• Sjoeki - July 11, 2012 1:31 p.m.

Am I the only one who never thought of the Turtles as super heroes? Yes they stop bad guys but so do the G.I. Joe and I find them awesome for it but in my eyes they aren't super heroes, eventhough it's in the damned intro song.
  • BladedFalcon - July 11, 2012 1:39 p.m.

They are little turtles that mutated into giant, human sized ninjas that are stronger, faster, and fight much better than your average person. And Donatello can create some pretty frigging outlandish and cool gear. That sounds pretty damn super to me. Hell, technically, they are way more "super" than anything batman or Punisher could ever be.
  • slimjim441 - July 12, 2012 1:31 a.m.

Scientifically, yes, but no one will ever be as great as Batman, including Superman. And that is a fact which I can back up with a very long list of comics and references, if'n you're so inclined to argue otherwise. Not saying you were, just warning you not to.
  • BladedFalcon - July 12, 2012 8:18 a.m.

I don't ever recall even hinting that I considered the turtles to be better in any way than batman. I was strictly speaking about the definition of superhero, and superpowers. So your warning comes across as kinda pointless and fanboyishly defensive, really.
  • slimjim441 - July 12, 2012 12:50 p.m.

I won't deny it; my warning is pretty much completely pointless and fanboyish. Just remember, Batman is better than everyone. ;D
  • Craxi - July 13, 2012 12:11 a.m.

Besides Spiderman
  • slimjim441 - July 13, 2012 1:21 p.m.

lol nope. ^_^ (but I do love Spier-Man)
  • nikeiden - July 12, 2012 8:34 p.m.

At least batman has had some good movies. And the ninja turtles arent superheros. Just because they were mutants, were anthropomorphic, and had had the ability to make gadgets doesnt make them superheroes.
  • BladedFalcon - July 12, 2012 9:42 p.m.

Anther idiot that completely missed the point, how unsurprising...
  • Craxi - July 13, 2012 12:15 a.m.

"the ability to make gadgets doesnt make them superheroes" You just described most of what makes Batman one.
  • Redeater - July 11, 2012 2:01 p.m.

Your not alone. I understand why they are considered super heroes but it always surprises me to see them on lists like this one.
  • freetouch - July 11, 2012 1:15 p.m.

Seriously, I don't believe you would put TMNT and Silver Surfer in here because of DIFFICULTY, over such crappy titles as NES Xmen and NES Spiderman: Return of the Sinister Six. I thought you guys were better than this.
  • slimjim441 - July 12, 2012 1:45 a.m.

By that logic, Castlevania, Battletoads, and Contra should all be on this list as well (if any of them were based off comics, of course). But! Unlike Castlevania and the rest, the difficulty in TMNT and SS didn't lie in COMPLEX game design, but contrarily FLAWED game design. The mechanics of Castlevania are well balanced and require knowing when to pick up which sub weapon, while platforming was straight forward, but still challenging, and the enemy movements and placement were well thought out and... you get the gist. Castlevania rocks. TMNT's character design sucked. Each turtle attacked differently, but in totally unequal ways, leaving some characters useless, movement was a pain (i.e. swimming), fighting enemies became more difficult not because it required more tact and skill, but just because they did crazier shit while you were forced to work around the equally clunky environment.
  • bamit11 - July 11, 2012 1:09 p.m.

JonTron explained Aquaman best. It's Mortal Kombat if the only enemy you fought was Sektor and it was underwater. The only thing he forget was if you made the combat incredibly shitty.
  • Slider64 - July 11, 2012 1:08 p.m.

In response to TMNT Why does that water stage get so over rated in difficulty its not that hard or bad, the game gets so much worse later...maybe i just played too much of that game it has a great soundtrack and has some fun moments
  • Slider64 - July 11, 2012 1:12 p.m.

There was a Movie Gallery in the late 90's that charged to play Superman 64, a quarter for every 5 minutes, this stayed working until 2004
  • Redeater - July 11, 2012 1:58 p.m.

I fully agree. I played it again recently and got my ass handed to me in the dam but I never found it too hard when I was a kid. At the very least it was only about 15 minutes into the game which meant a quick restart. I would say any one of the instant death jumps later on were much worse than the dam.
  • AwesomeMan - July 11, 2012 1:06 p.m.

I'm sorry...but I gotta be that guy. I played the shiiiiit out of Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects...The game was far from perfect but I had so much fun with, not just the characters, but the cool game play. a good fight really felt like a dynamic super hero battle! I really wish they had another one!
  • XLGirthMan - July 11, 2012 4:04 p.m.

THANK YOU. I actually really loved that game back in the day. It was certainly decent for it's time.
  • garnsr - July 11, 2012 12:57 p.m.

You should just do an article on the awfulness that was Acclaim. Or, one about the various companies that we old timers remember as the worst, like Acclaim, LJN, Ocean, with their worst games, and maybe the few that were actually decent.
  • meagaman45 - July 11, 2012 12:32 p.m.

i still do think that rise of the imperfects game was awful maybe not good but not bad enough for the worst top ten.
  • Kelshaw1996 - July 11, 2012 12:30 p.m.

You said tame on the superman entry when you ment game, silly Henereyg
  • mayday991 - July 11, 2012 12:42 p.m.

And on the batman entry he said bet instead of beat.
  • Fuzunga - July 11, 2012 12:30 p.m.

Superman 64 is, indeed, the worst tame ever made.
  • Redeater - July 11, 2012 1:53 p.m.

Heh, I was wondering if anyone else caught that.
  • Redeater - July 11, 2012 12:19 p.m.

I will be 80 and I will still get a kick out of seeing Superman 64 being trashed. Spawn was a disappointment as well since I was hoping for an arcade port. I loved the Spawn arcade game to death.