Tuesday 29 August 2006
For those of you brave enough to venture again on to the streets of Silent Hill, this competition should tickle your fancy with a 10-inch knife.
We've teamed up with Pathe to offer one lucky winner a PSP console, a UMD of The Silent Hill Experience and a DVD of the Silent Hill movie, which stars Sean Bean and Radha Mitchell and is due for release on 4 September. Three lucky runners-up will each receive a copy of the UMD and DVD.
Night after night, nine-year-old Sharon DaSilva enters nightmarish trances and when she is woken by her anxious parents she screams the words "Silent Hill". Driven to desperation, her adoptive mother Rose (Mitchell) disappears with her troubled daughter to find the root of her nightmare - the ghost town of Silent Hill.
After losing control of her car on the outskirts of the town (of course), Rose awakes to find Sharon gone. Once inside Silent Hill, she enters a world where reality and a hellish dimension seem to blur into one another. Stalked by hell beasts with massive knives, twisted limbs, burning flesh and a hunger for blood Rose stumbles from building to building following the lingering screams of her daughter.
Scared yet? Well, you'll have to brave the trailer to be in with a chance of winning. All you need to do to enter is watch the trailer here and tell us the answer to the following question:
What does the newspaper call Silent Hill?
a) The Tainted Town
b) The Noiseless Knoll
c) The Town of Terror
To enter, click here to email us with your answer, name and full address. The closing date for entries is Tuesday 26 September 2006. Note: The movie is rated 15 so entrants must be aged 15 or over.
Above: The lights are out and there's something moving in the dark - expect scares aplenty
Competition terms and conditions
1. Promotions are open to all UK residents
2. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
3. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for another prize of equal value.
4. Prize draws are open to all residents of the UK, except employees of Future, the promoter and their immediate families, the promoter's advertising agency and sales promotion consultancy, and anyone else connected with the creation and administration of the promotion.
5. The editor's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. Only one entry per person. Spammers will be disqualified.
7. GamesRadar will not accept responsibility for loss through technical fault, incomplete, illegible or other damaged entries. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt.
(Title Copyright for: Silent Hill (UK): (c) 2006 - Silent Hill DCP Inc., Davis Films SARL. All Rights Reserved. Studio Copyright for: Silent Hill (UK): (c) 2006 Pathe Distribution Limited. All Rights Reserved)