We let the boy wizard, the Misfits and the right one in to our latest issue
On sale Wednesday 20 October .
Schools out for Potter and co
It’s the end of the road for the boy wizard as the Harry Potter series comes to a close in Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 1 . We sent Dave Golder on set to say his fond farewells to the cast and crew… until next year when Part 2 is released in cinemas. Hurray!
Misfits Series Two
Howard Overman’s superheroes with ASBOs show returns to screens next month so we went on set to get the latest word on season two and the upcoming Christmas special.
Let Me In
Cloverfield director Matt Reeves takes on one of the most beloved horror movies of the past decade in his adaptation of Tomas Alfredson/John Ajvide Lindqvist’s Let The Right One In . We speak to the man of the hour.
The posters which defined the age of horror in the most bloody beautiful spread of the issue. There’s some words in there somewhere too.
Fannish Inquisition – Iain M Banks
The multi-million selling Culture author dons his sci-fi cap to answer your questions.
The Classic British Ghost Story
This being our Halloween issue and all we couldn’t let you off without a good old scare, and this look back at classic fright nights will have you cowering under the covers. The wigs, the wigs!
Chuck’s best mate Morgan Grimes (aka Joshua Gomez), talks super sidekicks in Chuck season four.
Back To The Future celebrates a quarter century, He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe celebrates astronomical toy sales and we revist Godzilla in the SFX time machine. Tim Burton’s Batman also goes under the microscope.
Wishlist: Apes rise in the aptly titled Rise Of The Apes . Monkey drawings guaranteed.
Spoiler Zone: Chuck, Fringe, Merlin and The Vampire Diaries return; Eureka , True Blood and Warehouse 13 bow out for another year; while The Gates and Haven keep on trucking.
Big Shot: The Thing is this month’s Big Shot is The Thing . The prequel to The Thing not the remake thing many were mistaken about. Got that?
- Dino-drama Primeval survived a second ice age earlier this year after being resurrected for two more years of small screen adventures. We get the first word on what to expect from producer Tim Bradley.
- Five things you need to know about alien abduction flick Skyline straight from the director’s mouths. Just don’t mention Alien Versus Predator: Requiem, eh?
- Director Jalmari Helander talks Scary Santa’s in bloodcurdling festive treat Rare Exports .
- Spider-Man swings into Broadway with Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark . We speak to writer Glen Berger.
- Web Queen and Whedonverse alum Felicia Day on the fourth season of web-series The Guild .
Rated: Let Me In , Iron Man 2 , The Alien Anthology , Stephen King’s Full Dark, No Stars , Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow and the latest batch of Doctor Who audio adventures.
Next issue : SFX 203, on sale Wednesday 17 November. Why not subscribe and receive tasty coverline-free issues?