Official figures show that 4.9 million viewers joined Doctor Who ’s “Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS”.
That’s a slight drop from last week, and while there are all the usual provisos about iPlayer, timeshift and time of year, etc, etc, it would be nice to see the show generating a bit more buzz amongst among general audiences in its 50th year. Maybe Diana Rigg, some Cybermen and the mystery of the Doctor’s name will see the show raise its profile? Not that there’s any real panic – the show is getting great figures for its time slot and the final consolidated figures are always much more impressive, but it’s be nice to see it become “water cooler” TV rather than “internet forum” TV in time for the anniversary special…
• Read our review of Doctor Who “Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS”
• Read our spoiler-free preview for D octor Who “The Crimson Horror”
• Doctor Who series finale title revealed
• Doctor Who series 7b posters
• 50th anniversary filming pics