Call Me By Your Name director confirms Timothée Chalamet and Armie Hammer will return for sequel
"Everyone will be in the new movie,” Luca Guadagnino said of the Call Me By Your Name sequel
Weekly digests, tales from the communities you love, and more
You are now subscribed
Your newsletter sign-up was successful
Want to add more newsletters?
Every Friday
GamesRadar+
Your weekly update on everything you could ever want to know about the games you already love, games we know you're going to love in the near future, and tales from the communities that surround them.
Every Thursday
GTA 6 O'clock
Our special GTA 6 newsletter, with breaking news, insider info, and rumor analysis from the award-winning GTA 6 O'clock experts.
Every Friday
Knowledge
From the creators of Edge: A weekly videogame industry newsletter with analysis from expert writers, guidance from professionals, and insight into what's on the horizon.
Every Thursday
The Setup
Hardware nerds unite, sign up to our free tech newsletter for a weekly digest of the hottest new tech, the latest gadgets on the test bench, and much more.
Every Wednesday
Switch 2 Spotlight
Sign up to our new Switch 2 newsletter, where we bring you the latest talking points on Nintendo's new console each week, bring you up to date on the news, and recommend what games to play.
Every Saturday
The Watchlist
Subscribe for a weekly digest of the movie and TV news that matters, direct to your inbox. From first-look trailers, interviews, reviews and explainers, we've got you covered.
Once a month
SFX
Get sneak previews, exclusive competitions and details of special events each month!
Timothée Chalamet and Armie Hammer stans rejoice! Luca Guadagnino, the director of Call Me By Your Name, has revealed that a sequel to the coming-of-age drama is being developed, and the original cast will be back.
Call Me By Your Name was a huge success upon release in 2017, earning Chalamet an Oscar nomination and cementing the actor as a matinee idol. A sequel to the book on which the movie is based, Find Me, by André Aciman, was released last year – though whether the movie sequel will be based on that book remains unclear.
“Of course, it was a great pleasure to work with Timothée Chalamet, Armie Hammer, Michael Stuhlbarg, Esther Garrel and the other actors. Everyone will be in the new movie,” Guadagnino told Italian newspaper La Repubblica.
The filmmaker added that he had already met with an unnamed screenwriter about the project, but production had been delayed due to the coronavirus. “Before coronavirus, I made a trip to the United States to meet a screenwriter I love very much, whose name I don’t want to say, to talk about the second part," he said. "Unfortunately, we had to put it on hold.”
Chalamet previously confirmed to our sister publication Total Film that he had met with Guadagnino to discuss the project, which is reportedly expected to take place in Paris. Asked whether he was looking forward to returning to his character, Elio, the actor said: “Not like looking forward in the immediately contemporaneous sense. It’s not going to be any time soon, I don’t think. But, yeah, that’s something I feel as enthusiastic about it as, I think, Armie feels. Luca as well.”
Call Me By Your Name was one of our favourite movies of the last 10 years. Here are our picks for the 100 best movies of the decade 2010 to 2019.
Bringing all the latest movie news, features, and reviews to your inbox

Jack Shepherd is the former Senior Entertainment Editor of GamesRadar. Jack used to work at The Independent as a general culture writer before specializing in TV and film for the likes of GR+, Total Film, SFX, and others. You can now find Jack working as a freelance journalist and editor.


