The Genshin Impact Thunder Sojourn event has you flying through Thunder Spheres and battling with Thunder Dwellings. As the first of (probably many) Inazuma events, Thunder Sojourn is all about Electro power and its new gameplay mechanisms. And not unimportant; you can summon a free Beidou!
Thunder Sojourn consists of four Acts in total. The first three are already live, and the fourth and final one will release soon. The four Acts shall remain open until August 9th, so make sure you participate before that time. If you need any help or tips, here’s everything you need to know about the Genshin Impact Thunder Sojourn event.
How to take part in the Genshin Impact Thunder Sojourn event
As the Thunder Sojourn event takes place in Inazuma, the participation requirements are higher than usual. First of all, you need to have an Adventure Rank of at least 30. On top of that, you need to complete the Archon Quest ‘Autumn Winds, Scarlet Leaves’ (this Archon Quest became available during Genshin Impact 1.6) and the ‘Ritou Escape Plan’ quest. The latter is part of the new main questline called ‘Chapter 2: Act 1 – The Immovable God and the Eternal Euthymia’.
Thunder Sojourn event rewards in Genshin Impact 2.0
Most importantly, you can get a free Beidou during the Thunder Sojourn event. Beidou is a Claymore user with Electro Vision. Inviting her will cost 1000 Thunder Pellets and 1000 Thunder Crystals. You can collect this event currency by doing the challenges.
You can also exchange the Thunder Pellets and Thunder Crystals for other rewards in the Thunder Sojourn event shop: Hero’s Wit (character experience), character Ascension and character level-up material, weapon enhancement material, Talent level-up material, and Mora. Some of these are also individual challenge rewards (on top of the Primogems).
Don’t forget to collect the event-exclusive Crown of Insight reward too; you can use this to increase your characters’ Talents to the highest possible level. The Crown of Insight costs 500 Thunder Crystals in the Thunder Sojourn event shop.
Thunder Sojourn Act 1: Bolt Blitz
To start Thunder Sojourn Act 1, ‘Bolt Blitz’, simply visit the event page and click ‘go to quest’. Just talk to the NPC and visit the challenge area as requested. After you start your first Bolt Blitz challenge, walk to the Thunder Sakura Bough (the purple plant) that pops up next to you and collect an ‘Electrogranum’. You need this to use the Thunder Spheres (the Electro symbols in the air).
Keep activating the Electrogranum to fly from Thunder Sphere to Thunder Sphere (see the correct button in the lower right corner of the screen), eventually taking you to the finish.
Here are some tips to improve your Bolt Blitz game:
- These are timed challenges;. The faster you are, the better your rewards.
- You can use the Electrogranum almost immediately after reaching a new Thunder Sphere, so keep hitting that button to go as fast as possible! That said, sometimes you need to glide a bit further to get in the next Thunder Sphere’s range.
- The Electrogranum will disappear after a while, so get a new one before using the next Thunder Sphere connection.
- Collect the little Electro orbs to gain extra time.
- You don’t have to equip an Electro character. In fact, using other Elements is often better as you may encounter Electro enemies (the first Bolt Blitz features Electro slimes, for example).
Thunder Sojourn Act 2: Lightning Round
The Thunder Sojourn Act 2 event also starts with a very short introduction quest. Click on Act 2 in the event menu, click ‘go to quest’ and then talk to the NPC in the northern part of Ritou (on the beach). Then go to the indicated quest location to find the first Lightning Round challenge.
Starting the Lightning Round challenge will spawn a bunch of enemies. You simply have to defeat them within the time limit. Apart from the enemies, you’ll also find an Electrogranum and a ‘Thunder Dwelling’. The latter is an Electro mechanism that can be charged by hitting it with Electro attacks or by standing nearby while affected by Electro. If the Thunder Dwelling is fully charged, it will release a Thunder Shock which can easily kill your opponents. There are a few more things you should know before starting this Thunder Sojourn event challenge:
- The Thunder Shock released by a fully charged Thunder Dwelling will damage all characters and enemies nearby. So yes, that includes you. If you activate the Electrogranum though, the Thunder Shock can’t harm you.
- As the Thunder Dwelling charges when Electro-affected characters are nearby, simply equipping an Electrogranum will do the trick.
- Naturally, it’s a good idea to have at least one Electro character on the team to charge the Thunder Dwelling as fast as possible. Using Fischl is the most convenient as she can simply drop Oz and allow you to focus on the enemies (while Oz charges the Thunder Dwelling in the background).
- In case you’re not interested in using the Thunder Dwelling: yes, you can complete the Thunder Sojourn Lightning Round without using any of the special mechanisms. However, the Thunder Dwelling shockwaves will make it easier for you.
Thunder Sojourn Act 3: Weaving Lightning
The third Act of the Genshin Impact Thunder Sojourn event starts south of the Kujou Encampment (after first talking to the NPC on Narukami Island). This Thunder Sojourn Act is also a timed combat challenge. After starting the red mechanisms, you will see a bunch of Electro stones called ‘Nimbus Gems’.
A Nimbus Gem grants several buffs to nearby characters affected by Electro. The easiest way to get the buff, is by equipping the Electrogranum near you. If the Electro Nimbus Gem is charging you, you’ll see a bright purple laser beam connected to your active character. Here are a few more tips for Thunder Sojourn Act 3:
- The more Electro Nimbus Gems you’re connected to, the better your buffs. It’s best to position yourself right between the Nimbus Gems to make sure you get three (rather than one) combat buff. Here’s how it works:
- One Nimbus Gem connection: your active character continually recharges Energy.
- Two Nimbus Gem connections: your active character recharges Energy even faster and deals more damage with their Elemental Burst.
- Three Nimbus Gem connections: hitting an opponent with any attack unleashes an Electro shockwave. Has a cooldown.
- As this Thunder Sojourn Act is very much focused on fast and highly damaging Elemental Bursts, it makes sense to use the characters with the highest Burst damage. Pay attention to cooldown time rather than Energy requirements (as the Nimbus Gems will charge your Burst with incredible speed).
- Just like Thunder Sojourn Act 2, you can actually complete this challenge without using the Electro mechanism. However, it’s much easier to do so with he help of the buffs, and you’ll get extra rewards.