• taokaka - November 8, 2012 10:23 p.m.

Marauder shields and also the joker from Arkham Asylum were brilliant..... But seriously there are plenty I love such as the alien boss battle in Elite beat agents, Namir in deus ex human revolution (after your augmentations have been shut off and the screen is a mixed up blur) Ogre in tekken 3, reapermon in digimon rumble arena, cleopatra in Dante's Inferno and anything from touhou or Bayonetta are all honorable mentions but my favourites have to be out of any of the following -the final boss battle to vanquish where your speed seems to double and everything is ridiculously frantic. -the mobile fortress in Professor Layton and the lost future because of how surprisingly sad it and all the story surrounding it was. -Hazama from Blazblue: Continuum Shift, beating the crap out of the greatest troll in gaming was fun. -Ares in God of war, more specifically the part where you have to kill countless clones of yourself to save your family while the room around you collapses into the abyss below. -Sho Minamimoto from the world ends with you, he spends the week insulting you, making maths jokes, and covering the city with his "art" and then the final battle with him in week 2 just left me speechless.
  • Hobogonigal - November 9, 2012 2:51 a.m.

Nice list. For the ones from the games I have played, I agree completely. When I find a copy of TWEWY I really will have to buy it instantly and play it!
  • KishouTenpi - November 8, 2012 11:02 p.m.

Shadow Rise in P4 was a strange experience... The sheer panic (obviously spoilers will follow) when none of your attacks work and then when Teddie goes shadow... Magic :P
  • shawksta - November 8, 2012 11:05 p.m.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword had some good boss fights, however, the one that topples them all in memorability and Originality is Koloktos. First off, its easily the creepiest(Ghirahims more disturbing) boss. Dark energy in a Golden Golem that wields blades and sounds like an auto-tuned child, yeah. As if pulling its hands right off with the whip and slashing its Weak point wasnt already awesomely satisfying, its second phase has it grow legs, caging its weak spot and wield Giant Swords in all 6 six hands and goes in a fury. To which after pulling its hands right off again, REQUIRES you to grab its own giant swords and SLASH THE LIVING F*CK OUT OF IT to break the cage and hit its weak spot. Whats so satisfying about it is that you are Literally destroying him with his own weapon, which link exaggerates how heavy it is, and the interaction was flawless, you can slicehis hands and legs off and leave him helpless while you destroy that damn cage thats blocking his weak spot and DAMN, it just felt so satisfying. The battle itself was also long which also contributes to it. I have lots more memorable bosses but i just have to highlight Koloktos, he never gets the mention.
  • Fox_Mulder - November 9, 2012 1:23 a.m.

This is one of the bosses I thought of when I read the article's title.
  • masterjoe123 - November 9, 2012 6:35 p.m.

I thought this guy was epic too.
  • daveyc02909 - November 11, 2012 10:29 p.m.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this one (I even finally caved and made an account on GamesRadar to let you know!). It was especially awesome for me because I only had one heart left (and no fairies or potions) by the end of the fight. I'll never forget it.
  • StoneDreadnaught - November 9, 2012 12:11 a.m.

I'm surprised this particular boss fight has yet to come up. Dullahan from Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Good fucking CHRIST is this guy a bastard. He makes the Doom Dragon (which was a colossal two headed, red and blue dragon born from the fusion of Saturos and Menardi that looks like a scaly Gill from 3rd Strike) look like a goddamn pushover. He's an optional boss, that guards the most powerful summon in the game, Iris. She's the equivalent of Knights of the Round, basically. He attacks three times a turn, constantly Breaks any and all buffs you give to your party and is ALWAYS regenerating 200 HP at the end of his turn! And if your party was under lvl 70 (You can end the game at around 40-42) and you didn't go at him with the best everything for your entire team, you didn't stand a chance. And every time I summon Isis now, I sit through the whole damn animation. Even if I'm using it just to kill a Bugabear, I watch the whole thing.
  • ThundaGawd - November 9, 2012 12:35 a.m.

Nice to see Shadow of the Colossus getting some love, my favorite boss was the Sand Dragon (13th Colossi) from Shadow of the Colossus, bringing it down to ground-level with arrows, then pulling Agro up beside him and jumping onto it's wing from Horseback had me shaking with excitement at the sheer awesomeness, followed up with running across the ridges along it's back while it flies around hundreds of feet in the air was simply astonishing. Also, I was unaware that the Colossi had actual names, where did you guys find this out?
  • Nikku7 - November 9, 2012 12:58 a.m.

