The Genshin Impact Dragonspine region is full of caves, snow, Frostarm Lawachurls, and shiny red rocks. Oh, and you might find some World Quests, puzzles, fiery Seelies, and four-star weapons as well. But most importantly; be sure to get your hands on some goulash or a warming bottle, or you won’t get far up that mountain.
If the Genshin Impact Dragonspine region sounds a bit intimidating, don’t worry. Here’s an overview of all the important stuff you’ll find in this epic mountainous landscape, plus some info on how to survive.
We’ll take a look at the Sheer Cold mechanism, the four-star weapons available in this region, and the famous Frostbearing Tree feature.
Genshin Impact tips | Genshin Impact Dragonspine Stone Tablets | Best Genshin Impact characters | Genshin Impact fishing spots | Genshin Impact Anemoculus | Genshin Impact Aloy character | Genshin Impact wishes and codes | Genshin Impact Serenitea Pot blueprints | Genshin Impact Hangout Events | How to reroll in Genshin Impact | Genshin Impact Crossplay
Stay warm in Dragonspine: sheer cold meter
The most challenging thing about Dragonspine is the sheer cold. Every player will see a ‘Sheer Cold’ meter at the bottom of their screen, indicating how long you have until your characters start losing HP. Snowstorms will decrease the time you can spend in the cold before the meter is full. Be careful around water as well, no Genshin Impact character enjoys an icy swim!
Besides avoiding snowstorms and swimming (or leaving the area altogether), there are a few ways to slow down the Sheer Cold:
- Make a fire. Yes, simply light up some braziers, torches, or cooking places you might find.
- Statues of the Seven and Teleport Waypoints will also protect you.
- Get close to Warming Seelies. They are the same as Mondstadt/Liyue Seelies, but… well, warmer.
- Make Goulash from meat, carrots and tomato. This will decrease the speed of the Sheer Cold meter for 15 minutes. You need to complete the ‘Ah, Fresh Meat!’ quest to get the recipe.
- Make a Warming Bottle. You can only do this once your Frostbearing Tree level reaches 4 though (more on that below).
- Collect Scarlet Quartz. This is a special resource found only in Dragonspine. It will hold off Sheer Cold for some time.
Free Genshin Impact four-star weapons in Dragonspine
There are a few free four-star weapon blueprints you can get in the Dragonspine region. As four-star weapons in Genshin Impact are usually obtained through Wishes (and therefore quite rare), it's a good idea to pick these up. You can get the following four-star weapons in Dragonspine:
- Dragonspine Spear (Polearm): Normal and Charged attacks have a chance to drop an icicle on the target. You will receive the diagram for this weapon after completing the 'Festering Fang' quest.
- Snow-Tombed Starsilver (Claymore): Normal and Charged attacks have a chance to drop an icicle on the target, dealing AoE attack damage. Complete the Dragonspine Stone Tablets puzzle to receive it for free.
- Frostbearer (Catalyst): this weapon will also have a chance to hit the target with an icicle. You will get the blueprint by reaching a Frostbearing Tree level of 10.
Unfortunately, the free four-star Sword called 'Festering Desire' was an event-exclusive Dragonspine weapon, so this one is no longer available. Festering Desire was a reward in the Genshin Impact 1.2 event called 'The Chalk Prince and the Dragon: Act I'.
How to unlock the Peak of Vindagnyr Dragonspine Domain
Peak of Vindagnyr is great Domain to find some valuable Artifacts. Before you can enter this Dragonspine Domain, however, you need to complete a quest called ‘In the Mountains'. It becomes available after speaking to Iris in the Dragonspine encampment. The Peak of Vindagnyr Domain has the following five-star Artifact drops:
- Blizzard Strayer. A 2-piece set grants a Cryo damage bonus of 15%, and a 4-piece set increases your critical rate when attacking a frozen character.
- Heart of Depth. A 2-piece set gives you a Hydro damage bonus of 15%, while a 4-piece set increases your Normal and Charged Attack damage by 30% after using an Elemental Skill.
How to upgrade the Frostbearing Tree in Dragonspine
The Frostbearing Tree is an important new feature in Dragonspine. The idea is similar to that of the Statues of the Seven: you need to collect certain materials while exploring, and then offer those materials to the Frostbearing Tree in return for special rewards.
The material you need to level up the Frostbearing Tree is ‘Crimson Agate’. It is a red, glowing resource which you can find all over Dragonspine. Once you offer enough Crimson Agate, the Frostbearing Tree will be leveled up, and you will get rewards in the form of Mora, Enhancement Ore, Wishes, Crafting Material, Character Experience, and a whole lot more.
Note that the Crimson Wish will unlock after reaching Frostbearing Tree level 8. You no longer need to search for Crimson Agate after reaching this level; just complete the Crimson Wish challenges.
Let’s grab that winter coat and start exploring Dragonspine!