Topics

Infinity Ward

• cwdd47 - September 12, 2012 7:56 p.m.

Before playing this game, the most time I've ever put into a video game was 100 hours, which was Oblivion. By the time I finished playing COD4, I had over 25 DAYS put into it. I couldn't get enough of it.
  • Reubenguy - September 12, 2012 6:45 p.m.

Definately agree!!! I said it way back in 2007 and i still say it now, COD4 was one of the greatest games of all time. Glad it got its deserved spot on this list
  • edward-temblador - September 12, 2012 6:25 p.m.

Battlefield is better in every way....IMO
  • musashi1596 - September 12, 2012 7:21 p.m.

Don't be such a fanboy. I love the Battlefield series and generally dislike the CoD series, but none of the single player campaigns even come close to matching Modern Warfare's.
  • tehtimeisnow - September 12, 2012 8:41 p.m.

dont be a fanboy cuz battelfeld is pretty bad in my openion and call of duty is superier cuz its extremelly fun and the grafics really push the envalope of what xobx can run and the online play is simpley perfect just put it this way call of duty rules
  • Setlok17 - September 13, 2012 1:38 a.m.

Jesus dude just shut the hell up until you can learn how to at the very least spell check. I'm not saying you need to be 100% grammatical but damn at least put some effort into it. It's like trying to read a 7 year old's writing. Also hes the fanboy? Really? Battlefield is way superior to MW if your looking for large scale combat with plenty of vehicles or long range sniping or planning attacks out with friends. Plus in my experience there are less obnoxious little kids (like you). If you want fast paced trigger happy combat or cinema quality, fast action campaign then MW 1 or 2 is the way to go. They're all good in their own way (except 3, that was the downsy MW). But a fanboy would be unable to see that.
  • Fox_Mulder - September 13, 2012 9:16 a.m.

You make yourself sound dumb when you try to reason and argue with a seven year old. Just imagine you in real life talking to a seven year old kid trying to convince him Battlefield is better. Every time someone replies to his comments, HE wins. We will only win if we ignore him.
  • ThatGamerDude - September 12, 2012 5:22 p.m.

I may have been playing CoD since Call of Duty 2 but it CoD4: Modern Warfare that truly got me into playing CoD for several hours a day like a maniac (I still do this on occasions too). Everything felt right in MW (You could argue about juggernaut and martyrdom) more so than any other shooter I've ever played. Even after 4 years since I've bought it, I still play Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2 more than I do Modern Warfare 3.
  • talleyXIV - September 12, 2012 5:10 p.m.

Infinity Ward was way too smug with their excellent work and decided that it never needed to be changed at all.
  • BaraChat - September 12, 2012 4:35 p.m.

It is very close to the top when it comes to "best military FPS ever" debate. Sadly, the series went downhill - and FAST - from there, both Treyarch and IW titles. And Black Ops II looks even worse, if that's possible... But you got to give credit where it's due. The first Modern Warfare was superb.
  • BladedFalcon - September 12, 2012 4:27 p.m.

Even though I have a CoD fatigue nowadays, there's no denying CoD was a truly fantastic game, and it does deserve recognition as being a incredibly fun, cinematic shooter, with a story taht you actually cared about, something that was very rare (And still kinda is...) in shooters. (With the exception of course, of some key games, like Bioshock, which also came out in that same year.)
  • hullonotna - September 12, 2012 2:48 p.m.

Call of Duty 4 was a great and addicting game, but if I had to fall back on a Call of Duty game that really was thrilling and amazing COD 4 would be a close second. The original still has some of the coolest and my personal favorite moments in a videogame. Call of Duty 4 felt like it took everything (singleplayer wise) from the original and gave it a modern setting, which isn't a bad thing. Even the All Ghillied Up level was essentially the reimagining of the water dam mission from COD, with some more cinematics. Multiplayer wise though Call of Duty 4 was spectacular and I won't go past that.
  • TURbo - September 12, 2012 2:17 p.m.

Captain Price was only a Leftenant back then. Chernobyl, even a decade later was Christmas for the bad guys.
  • mikeylawson - September 12, 2012 3:28 p.m.

Nicely remembered. But we still spell it Lieutenant.
  • somerandomchap - September 12, 2012 3:54 p.m.

Nicely corrected. But Leftenant is the proper English term for it.
  • Fenderstat - September 12, 2012 10:49 p.m.

it's still spelt Lieutenant buddy but pronounced how you spelt it.
  • mikeylawson - September 13, 2012 1:52 a.m.

I know. But we don't spell it any differently to the Americans. We only pronounce it differently because we're a little odd.
  • Acerba - September 12, 2012 1:53 p.m.

lol
  • zombi3grim - September 12, 2012 1:50 p.m.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I like Call of Duty: Black Ops campaign better. I just like the era and I'm a sucker for conspiracy theories. Plus, the thought of black op soldiers and those off the grid just entice more then your average special op soldier. As far as multiplayer, MW3 is the best IMO. I didnt like Black Ops multiplayer too much, mostly because I dont like the currency system. From what I've seen of Black Ops 2 however, it looks like that one will take over as my favorite in the series.
  • fattoler - September 12, 2012 3:35 p.m.

I also preferred the Black Ops campaign better, sort of reminded me of those thriller novels I used to read.