• Yuyukangkang - December 13, 2013 6:30 a.m.

Suikoden also have some of them as well. The famous one is in Genso Suikoden 2. In the beginning of game, you must choose to jump to the river. If the hero decline, there will be enemies appear. After we fight the enemy, we will give option again, to jump or not. If we choose no, the enemies will appear again like, forever. If we keep choose not jump until 108 times or more, the opening video, which was usually sephia, will be colored. And in the same game, there was this gate which we not supposed to pass (Muse-Rockaxe border), but with a little push, we can pass and fight some high-level monsters for the sake of much money and level-up-super boost.
  • snoupy - November 20, 2013 12:56 p.m.

The "Who Wants Toast?!" Easter Eggs in Gears of War 2. :3
  • Meeeh - October 29, 2013 2:15 p.m.

And i think the warp room from Super Mario Bros. from NES. (I played that game a lot, but i didnt finish it, but thanks to emulators now i can! Yay! PS:i have the original one.)
  • Meeeh - October 29, 2013 2:05 p.m.

Taz-Wanted: Sh*t in toilet. At Construction Site (i dont remember the name right now) in the teleporter toilet, if you use first person mode, you will see a little sh*t here. :)))))
  • TechnoAnimeGamer - April 8, 2013 8:55 p.m.

Unlocking 1999 mode in BioShock Infinite with the Konami Code!
  • brickman409 - April 5, 2013 8:31 p.m.

the hidden nasa mars rover in red faction guerrilla is kind of cool too
  • GoldenEagle1476 - April 5, 2013 10:49 a.m.

I liked the Doom reference in Duke Nukem 3D better. You find the body of a dead marine, and Duke says, "that's one doomed space marine." I also thought the Skyrim pickaxe was pretty funny; most of the rest I haven't found, though.
  • Boonehams - April 5, 2013 9:24 a.m.

In the "D&D Geeks" cinematic from Summoner, check out the corner of the room and you'll see the floppy-eared bunny (named Cabbit) that also appears in Saints Row 2 & 3. All of those games were made by Volition, so it makes sense.
  • christian-shaffer - April 4, 2013 7:59 p.m.

Kind of surprised by the lack of Borderlands 2. It really wasn't my type of game, but the amount of easter eggs in it was ridiculous, especially the Minecraft one.
  • NeoKabuto - April 4, 2013 6:32 p.m.

MISSINGNO. is not an easter egg. It's a glitch, plain and simple. The Japanese versions of the first generation Pokemon games had quite a few bugs. MISSINGNO is just one that wasn't patched. It has stats, but those aren't there intentionally, which is obvious from the other glitched Pokemon that exist through the same glitch. Other than that, this list was really interesting.
  • Balaska - April 4, 2013 11:32 a.m.

The Notched pickaxe appeared in Morrowind.. it's not a reference to Notch. Fact check please.
  • MasterBrief - April 8, 2013 5:12 p.m.

wrong it is not in Morrowind. Check your facts.
  • oryanbelt - April 4, 2013 11:08 a.m.

Glad to see the L4D2 Jukebox easter egg was in here. I found that during the multiplayer demo and I just finished the first Portal a week before it came out so I was especially fond of that one. I personally liked the one in Final Fantasy IX, where the weapon shop in Lindblum has a large sword, that when examined, reminded Zidane of a "guy with spiky hair who carried something like this." Then again Final Fantasy IX is a giant reference in of itself but thought I just mention that one.
  • LEGOMatrix - April 4, 2013 10:43 a.m.

Loads of characters in the original Trauma Centre on DS shared forenames or surnames with characters from Scrubs.
  • chavbuster1 - April 4, 2013 9:13 a.m.

The infamous 'F@CK YOU' door from Fallout 3 isn't here? tut tut tut.
  • MadMan - April 4, 2013 7:42 a.m.

You forgot the Halo 3 RvB easter egg. That is my favorite one, and the fact that it changes with each difficulty is awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEvtky4vvQw
  • SDHoneymonster - April 4, 2013 7:11 a.m.

The Indiana Jones skeleton found in a fridge in Fallout New Vegas is a good shout - it's not too far from the start, and it made me chuckle. There was another good one in Bioshock Infinite (POTENTIAL MINOR SPOILERS, so beware): when you get to The First Lady airship and Elizabeth works out you're not taking her to Paris, she pretends to cry. When you go to comfort her, she turns around and hits you with a wrench. Not sure it's necessarily an easter egg, but it's a lovely reference to the first Bioshock.
  • pillowcaselaw - September 8, 2013 12:14 p.m.

I wouldn't really say that the Indiana Jones fridge is an Easter Egg. It's a piece of content specifically added by the Wild Wasteland perk, which is full of references to various things, including in-jokes from the Something Awful forums, of which J. E. Sawyer is a member. It's more "wacky mode" than anything.
  • Sinosaur - April 4, 2013 6:53 a.m.

I don't think you actually need the DLC for the Fallout 3 one, I didn't have any DLC for FO3 and I found the spaceship. I believe that if you're close by it, you can find a weird transmission on your radio that gets stronger as you get closer to it.