If you want to own the most expensive cars in Gran Turismo 6 then you’ll need to rack up a serious amount of in-game Credit, and with seemingly diminished rewards for completing races in this latest offering the only way to do this quickly is through micro-transactions.
The maximum value you can hold in your account is 20,000,000 Cr, and to amass this virtual fortune immediately would set you back a whopping £120 or $150 in micro-transactions through the GT Store. However, a glitch has been discovered which allows players to immediately boost their accounts to the maximum balance without having to spend a penny!
If the idea of becoming an instant Credit millionaire appeals to you then follow the steps below, but do it soon – Polyphony Digital are no doubt already working on an update to fix this exploit, after which you’ll have to go back to grinding out race victories the old fashioned way.
- While playing the patched 1.01 version of Gran Turismo 6, head to Vision GT under the Cars section.
- Select the first vehicle, the Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo, and choose to ‘Accept as a Gift’.
- When ‘Do you want to use this car now?’ appears, choose No – if you pick Yes the game will crash during the following steps.
- Save and quit back to the XMB, then go to Game Data Utility and delete the Gran Turismo 6 1.01 file – don’t worry, this won’t affect your save.
- Reload the game but decline the 1.01 update and PSN sign-in prompt.
- Enter your Garage and view your Car List, then select the Mercedes-Benz which is now displayed as .
- Choose the Sell option and the Sale Price will be displayed as 333,993,856 Credits, though this is capped at the maximum of 20,000,000 Cr once the transaction goes through.
- Save, quit then reload to install the 1.01 patch again.
- Buy whatever cars and upgrades you like, safe in the knowledge that your account will never run dry.