Obtaining Crafting Tools
Before you can begin crafting, you must obtain the tools necessary for that craft. Just as you would join a guild for a class or job, you can obtain crafting tools for the appropriate role at the crafting guild. For more description of the guilds themselves, see our Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn classes and jobs guide. The locations are as follows:
- Alchemist: Ul'Dah, upper level
- Armorer: south Limsa Lominsa, Lower Decks
- Blacksmith: south Limsa Lominsa, Upper Decks
- Botanist: west Old Gridania
- Carpenter: central New Gridania
- Culinarian: north Limsa Lominsa, Upper Decks
- Fisher: southwest Limsa Lominsa, Lower Decks
- Goldsmith: south Ul'Dah
- Leatherworker: east Old Gridania
- Miner: south Ul'Dah
- Weaver: southeast Ul'Dah
You'll need to complete your class' Level 10 quest before you can join any crafting guild, but we recommend waiting until completing your Level 15 quest. This unlocks airship travel, and the guilds are spread out throughout the game's major cities. Trust us, you'll want to try more than one crafting path.
With tools obtained, simply equip them to become that class. To switch back to your starting class, simply return to that former weapon.