• Anonymous93 - June 2, 2010 12:21 p.m.

I feel it needs to be set in a place that isnt as dreary as Liberty City was and London is just just as dreary if not more(plus theres no sea nearby just the thames(a river)). It also needs to be in an english speaking country with a varied landscape. Thats why oz is perfect. They have big cities big deserts great weather and a huge variety of wildlife. Just imagine fighting a kangaroo, driving aruound the outback in a buggy or getting eaten by a great white as you swim. Plus as others said it would piss off the australian govt. AND the theme song could be men at work.
  • adamasunder - June 2, 2010 12:18 p.m.

This is the second 'advisory' piece I've seen on this site about how Rockstar should do GTA5. GTA London would be shite, GTA future would be shite. GTA is as much about America as it is about carjacking. Rockstar know what they're doing.
  • philipshaw - June 2, 2010 11:58 a.m.

I think they should keep it in the US because they have the satire down there and won't want to try British satire that people who live in the US won't get
  • Clovin64 - June 2, 2010 11:44 a.m.

GTA London would be sweet. London is a city with a massive range of cultures, tastes and people and theres plenty of potential for satyrical (did I spell that right?) references to London culture. Still, because of the gun laws in the UK, you would get a wanted rating for casually walking down the street with an RPG slung over your shoulder. Russia would be a good idea aswell if it was set in St Petersburg of Moscow. Russia gets treated far too harshly in games (seriously, nearly every game I look at has you playing as a big granite jawed American guy gunning down hoards of Russians) and a city like Moscow would truly bring a new flavour to GTA. Despite everything I just typed, GTA still seems like a distinctly American series to me, and theres plenty more of America that hasnt been featured in GTA yet(50 states people!)
  • 8bitBaby - June 2, 2010 11:27 a.m.

GTA in one of two places London... or somewhere in South America like COLOMBIA! captcha: overawed Frank
  • gavin1873 - June 2, 2010 10:35 a.m.

GTA: Glasgow would be awesome. no guns though, just knives and bricks
  • Nashalot - June 2, 2010 9:57 a.m.

Agree 100% with BrewerHorse. London's ripe with character & culture and hasnt been ripped into nearly enough in the GTA series. Remember the top down was set in the 60's and I think a modern take on the city would be fun. I dunno why some people dont think it would be any good in England. Wherever the next game is set, it'll be fun. Could even have a some missions in Edinburgh too for a bit of Rock* self deprication!!
  • reaperman22 - June 2, 2010 9:22 a.m.

i wouldnt mind a gta in australia though it will probably never happen, i think its fine in america they just need to either add a new city or a return to vice city or san andreas would be great especially if they set it in the 80's again
  • TitanofRock21 - June 2, 2010 8:54 a.m.

Honestly I would Thoroughly enjoy GTA: London or Europe. I'm quite sick of the only environments in recent games being American cities or South American jungles. Don't get me wrong they're great settings but lets give them a little break shall we? Also a GTA in the future would kick major ass. I could totally see myself blowing apart space patrol with a crazy ass laser guided thermal rocket Doo-hickey while I cruise the streets of a space colony looking for some alien prostitutes to beat with a laser baton or some other futuristic melee weapon. But a change of scenery would be awesome. but I'm sure rock* won't lead us astray with whatever setting they decide upon.
  • SincereLP - June 2, 2010 7:50 a.m.

i think it should stay in the usa....it should be on the east coast instead like new york philly i think it should be added features such as u create how u look and how u want ur swagg to be it would be hot
  • FantasticMrStarFox - June 2, 2010 7:40 a.m.

GTA England would be epic. I'd also like a GTA Japan or South Korea.
  • jmcgrotty - June 2, 2010 6:39 a.m.

A future-based GTA would be a Fail On Install situation, without a doubt.
  • evilmonkeyturds - June 2, 2010 2:47 a.m.

GTA can't be in Tokyo. That wouldn't be fair to Yakuza
  • donwel48 - June 2, 2010 2:34 a.m.

@Sabtos Actually (and I can't believe that nobody has pointed this out yet) GTA is made my Rockstar North; formerly known as DMA Design, which is based in Scotland and unless you're a complete fool should know that it is part of the UK. So GTA is and always has been a UK franchise. I'm not saying that there aren't Americans who work on it, however knowing that most of the actual game design takes place at R* North would it not be reasonable to assume that most of the people who work on the franchise are infact British?
  • InvalidUsername - June 2, 2010 2:20 a.m.

I'm back. I really didn't support why I think GTA should stay in America in my last comment. Almost all of GTA's games take place in America. To me, that's where GTA belongs. Why would we want to go and change things? I know change is "cool" and "good" or whatever, but it doesn't need to be done. I'm comfortable with the American setting. America comes to mind when I think of GTA. It's good where it is. America isn't getting old anytime soon.......believe me.....it's not.
  • Sabtos - June 2, 2010 2:03 a.m.

No. GTA has so much experience and so many skilled people that work on it, that are American, cynical (i.e. brutally and dead-on honest), and very perceptive. While I wasn't as much of a fan of GTA IV, I felt it was a good closing and I don't want to see another GTA. And it was masterfully done regarding America. Time to close the series off. And it would be blasphemy!!,lol, to be set in some other country.
  • AIDSWIDGET - June 2, 2010 1:48 a.m.

Just had a brilliant idea London and Paris connected by train through the chunnel.
  • HawtKakez - June 2, 2010 1:40 a.m.

Maybe they can set the next one in the Middle East where...you know what, scratch that. That would definitely be a dangerous idea. But hey, Rockstar lives on controversy.
  • AIDSWIDGET - June 2, 2010 1:39 a.m.

It seems to me people want it in America for 1 of 2 reasons 1) They are Americans and don't know shit about other countries. 2) They are not Americans and hate America. Sin and vice are pretty much universal and cities like London, Tokyo, and Hong Kong would all give a unique flavour to a series which i reckon is on ready for a change.
  • AIDSWIDGET - June 2, 2010 1:32 a.m.

I'd say GTA London could work if it took inspiration from Michael Caine films for a 60s/70s setting or Guy Ritchie for a modern setting. But personally I'd like to see a John Woo inspired Hong Kong. (No Bullettime though)