Oct 10, 2007
Bungie has moved quickly to update its playlists for Halo 3's multiplayer games. Presumably after seeing the amount of vetoes certain gametypes (cough) Shotty Snipers (cough) received.
"Halo 3's Matchmaking Playlists, just like Halo 2's, are dynamic and ever-changing entities," says Bungie. "Even now in the perilous Bungie towers, we're looking at new hoppers, gametypes and modes to test for future iterations and changes of these playlists. Multiplayer Lead Tyson Green and test wunderkind David Gasca sent the following list of changes to us - and these changes are live now."
And the changes are:
- Big Team Battle matches are now 16-player affairs
- In the Team Slayer playlist, the appearance of Shotty Snipers has been greatly reduced
- Now, when players veto Shotty Snipers, the game that results from the veto will not be Shotty Snipers
- In one-sided VIP matches, the attacking team will now see a waypoint for the VIP they are hunting
- In Lone Wolves, Slayer gametypes will appear more frequently
Above:Even having aninja-swordcan't make Shotty Snipers fun
Hopefully the next update will kill Shotty Snipers altogether. It's boring against certain types of players - bring on a straight fight!