The Fortnite Fortnitemares 2022 event is now active, a two week Halloween event with special quests, rewards and details for players to find around the island. These quests actually get added over time to Fortnitemares, with a total of 28 in play by the time the event is over. But what are the challenges and rewards involved, how do you complete them, how has the map changed over the course of the event, and what are the most important details to keep in mind? We'll cover all the essentials about the Fortnite Fortnitemares 2022 event below - like the fact that the very groovy Ash Williams is in it.
What is the Fortnitemares 2022 event
The Fortnite Fortnitemares 2022 event is a two-week event in Fortnite in which limited-time quests and rewards are added to the game, all Halloween themed, along with certain new weapons, enemies, locations and NPCs added to the map. Most of these new map and gameplay additions feature into the quests in some way, so players will need to find all the new elements to fully complete the Fortnitemares quests.
Speaking of which, there will be a total of 28 Fortnitemares quests for players to complete, but not from the start. Beginning from the start date of the 18th October, there were only two quests - but two more will be added every day until all 25 are in play to be completed.
When does the Fortnitemares event end?
The Fortnitemares event is planned to last for two weeks total, and all quests and rewards attached to the event will end on November 1 at 2AM ET. The event is officially scheduled to be over at that time, so we presume that any and all Halloween/Fortnitemares content will be taken down - meaning that anybody who hasn't earned the unique rewards attached to the event will have missed their chance.
Not all the Fortnitemares quests are active and live at time of writing, but as mentioned above they will be gradually added to the game at a rate of two per day. While not announced in advance, reputable leakers and data crackers (opens in new tab) have opened up the game's code to see what we can expect.
- Dance on an Alteration Altar to get the Howler Claws (1)
- Hit an opponent while Fortnite Wolfscent is active (1)
- Help defeat Fortnite Inkquisitor at Grim Gables (1)
- Search chests at Grim Gables, the Reality Tree, or the Knowby Cabin (5)
- Dance with the Chrome Punk (1)
- Acquire the Zero Point Pretzel effect (3)
- Dig up and collect Terrifying Tablature in a single match (4)
- Hunt zombies or zombie chickens (5)
- Purchase a shotgun from Ash Williams (1)
- Deal shotgun damage at the Knowby Cabin, Willow's Haunt, or Grim Gables (50)
- Ring a doorbell until it breaks to get a treat (or a trick!) (1)
- Destroy Fortnite haunted household furniture (7)
- Purchase items from Curdle Scream Leader (2)
- Destroy objects with a Pumpkin Launcher (13)
- Help defeat Willow at Willow's Haunt (1)
- Throw candy from a vehicle in Fortnite (3)
- Read epitaphs at different goofy gravestones (5)
- Destroy Fortnite jack-o'-lanterns with a ranged weapon (5)
- Gain a speed boost by eating Pepper Mint candy (2)
- Throw a Pizza Party at Grim Gables and the Knowby Cabin (2)
- Honk a vehicle's horn at Grim Gables and the Knowby Cabin (2)
- Dance at a lit campfire at night (1)
- Dance while Chromed at Grim Gables, the Knowby Cabin, or Willow's Haunt (1)
- Dance within 20 meters of an enemy player for 3 seconds (3)
- Dance with Characters for 10 seconds (10)
- Talk to a Character to get a Prop Disguise (3)
- Jump while you have the Hop Drop low gravity effect (3)
- Fly with a zombie chicken (75)
With 28 challenges to complete, it means players don't have to get the full amount for all the rewards - and speaking of which, we'll cover those now.
Putting aside new in-game weapons and features that can be found on the island, there's also cosmetic rewards that can be found for completing the quests as follows:
- "Everything's End" glider (complete 5 Fortnitemares quests)
- "Chrome Cage" back bling (complete 13 Fortnitemares quests)
- "Unmaker" harvesting tool (complete 25 Fortnitemares quests)
You can fight Fortnite The Herald as an NPC boss, and they're soon getting their own set of quests.
Obviously the Unmaker won't be available until nearly all quests have been released and added to the game, but progress in completing the quests even before then will count towards all the rewards, of course. These rewards all have a silvery quality meant to reflect the current Fortnite Chrome Structures that are a major element of the game right now, and players who like that quicksilver aesthetic will want to work hard to earn them.