The Destiny 2 Europa armor from Beyond Light can only be unlocked piece-by-piece through quests that require you to find and unlock chests around the frozen moon. The Crystocrene armor set is definitely one of the more unique armor sets in Destiny 2 as it gives your Guardian an outfit fit for an expedition on the Europan ice. However, getting a full set of it is time-consuming and will require you to venture all over the place looking for chests contained Aged Armor. Although this guide will speed things up for you as we lay out the locations of all 10 Destiny 2 Europa armor chests so you can quickly get the full Crystocrene set.
Quests for individual Crystocrene armor pieces are unlocked gradually throughout the Destiny 2 Beyond Light campaign from Variks, but I highly recommend that you wait until after you’ve completed it to get all the chests in one tour of Europa - some chests also can't be opened until you've certain points in the campaign anyway. There are also a few challenges that task you with completing objectives while wearing at least four pieces of Crystocrene armor, so make sure you don’t dismantle any pieces you find either.
- Crystocrene Leg armor chest location
- Crystocrene Arms chest locations
- Crystocrene Class Item chest location
- Crystocrene Helmet chest locations
- Crystocrene Chest armor chest locations
How to get the Destiny 2 Europa Leg armor
- Bray Exoscience chest 1: Head inside the Bray Exoscience facility in the Cadmus Ridge region of Europa. Make your way through the icy interior until you reach a large, brightly lit hall. Hang to the right side of the hall and head into the side rooms, then look left in the second room to spot the first chest. Take the Aged Armor back to Variks to get the Crystocrene boots.
How to get the Destiny 2 Europa Arms
- Bray Exoscience chest 2: From the big hall in Bray Exoscience, head to the far end of the room and take the left door. You'll go through a corridor that leads into a laboratory. Head to the far end of the lab and look towards the left corner to spot the first chest for the Crystocrene arms in Destiny 2.
- Eternity chest: From the previous chest, head through the door in the right corner of the lab and press on through the Exoscience facility toeventually reach an area called Eternity. Carry on following the linear path until you reach a large data center room filled with lots of servers. Jump up onto the upper level and you'll spot the sealed chest. With both chests open, you can return to Variks to collect the Destiny 2 Crystocrene arms.
How to get the Destiny 2 Europa Class Item
- Perdition chest: To get the Crystocrene Class Item (Mark for Titans, Cloak for Hunters, and Bond for Warlocks), head inside the Destiny 2 Perdition Lost Sector and you'll spot the chest in the first room full of Vex Harpies. The chest is tucked in a corner under the walkway that you enter the Lost Sector on.
How to get the Destiny 2 Europa Helmet
- Nexus chest: Head to Asterion Abyss and go towards the Vex structure to the east to reach Nexus. Take the left path and keep going until you reach a large cavern filled with some Eliksni tech, specifically two large tanks in the central area. Head over to back-left corner of this room to find the first of three chests for the Crystocrene helmet.
- Well of Infinitude chest 1: Head back to Nexus and this time take the right path leading downwards to the Well of Infinitude. Keep following the path until you eventually reach an open room with a large pit on your left. You should spot the next Crystocrene helmet chest on a small ledge on the other side of the pit so jump across to open it.
- Well of Infinitude chest 2: Carrying on from the previous chest, jump down to the next arena and bear left. You'll walk onto a slightly raised walkway next to a large pillar, so follow the walkway as it hooks left around the pillar and you'll reach the third and final chest for the Destiny 2 Europa Crystocrene helmet.
How to get the Destiny 2 Europa Chest armor
- Riis-Reborn Approach chest 1: In Eventide Ruins, take the gravity lift in the north and then follow the path to reach the Riis-Reborn Approach. Keep going through the Eliksni city until you eventually reach a room with some stairs at the far end - there are also quite a few Vex Goblins in here. You should quite easily spot the first chest under the stairs to the right.
- Riis-Reborn Approach chest 2: Go up the stairs from the chest you just opened and keep following the main path. You'll cross a bridge that leads into a building with a few paths. Bear right and unlock the Stasis forcefield if you need to, then head through the door and ascend another gravity lift. Head up the stairs into a large room with a teleporter, but turn around and you'll see the sealed chest on a raised platform.
- Technocrat's Iron chest: Now go through the teleporter in the room that the previous chest was in and follow the path, ensuring that you take a left turn when you reach a doorway protected by Stasis forcefield. This will eventually lead to an outside area and Technocrat's Iron proper. Keep going through a few rooms filled with Vex and another outside area and you'll eventually reach an area full of train tracks. Take the lower tracks and jump to the first platform you see on your right. You’ll see the chest near a broken down Brig, which will get you the Destiny 2 Crystocrene chest armor.
If you've followed this guide all the way through, you should now have a full set of Destiny 2 Europa armor for your current class! If you want to get the armor for other Destiny 2 Classes, you'll need to play the Beyond Light campaign again on a relevant character to unlock all the Europa armor quests, and you'll still need to unseal all 10 chests too.
If you want to farm more Crystocrene armor or even some of the Europa weapons, you should focus on unlocking all the Sabotage upgrades from Variks. These will allow you to get Europa armor from activities such as Empire Hunts, Destiny 2 Heroic Public Events, Lost Sectors, or roaming Enforcer Brig High-Value Targets. Completing Empire Hunts on higher difficulties also offer Crystocrene armor with high stats, helping you make a solid build with good armor stats.