We Recommend

• SincereLP - June 2, 2010 7:50 a.m.

i think it should stay in the usa....it should be on the east coast instead like new york philly i think it should be added features such as u create how u look and how u want ur swagg to be it would be hot
  • TitanofRock21 - June 2, 2010 8:54 a.m.

Honestly I would Thoroughly enjoy GTA: London or Europe. I'm quite sick of the only environments in recent games being American cities or South American jungles. Don't get me wrong they're great settings but lets give them a little break shall we? Also a GTA in the future would kick major ass. I could totally see myself blowing apart space patrol with a crazy ass laser guided thermal rocket Doo-hickey while I cruise the streets of a space colony looking for some alien prostitutes to beat with a laser baton or some other futuristic melee weapon. But a change of scenery would be awesome. but I'm sure rock* won't lead us astray with whatever setting they decide upon.
  • reaperman22 - June 2, 2010 9:22 a.m.

i wouldnt mind a gta in australia though it will probably never happen, i think its fine in america they just need to either add a new city or a return to vice city or san andreas would be great especially if they set it in the 80's again
  • Nashalot - June 2, 2010 9:57 a.m.

Agree 100% with BrewerHorse. London's ripe with character & culture and hasnt been ripped into nearly enough in the GTA series. Remember the top down was set in the 60's and I think a modern take on the city would be fun. I dunno why some people dont think it would be any good in England. Wherever the next game is set, it'll be fun. Could even have a some missions in Edinburgh too for a bit of Rock* self deprication!!
  • gavin1873 - June 2, 2010 10:35 a.m.

GTA: Glasgow would be awesome. no guns though, just knives and bricks
  • 8bitBaby - June 2, 2010 11:27 a.m.

GTA in one of two places London... or somewhere in South America like COLOMBIA! captcha: overawed Frank
  • Clovin64 - June 2, 2010 11:44 a.m.

GTA London would be sweet. London is a city with a massive range of cultures, tastes and people and theres plenty of potential for satyrical (did I spell that right?) references to London culture. Still, because of the gun laws in the UK, you would get a wanted rating for casually walking down the street with an RPG slung over your shoulder. Russia would be a good idea aswell if it was set in St Petersburg of Moscow. Russia gets treated far too harshly in games (seriously, nearly every game I look at has you playing as a big granite jawed American guy gunning down hoards of Russians) and a city like Moscow would truly bring a new flavour to GTA. Despite everything I just typed, GTA still seems like a distinctly American series to me, and theres plenty more of America that hasnt been featured in GTA yet(50 states people!)
  • philipshaw - June 2, 2010 11:58 a.m.

I think they should keep it in the US because they have the satire down there and won't want to try British satire that people who live in the US won't get
  • adamasunder - June 2, 2010 12:18 p.m.

This is the second 'advisory' piece I've seen on this site about how Rockstar should do GTA5. GTA London would be shite, GTA future would be shite. GTA is as much about America as it is about carjacking. Rockstar know what they're doing.
  • Anonymous93 - June 2, 2010 12:21 p.m.

I feel it needs to be set in a place that isnt as dreary as Liberty City was and London is just just as dreary if not more(plus theres no sea nearby just the thames(a river)). It also needs to be in an english speaking country with a varied landscape. Thats why oz is perfect. They have big cities big deserts great weather and a huge variety of wildlife. Just imagine fighting a kangaroo, driving aruound the outback in a buggy or getting eaten by a great white as you swim. Plus as others said it would piss off the australian govt. AND the theme song could be men at work.
  • Anonymous93 - June 2, 2010 12:23 p.m.

also sorry for the double post but someone ignorant retard said britain has a pop. of 1.7 million. It doesnt i dont know the right number but i know london has about 12million alone
  • AuthorityFigure - June 2, 2010 2:35 p.m.

How about they make a game for each territory for GTAV... You link up and visit other cities ike (ahem) Animal Crossing... Recruit your cousin from Europe to take on the triads of Hong Kong etc.
  • eltonbm - June 2, 2010 4:58 p.m.

If they want to put a different setting than they need to change the game: Bully(childhood), RDR(End of the Wild West). For a GTA it needs to be here and almost now. GTA is all about city life, what it was or what it is. So for "future" we need a new game. A set outside USA? True Crime is doing it right now; a country in Africa? FC2 nailed it, but we have so much to explore Dora! Australia and their Wilderness, Niko´s home with all the instable politics and cold crimes(Kremlin in HD!!!!!), South America will be in Max P. 3, but it could be worth. Middle Eastern? The most inflammable place in the 21st Century? Hell, watch Syriana or Three Kings, or any other movie without Cloney with this theme. This could be the most dark and dangerous GTA ever, and yet the most explosion filled one. But you know what would really be nice and fantastic? Put our hands on the mind of a criminal LADY!!! Hey "Hit Girls" are everywhere, even in R* RDR, so why crime is always a man thing? We get 4 GTA expansions(LC and VS Stories and Episodes of LC) and we never experienced the game as a Lady, not even in Chinatown Wars. So yes, even England, or Ireland, or Morocco , or Iraq, Brazil, Australia, Russia, Taiwan, Japan, N. Korea, Texas, Jamaica. I want to play with a lady too and maybe chose for a better life in the game too. And bring back all the body changes and Clothes from San Andreas, that was fantastic.
  • aberkromby - June 2, 2010 7:30 p.m.

GTA Baghdad.....
  • PaulieWaulie - June 2, 2010 10:04 p.m.

I'm not a particularly patriotic person (not even entirely British) but I have to make a couple of points: ImAliveOMG : London alone has a population of almost 8 million so I think the UK has a larger population that 1.7 mil, in fact I think it's has twice the population of Canada (I do like Canada by the way). All other anti UK bellends (mostly yanks) : Ever looked at a globe? UK is a fairly small Island that ultimately not only spawned the effing language you are all using but also is responsible for you living where you are now in some way or another. Please don't base your xenophobic views from watching American based films such as Mary Poppins. UK has some of the most multicultural cities in the world plus even though in the real world it is not a good point they are full of crime which is the basis of all GTA's. Plus on a final note, Rockstar are a british dev house so why not, and like the article states, I've spent ages laughing at them taking the p!ss out of US culture and I'm ready for them to look inwards and rip us brits to pieces. PS Sci-Fi GTA = Sh!t
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - June 2, 2010 10:18 p.m.

I hate to be pedantic but Londoners (and the whole South East of the UK) don't use the prelusory " t' ". That's T'northeners. As you were, gentlemen. OT: I'd love to see a GTA Future. Might make them fun again instead of dreary, grey, boring, depressing and "gritty" like IV was.
  • PaulieWaulie - June 2, 2010 10:21 p.m.

Northerns don't use the "t" either, they just imply the use of it.
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - June 2, 2010 10:26 p.m.

Oh and @Sabtos - The UK founded cynics. (sorry for DP)
  • shyfonzie - June 2, 2010 11:08 p.m.

GTA: Bonertown
  • Spybreak8 - June 3, 2010 5:10 a.m.

London baby yeaah! (in Brucie's voice lol) I'd say Hawaii, still technically in the US but would be like GTA Just Cause. Niko goes on vacation! haha no no use a different character of course.