Particularly Avion and Phalanx from Shadow of the Colossus, Cortez from Paper Mario: TYD, Megahammer from Super Mario Galaxy 2, and Helmaroc King and Molgera from LOZ: Windwaker are some of my favorites.
  • Redeater - November 9, 2012 12:58 a.m.

Golbez FFIV You don't win but it was pretty great when he took mercy on you for his own reasons.
  • JarkayColt - November 9, 2012 3:15 a.m.

I keep meaning to play Shadow of the Colossus, but still haven't got round to it yet :/ Anyway, a lot of my favourite boss fights are in Mother 3. There's so many good ones I can't even begin to single them out. There's the obvious final boss in which you have to outlast an emotional breakdown, but there's also plenty of others like the NK Cyborg and the stupid-as-hell Miracle Fassad with his incredible "horns" (which are epicly tough fights), as well as earlier ones like the Forlorn Junkheap, the Steel Mechorilla and Mecha Drago, the Reconstructed Caribou, the Barrier Trio and the Pork Trooper who goes giddy over DCMC merchandise. Pretty much every boss in that game is testing but fun and also oftentimes hilariously silly, but most imporantly, memorable. I can't count the number of times I got pounded by the Jealous Bass and his Gently Weeping Guitar! Only in Mother 3!
  • mario-cesar - November 9, 2012 4:33 a.m.

It´s hard to tell, but for me, when i started to play videogames for real, this one was unique 'cuz every new game he was laughing and sending a new horde of robots against me and all the battles against him were epic. DR. WILY from megaman series.
  • rob619 - November 9, 2012 4:36 a.m.

Every Single MG boss fight. Can't believe their isnt even one MGS bossfight on here?
  • nintendo365 - November 9, 2012 11:01 p.m.

They are memorable, but I would say the most epic one is in the least liked installment- MGS2. Very close to the end where Raiden has to fight multiple Metal Gear RAY at once before fighting the real thing. 2nd place goes to two of MGS3's bosses, Volgin's fist fight and The Boss. And the 3rd is the fist fight with Liquid Ocelot at the end of MGS4, although it only places for nostalgia purposes. There's something infinitely lovable about beating him into multiple phases and personalities in his life.
  • Rub3z - November 9, 2012 5:19 a.m.

Yeah, Dark Souls boss fights are FTW. Lots of people would say Ornstein and Smough, but there's plenty boss fights in that game that are awe-inspiring. It's a toss-up between... dang it. Whenever I think of one to say I think of how another one is just as awesome. I'll just list: Four Kings, Grey Wolf Sif, Bell Gargoyles, Priscilla. And I haven't even played the DLC yet and fought Knight Artorias!!! Darn... I should get around to that...
  • Rub3z - November 9, 2012 5:44 a.m.

I can't list my favorite boss fights and appropriate reasons as to why, it'd take too long. I'll just say the game name and the name of the boss. No More Heroes 2: The Giant Mech Boss fight (rank #25), and rank asssassin #3 (the Samurai Dude). Twilight Princess: the big fire-breathing dragon in the sky city. Skyward Sword: The last one. Half Life 2: the helicopter battle when you're in the hovercraft, and in Episode 1 the battle against the gunship when you're in the attic, and it's raining down lead hailstorms on you that are ripping apart your wooden planks for cover. Couldn't help but describe it, sorry. :P Mario Galaxy (forget which one): the mole boss, and the giant snake. Shadow of the Colossus. Can't name one. All of them. Resistance 3 had some good ones. That moment in Left 4 Dead when a Tank spawns and you don't have a molotov and you hear the music and feel its steps rumbling your bowels as it gets closer, and your heart skips a beat and your mind starts racing contemplating whether or not you and your team are prepared to face it, but it doesn't matter because suddenly it's upon you and you may or may not be shouting at the top of your lungs, shooting with reckless abandon, praying that the relentless beast will just die already as you pump round after round into its unforgiving insatiable mass... let nobody say that a Tank hasn't ever made for a good boss fight.
  • sternparez - November 9, 2012 5:52 a.m.

MGS 3 The End, nothing else comes close
  • Youngtree - November 9, 2012 6:36 a.m.

Outlander had an amazing boss- it required such finess of platforming while attacking for a split second before dodging .. It was one of my most memorable boss fights (I think it was the 2nd boss .. not sure - floating platforms while falling ? ) And of coarse, some of Borderlands 1 bosses are unbelieveably good.