Xur, Destiny’s visiting weekend merchant, fine jewelry craftsman, and strong critic of the films of Michael Bay - though he does quite like Pain and Gain - is back in The Tower. Specifically, he's over opposite the Speaker, throwing pre-sucked gumballs and shouting "Liar!".
Anyway, this week, he’s selling this lot:
- The Taikonaut (Exotic Titan helmet) – 13 Strange Coins
- Sealed Ahamkara Grasps (Exotic Hunter gauntlets) – 13 Strange Coins
- Apotheosis Veil (Exotic Warlock helmet) – 13 Strange Coins
- Legacy Engram (Chest armour engram) – 31 Strange Coins
- Exotic Engram [Gauntlets] – 19 Strange Coins
- Three of Coins – 7 Strange Coins
- Glass Needle - 3 Strange Coins
So what’s good?
If you're a Titan using rocket launchers, you absolutely want to pick up the Taikonaut. It will add target tracking to any launcher you use, will let you view your radar while scoped, and furnishes you with more Heavy ammo. And it will give you more Super energy for Heavy kills. A complete upgrade kit for every explosion tube in the game, basically.
The Sealed Ahamkara Grasps are a bit duff, given that they just give you an extra melee for each charged gauge and a chance of reloading your gun with every stab. The Warlocks' Apotheosis Veil though, is rather good indeed. Hugely under-rated, it's an immensely powerful tide-turner in PvE, giving you full health, melee and grenade regen upon activating your Super. Fire that one off when your back's against the wall, and you'll immediately come out with everything blazing.
As ever, Xur will be in the Tower until 10am UK / 2am PT on Sunday, at which point he'll vanish for the week. So make sure you stock up while you can.