• StrayGator - March 5, 2014 9:48 a.m.

So if i understand correctly, using a guide/faq to advance through DS is actually a way to not play the game, much like point&click walkthroughs. Is this pattern also characteristic of Demon's' Soul'se's?
  • BladedFalcon - March 5, 2014 10:25 a.m.

Pretty much, using a FAQ defeats the entire purpose of the game, you might as well not play it if you're gonna rely on a walktrough. Only scenario I can find it justifiable is AFTER you beat the game, and want to find secrets you no doubt missed the first time. Because I WILL say that Dark Souls can be a dick at hiding shit and giving you no real clue on how to find it.
  • gilgamesh310 - March 6, 2014 6:10 p.m.

There's no harm in using a FAQ for the occasional thing. I decided to go back and restart the game, after getting relatively nowhere in it when I first played it. I looked at a walkthrough for a couple of things this time, and they helped me out to the point where I felt more set to continue. Some things, like acquiring that drake sword can only be found but consulting a guide.
  • BladedFalcon - March 6, 2014 9:36 p.m.

True, and that's what I meant above. Using a guide to find secrets is fine, specially because again, I agree Dark Souls is a bit obtuse and a bit of a dick when it comes to secret weapons or passages. It's the constant reliance on a guide, specially to get trough an area or a boss that's what I feel ends up defeating the purpose.
  • hester2 - March 5, 2014 9:32 a.m.

God, I can't wait. Now I just need to haul ass through South Park before Tuesday.
  • universaltofu - March 5, 2014 4:41 p.m.

Same here.