We Recommend

• haggerznaple - September 19, 2013 7:27 p.m.

I'd buy a nice house, put aside a few dozen million in trust for each of my kids, deposit much of it into various bank accounts for a rainy day, and invest a healthy amount - but not enough to ruin me should things go south - into various business ventures. I'd like to say I'd retire young and live out my days in leisure, but I'm sure I'd get bored. Instead, I'd use the money as an excuse to follow a career I really enjoy, rather than feeling roped into the one that earns the most money.
  • watevermanimlost - September 19, 2013 7:11 p.m.

I would go to school for the rest of my life.... cause school is easy. I would compensate my parents for their job in raising me as well as feeding my Videogame addiction over the years. Probably buy them a cottage. I would live a modest life in a medium sized house in a nice neighbourhood. I would have a wicked basement home theater with surround sound and all of the consoles ever made. I'd put the rest to either giving absorbent amounts of money to kick-starters or humble bundles.
  • masterjoe123 - September 19, 2013 6:50 p.m.

Retire at 18 and spend the rest of my life playing every video game ever. After I buy a Batmobile.
  • BladedFalcon - September 19, 2013 6:42 p.m.

I know it may sound cheesy, but honestly, at least 200 million would go towards my family, specially my parents, since well, I owe most of what I have to them. Another 100 Million would be saved and insured to have always as extra resource for whatever that could happen. 200 Million would be invested towards business and property to keep making money for me and my family well past my own lifespan. So 500 million spent in "boring" but important matters. As for the rest? I'd seek a way to invest at least 150 or 200 Million into an indie developer that would be willing to make the videogame of my dreams: A propper HD 2D Castlevania-Like game in a full fledged fashion: Huge and varied areas to explore as well as a good amount of enemies without using repeats: All different from each other and challenging in their own way. And even offer different characters with distinct castlevania combat styles: One a Belmont who focuses mainly of whip and subweapons, one alucard with use of magic and vampiric abilities, one a mage capable of a wider range of devastating abilities, and one a soma-like character that uses different weapons and abilities. Each with their own unique plotline and campaign. Finally, the remaining 50 Million would be spent on purely leisure stuff, buy an own whatever system and game I wanted or feel like playing, travel wherever I please around the world and just make sure I have a fulfilling life without ever overspending in a way that would draw attention to me and make me a target.
  • Shnubby - September 20, 2013 1:31 p.m.

I think you have the absolute best answer. I would give most of it to family and friends and invest most of the rest, leaving some to buy whatever I please. Almost drooling here after reading the idea for that Castlevania game :o
  • BladedFalcon - September 21, 2013 7:52 a.m.

Haha, thanks! ^^ And always great to know more people that are into 2D Castlevania games! :D
  • Shnubby - September 21, 2013 11:32 a.m.

Anything but the terrible ones on N64! Would this Castlevania game of yours happen to have a kick-ass HD version of the Super Castlevania IV soundtrack?? :P
  • BladedFalcon - September 21, 2013 12:38 p.m.

Yeah, I also really dislike the N54 ones XD The PS2 and Lords of Shadow I do like though, but not nearly as much as I do any 2D one XD And absolutely yes! Actually, in my own head, the idea is that ideally, each character would have a different style of music even if they traverse trough the same areas. Like say, one character would have entirely original songs composed specifically for the game, another one would have HD arrangement of classic songs from the series's past, including yes, stuff from SCIV like Simon's theme or forest of monster. And then you could also possibly unlock the original songs somehow, kinda like Ducktales remastered did it ^^
  • winner2 - September 19, 2013 6:36 p.m.

I'd retire incredibly young, put all my energy into the gym and fitness, live comfortably with my girlfriend and hopefully get married, and buy everything Sevenly sells to help all those charities.
  • LordZarlon - September 19, 2013 6:08 p.m.

I would buy 800 million burgers off of the dollar menu at McDonald's and build two statues out of them. One would be the Hamburgler and the other would be Mario. The Hamburgler would be strangling Mario. It would be the ultimate mascot showdown and a statement against the evils of trans fat's effect on cholesterol in the same scene.
  • Doctalen - September 19, 2013 6:04 p.m.

Put about 400 million into multiple intranational and international bank accounts. Live off of the interest from those accounts and them donate the rest to various charities
  • GamesByJerry - September 19, 2013 8:05 p.m.

This! Imagine the amount of human lives you could save by donating $400 million to the world's poorest!! Build access to clean water, basic housing and infrastructure, it's something I've dreamed of being able to do since I was young. One day I'll make a game worthy of such sales ^_^ For now I'll continue donating 5% of my somewhat average income.
  • g1rldraco7 - September 19, 2013 4:38 p.m.

First I would put a quarter of it into my savings. Put another quarter of it in a swiss account. Use 100 million to restart Star Wars 1313, 100 million to make my own game studio and use the rest to buy Hudson from Konami and resurrect The Bloody Roar Series along with Bamberman to make Tom Magrino happy. Any money leftover i would send to Greg so he won't starve :)
  • TheGooseinator - September 19, 2013 4:12 p.m.

I would put one half into a savings account and invest the other into a medical research fund that, if successful, would allow my body to naturally live forever. Theoretically, I would then have infinite money. Or I would just buy 40,000,000 copies of GTA V, I dunno.