• kit07 - September 28, 2011 9:28 p.m.

if they are going to rebuild this obvious flop...why not rebuild ff7 while you're at it. ppl want it. they don't want a revamped ff14.
  • Weirdjedi - September 28, 2011 8:27 p.m.

I think people have different opinions on what actually defines the Final Fantasy brand. I played Final Fantasy X and then went back and played IV, V, VI. What I remember most is the compelling story, the intricate characters, and the moments when everything gets turned upside-down and your mind breaks. Those are the type of games I love.
  • lordgodalming - September 28, 2011 8:08 p.m.

I know every FF has its haters, but I personally haven't disliked any of the numbered, single player FFs. Yoichi Wada, on the other hand, is quite obviously the worst thing ever to happen to Square, Enix, or Square Enix. The guy is an absolute disaster. The company, not the FF brand, has gone down the tubes since he showed up. In fact, I would argue that FF is the only thing at SE that's still hanging on to greatness, due in large part to the efforts of old pros like Toriyama, Nomura, and Kitase. I would love to see Wada let those guys off the leash and take some risks.
  • librarianmike - September 28, 2011 7:51 p.m.

Here's a protip for you, Square: Try making one game at a time. Also, next time you make a game, try having something interesting happen BEFORE the 30-hour mark.
  • CUFCfan616 - September 28, 2011 7:17 p.m.

As hardware has improved, the FF games have gotten more and more linear with each new title. Where's the logic behind that? FF13 was just a joke and it's just because of sale figures that they're doing a sequel rather than based on whether it was well received or not. I'd wager the majority of people who bought and played through FF13 couldn't give a flying fudge about a FF13 sequel. Truly open and free-roaming RPGs have been around for years and are continuing to be made and Squaresoft are just falling behind the game relying on big production values instead of strong story telling and character development to sell their games. They're the Michael Bay of the video game industry
  • ultimatepunchrod - September 28, 2011 7:12 p.m.

according to FF fans every game has damaged the series depending on which group you talk to. nobody has had unanimous praise for any of them since the SNES. but guess what. people will still buy the crap out of it. and i dont fault them for having faith in the franchise, but the whole damaging the brand thing is a little too far.
  • Sinosaur - September 28, 2011 7:01 p.m.

This sounds like taking time away from making new games to try to repolish a turd.
  • tuomotaivainen - September 28, 2011 7 p.m.

I have absolutely no doubt that Squaresoft will NEVER fix FFXIV to the standards of current MMO's. Could they make it better than the PoS it is now? Certainly, I mean, how incompetent would they have to be to make it worse?
  • lazer59882 - September 28, 2011 6:59 p.m.

huh. wrong Final Fantasy, Wada. it's XIII that "greatly damaged" the brand. and if we want to go further back than that, its really X where things started going horribly wrong.