a simliar thing in the Gamecube version too.
  • StrayGator - April 3, 2013 4:20 p.m.

Okami had some (something a-go-go, baby! / Mrs. Orange's Shin Goku Satsu cherry cakes) Brutal Legend's intro had the guitarist using the taunt from psychonauts (along with countless winks towards metal history). Lego Indiana Jones - carbonated Han Solo is apparently in the government warehouse that had the ark.
  • winner2 - April 3, 2013 4:19 p.m.

Also, is the first picture with the intro to the list a pic of the N64 paper mario? Those trees are from the yoshi island right, with that big raven? That's seriously the only thing I can be sure of, i've never seen the eggs before.